UNIX/Linux Programming - September 2012 (Page 3)

not able to run "fuser" command

I am not able to run "fuser" command on the linux terminal,Do i have to install it seprately?
[1 reply] : If it's not already installed you can probably install it from the pac... (by Peter87)
Is posix_spawnp thread-safe?

Especially: is posix_spawnp configured for using vfork + execve threadsafe on Linux? Man page doesn't document this nor I couldn't find any trustworthy infor...
[2 replies] Last: Hmm, it seems that posix_spawnp is kinda thread-safe. Kinda, because i... (by rapidcoder)
by alend
Maximum size of int array

I have written a simple program. But I got a strange error: #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main(int argc, char* argv ) { in...
[2 replies] Last: Hope that following will be useful ... signed char: -127 to 127 (note... (by acn)
What can Linux bring to u

able to config almost all the linux services,such as samba,vsftp,apache... can write shell script,know little about the python,good at c/c++ coding,what kind o...
[1 reply] : It's nice that you figured all out, about Linux configuration and othe... (by acn)
by EliasM
Best IDE to be Multiplatform

Hi to the Community C++. I am creating a new 3D Engine with OpenGL and OpenCL with C++. But i have a problem because i want my engine run in Mac,Windows and ...
[3 replies] Last: That is really nice words to follow, But Eclipse also a good deal, to ... (by acn)
How to run .exe files

Hi there,i got a question that puzzled me all the time,that is,your konw,some kind of video that is make into the .exe format,so how can I play it on the linux ...
[2 replies] Last: >windows emulator >wine Wine Is Not an Emulator! (couldn't resist) (by chrisname)
initialization sequence of static objects

I want to restrict the initialization sequence of static objects. So I apply the __attribute init_priority of g++ to achieve it. I want the static object Sens...
[1 reply] : I would read the gcc/g++ documentation to find out. [edit 1] Accordin... (by chrisname)
Linux GUI Programming

Hiya there. I know some stuff about the Windows32 API, and that it's the way to make GUI's on Windows. The good thing is that I'm not interested in Windows deve...
[17 replies] Last: @acn I'll give it a try, I'm not big on knocking something til I at l... (by BHX)
Socket Programming in c

Dear friends, Pls any one could help me how to get out of this problem. my problem is I have declared global structure as struct vnc_...
[1 reply] : The receive protocol should match the send protocol. So you could rea... (by kbw)
undefined reference error in png++

Hi All, I am new to C++ on linux enviroment and am trying to use the png++ library for a project. The problem i am facing is that that a simple program i wri...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you Peter :) (by salmanmanekia)
How to implement ping program

Hi, I'm a new to Linux Network program, and now I want to implement ping in C socket based on Linux OS. When the peer side isn't open the firewall, my programe...
[1 reply] : It's not a specifically Linux problem. Why not rely on the program's ... (by kbw)
System call differences between static and dynamically linked programs

I'm working on an assignment and one of the questions has me explain the differences between straces of the same program, one dynamically linked and the other s...
[2 replies] Last: The shared library file has to be processed (opened, mapped, read, unm... (by kbw)
Clam-NetworkEditor

I've been trying to compile clam-networkeditor-1.4.0 on gentoo. When I run scons I get this error: In file included from src/widgets/generated/moc_QFirstPerson...
[no replies]
Error in opening file

I tried to open a file using the following code FILE *trans1; trans1=fopen("/proc/binder/transcation_log","r"); I am getting an error that no such file or ...
[2 replies] Last: Make sure the file is existed and you got the right for accessment. (by burstdev)
binary I/O on sockets

I'm trying to put together a small program to transfer a binary file using sockets. The problem I'm experiencing is when I try to send a buffer with a "\0" char...
[2 replies] Last: You are right -- I had used strlen to derive the length of the packet.... (by mzimmers)
3D game programming

Hi, I want to make 3D games on linux and I have decide to use OpenGL and C++. I know that OpenGL are only graphics library, so I will need at last sound and in...
[18 replies] Last: Yeah, NeHe has not been updated in a few years last I knew (outside th... (by BHX)
Game libraries

Hey all, I and some members decided to do an project in this project we have to decide on an game and then create it any way to the point i am wondering that ...
[2 replies] Last: sorry i forgot to say i need it in unix /linux and windows but i put i... (by closed account ozUkoG1T)
start using openGL and GLUT

Hello I want to start writing programs with graphics and with a little search on the web i saw that openGL and the higher level library GLUT are used the mos...
[2 replies] Last: For OpenGL , Ohh dear there is only right direction we find is, use... (by acn)
recomend IDE in linux

hi can you recommend me a c++ IDE I'm using ubuntu I used QT creator but it doesn't work net beans for java only code blocks convert the code to chines wh...
[14 replies] Last: Yes netbean is very good with C++, so try it out. that will be useful ... (by acn)
Posix File library

Hi, I am new to Linux related C++ dev. Can somebody guide me towards Posix equavilent of Windos File API. Few lines of code or some good reference would be g...
[1 reply] : http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/000095399/functions/open.html or ... (by Athar)
September 2012 Pages: 1234
  Archived months: [aug2012] [oct2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.