General C++ Programming - September 2013 (Page 8)

by Ltp
Problem with loop

I want this type of output: 1 2 3 5 1 2 1 0 8 5 3 0 1 9 6 5 8 9 1 7 1 5 6 7 1 i.e., the diagonal values should be "1" like this: 1 1 1 ...
[2 replies] Last: Thanx a lot. :) (by Ltp)
Processing .SF2 (SoundFont2) files?

Anyone knows where to find documentation on .SF2 (SoundFont2) files? Like how the headers etc. are structured (So that I can process it in my emulator)?
[2 replies] Last: Anyone knows how to parse this to play MIDI I/O? (But without the real... (by superfury)
by plexus
Passing a multidimensional array

I'm trying to pass a two-dimensional array to a function. The function is defined as: long foobar(char foo ); I have to create that array dynamically. ...
[3 replies] Last: It works! Thanks a lot Duoas. :) Passing the size of the array is alr... (by plexus)
by Ceset
speed difference

i was wondering how much speed difference there would be between bool int long and such when we used a while loop since it is very important to make your code ...
[2 replies] Last: thx for the answer. but yeah i should be able to check and i shoul... (by Ceset)
Dissapointment

Is it true that with c++ you cannot create a operating system nor a mobile app for Apple,android
[14 replies] Last: Thax for your help guys (by Kaleb mapatha)
Ideas and Criticism

Hey my names Aj. I finally decided to take on the ultimate task of learning to program. Its been a while that i have had an interest but did not start until abo...
[5 replies] Last: keskiverto is completely correct. However, just incase you don't know ... (by TwilightSpectre)
by ccmccm
mingw SDL program compile and build ok but exe not working

I compile my sdl c++ program using mingw2.05 without error. But when I try to run the exe file, it pops up a window with correct caption name and then close at ...
[no replies]
Problem generating random number

Hey everyone, I have a question that it seems like I shouldn't have. I am recreating a hangman game that I made in my c++ class last semester, just for practice...
[7 replies] Last: Sorry I make an error... this is becouse I am more used to use Qt than... (by Nobun)
skipping cin statement

I have written a C++ program in which a user need to input a character. My problem is it's working fine for the first time but as it goes through the code seco...
[5 replies] Last: Please use code tags when posting code, to make it easier to read. (by MikeyBoy)
by Zapeth
calloc free fails

Hello, I'm trying to read all content from a text file into a string. This is the code I'm using for it (I know there are other, maybe better ways to do it but ...
[14 replies] Last: Alright, I guess I'll be looking out for any potential memory heap cor... (by Zapeth)
Help please!!!

this is what i have to do but i really dont know where to start... thanks for any help Upon execution of the program, the program displays a menu as shown be...
[1 reply] : I believe I (and others) will be much more willing to help if you post... (by bingo1)
i need help, im new to programming

i need timer functions to do stuff like: timer() { myFunctions } i want the timer to repeat it self every 2 hours, OR i want a thing to happ...
[5 replies] Last: thanks all, I appreciate your raplay (by ExtraMt)
Quick console game plz no bad comments

#include <iostream> #include "windows.h" using namespace std; char map = { "#######################################", "#@ ...
[5 replies] Last: kk than you (by Nerodic)
This line of code just passed compilation

if( map.drawRange((int)(startX+0.5), (int)(startY+0.5), (int)(endX+0.5), (int)(endY+0.5)), !max); Now what I want to point out is that the First: ...
[7 replies] Last: Automatic reformatting tools won't split it onto separate lines. (by LB)
difference between bitwise or and bitwise and

I was looking at some documentation and it says the following: Bitwise AND assignment a &= b Bitwise OR assignment a |= b But it isn't too helpful. I ...
[2 replies] Last: a |= b; // does same as a = a | b; Result of OR is 1 if at least one... (by keskiverto)
need explanation on dual sort in pseudocode

please provide info on dual sort
[no replies]
by MaSUB
I need help on a transcript generator. Please assist!

I this program has 6 classes, Course, Semester, Student, Transcript, TranscriptImporter and TranscriptExporter. The basis of the program is to have a .txt...
[no replies]
Passing matrices into classes

Hello guys, I am currently trying to pass a matrix (multidimensional array) from my main into a function in a class. As usual, you have to include all array si...
[9 replies] Last: I think that templates with way overkill for this dude, xantavis, if ... (by TinyTeeTree)
by Snaksa
From C++ 03 to C++ 11

Hi!. I have been studying C++ 03 for around a year. Now I want to see with what C++ 11 is better than C++ 03. I know there will be C++ 14 but it is not finished...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks :) (by Snaksa)
September 2013 Pages: 1... 678910... 36
  Archived months: [aug2013] [oct2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.