Lounge - April 2019 (Page 2)

Bug found

Good morning, I've just created the account. I am sure that post will be removed. So don't be too rough for me plz. I just want to indicate that there is a bug...
[5 replies] Last: The funny thing is actually does compile with GCC — probably why the... (by TwilightSpectre)
Upgrade to C++17 Standard

With C++17 standard becoming main stream is cplusplus.com is planning to upgrade its reference library documentation to include all new features that are presen...
[3 replies] Last: He has, on rare occasions. Updating the reference section to current ... (by George P)
Episodical post (2) A empathy triggering backstory of the un-arrested people of the earth

In Episodical post (1), a few of you said some types of people you disliked, in this post I ask you the question, how negative would a backstory of that kind of...
[10 replies] Last: Those examples you said. "Stubbed my toe => become a serial killer". ... (by closed account 367kGNh0)
Just 'cuz

http://vividandbrave.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/rubber-chicken-smoking-1024x888.jpg
[no replies]
Word are power. What defines the words power though?

It is hard to pinpoint the remarkabilty, ability, strength and value of the very bricks of language. words. Yet there is no stable for what actually defines the...
[8 replies] Last: It was just a thought experiment And my response was a hypothetical ... (by George P)
Episodical post (1) The un-arrested people of the earth (1,2)

I thought I would try to start an episodical series of topics. Each topic is based on the last. I think I'll make this a trilogy. So I ask first, who are the un...
[22 replies] Last: Great! thats 6, expect episode 2 in a few hours, where I'll ask you wi... (by closed account 367kGNh0)
I've got it covered...

So, I like listening to good and/or cheesy cover versions like: Toto - Africa (metal cover by Leo Moracchioli feat. Rabea & Hannah) https://www.youtube.com/wa...
[2 replies] Last: There are a shocking number of covers for great songs. Some of them ar... (by Duthomhas)
Visual Studio 2019 released?

It looks like MS released VS 2019, without making an actual official announcement. Download the installer, run it and it shows it is installing 2019. The down...
[15 replies] Last: WHOA! VS 2019 does have a start page, like 2017's. It is a hidden me... (by George P)
Microsoft animation software

Microsoft has produced many functional softwares. from Expression 4 for websites, VB for coding and office for, well, the office, do you think they should push ...
[2 replies] Last: And as for us wanting them to make one, why would we? I would think t... (by closed account 367kGNh0)
does anybody want a voicing role in my production?

Hi, would anybody like a voicing role in my RPG? Please PM me if so -Colchestian
[no replies]
Experience this website as if your in 2008!

For some of you, this will be a trip down memory lane! Others an insight on what you missed. I present the old cplusplus.com! https://web.archive.org/web/*/http...
[2 replies] Last: You'll find it if you scroll down on any sub-forum ;) With this li... (by closed account 367kGNh0)
Does profanity pollute speech, or pleasurise it?

Personally, I think profanity a sheepish way to just show you can't go about things normally. What do I mean by this?: I think the last time somebody swore t...
[10 replies] Last: Profanity is like any other part of speech. Used well, it can be extre... (by Repeater)
Is too much power handed to the wrong people?

Status is almost everything in society. Your position at work, your working stage and several more depending on context. However, some positions are not as easy...
[18 replies] Last: As usual, you respond with an air of faux superiority and lack of req... (by closed account 367kGNh0)
What does the logo actually mean (1,2)

Is there more to the website's logo than just a C++ "plus"?
[26 replies] Last: It's hard to fit posting in between bedding supermodels and the high ... (by closed account 367kGNh0)
by zapshe
Curiosity - Atheist or Theist? (1,2)

I was just thinking about stuff that I've already forgotten and then I really wanted to know how many atheists there would be within a coding community. We co...
[33 replies] Last: Thanks for the input everyone. @SophiaCristina I hear that a lot! I ... (by zapshe)
by Grime
Suggestion: Disallow noobs from making new threads. (1,2)

Aren't you tired of the crap that is being posted on our forum? We could prevent that by simply disallowing new players from making posts! The fact of the matte...
[33 replies] Last: I said "could be." I don't think it is automated, but it is a possibi... (by George P)
by stav
Calculating arc length of function

Hi guys This is more of a math question than a c++ question which is why im posting here under the lounge section. Hope thats okay. I'm making a program that c...
[3 replies] Last: Does anyone know of a way to calculate the amount of iterations that ... (by MikeStgt)
Do you happen to know more unique, even cultural, pencil and paper games?

(Yes " @Furry Guy " and " @Satan ", I am going to speak like that again, just shrug it off) When merged, the pencil and paper can achieve that which is remarka...
[4 replies] Last: It could work out just fine newbieg, it really could, but the thing is... (by closed account 367kGNh0)
April 2019 Pages: 12
  Archived months: [mar2019] [may2019]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.