Windows Programming - December 2017

Lua c++ VS loading module (luasocket)

I have the issue explained here https://stackoverflow.com/questions/48035241/local-socket-requiresocket-module-socket-not-found I think Lua finds the .dll f...
[no replies]
by toxic9
Compile Github app

Hi friends. I came here trying to find anyone who can help me out compiling a small windows application from github website. The guy who posted the code, do n...
[8 replies] Last: I found the way to change the exe icon, and also the window tiltle bar... (by toxic9)
by Ganado
SEH vs SJLJ library compatibility

Am I correct in saying that if a GNU library file (libfoo.a) was compiled with a GCC compiler that used the x64 SJLJ exception model, it will not be compatible ...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks. I've been trying to (on and off for the past week, after work)... (by Ganado)
Help Beginner

</h1>Windows Programming Beginner</h1> I started learning about <windows.h> some days ago.I followed a youtube tutorial which explained how to create an empt...
[9 replies] Last: @freddie1 ...whatever that is. is a provider of state-of-the-art a... (by Thomas1965)
by Musna
I have a problem

https://pastebin.com/Jquwu593 Could you guys give a look to my code because it prints me the same word averytime and i don't understand why it does that? Thanks...
[2 replies] Last: Those kind of errors better be detected quickly as they can cause seri... (by benhart)
by ermai
What is difference between win32 API SetParent function and createwindow with passed parent hwnd paramter?

In win32 API, we can set SetParent with one parent window , and CreateWindow with an "hWndParent" parameter. What is the difference between the two functions? ...
[3 replies] Last: I think the second one is much more complex and this complexity might ... (by benhart)
How we calculate the Frame count?

see these ideology: 0 - we get the start time; //on loop: 1 - we draw the things; 2 - we count the frames; 3 - we get the new time; 4 - if it's 1 second: 1 ...
[2 replies] Last: because i'm using directx and maybe i need avoid windows messages for ... (by Cambalinho)
cinder drawing in wrong place

im using the cinder library and im trying to be able to create points with titles in certain places but there showing up top left instead of in the middle like ...
[1 reply] : i've solved my problem i had to many parentheses i made a simple mista... (by ReaperSoul)
Drawing in Dialog Box

Is it possible to draw on Dialog Box? I've tried using WM_PAINT to draw and INITDIALOG to draw and no luck. I'm trying to make a program where I can input qu...
[3 replies] Last: It's a simple mistake. You need to pass the handle of the dialog to Be... (by Thomas1965)
Use Win32_DiskDrive in Dev C++

Hello Everyone, I need to use Win32_DiskDrive to get disk info using Dev C++ 5.11, I have a done this in Delphi and it is working fine, but I need it in Dev ...
[no replies]
Please where can I find FEA Libraries native to MSVC?

Please I have searched online (google, deal.II, cmake and even the cplusplus.com forum) (and I am still searching) for information concerning libraries that sup...
[no replies]
how use IntersectRect()?

how can i use the IntersectRect() for i get the collision effect? bool Collision(RECT rect1, RECT rect2) { if (IntersectRect(NULL,&rect1, &rect2)) ...
[2 replies] Last: i miss something on 'for': RECT rectPlayer{sprPlayer.x, sprPlayer.y, ... (by Cambalinho)
by ermai
How to use win32 API in windows form

May I use win32 API in when windows form development?For the example , I tend to use FindWindow in windows form , but the compiling failed: compile ouputs N...
[2 replies] Last: This works for me: // somewhere outside the form include <windows.h>... (by Thomas1965)
Could not open SQL

Hi! I detached the database, copied its two files testbase.mdf and testbase_log.ldf Removed everything from the DATA folder that is associated with this databa...
[1 reply] : Holla! -_- Yeah .... you are extremely hard to understand __)) where ... (by gq8710)
Please Need Help in Assignment As soon As possible

Write a program that counts number of prime numbers in an Array. The program must be able to use functions, in particular, The program must use the count as re...
[1 reply] : Please do not double post. http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/22... (by AbstractionAnon)
by Ganado
Let msys2 configure find mingw gcc/g++

I have gcc.exe, g++.exe, make.exe, etc. in C:\MinGW\bin In the msys2 terminal, I can say PATH=$PATH:/c/MinGW/bin but it does not save this change after I clo...
[2 replies] Last: I guess that'll work. Will that affect compatibility with libraries th... (by Ganado)
Code Blocks 16.01: what is the compiler option for add the dll dependency?

what is the compiler options for i add the libstdc++-6.dll on exe?
[6 replies] Last: thank you so much. thanks to all and Merry Christmas (by Cambalinho)
problem with c++ function called from assembly

hello I'm new of this forum use visual c++ 2012 under windows 10. I've this error when compiling error LNK2019: _Dimensione_Variabile1@4 defined <extern "...
[no replies]
by asy
How do I solve this?

Write a complete C++ program to do the following: • Get three input from customer that identifies the type of promotion (1 or 2), type of package ( 1 or 2) a...
[1 reply] : Input from the user can be obtained by using std::cin See example in... (by Ganado)
Code Blocks 16.01: where is some header files?

i did the download of Code Blocks from their home page. and cames with mingw. but Vssym32.h isn't inclued or i miss something?
[1 reply] : i have seen that the version with compiler GCC don't have some files. ... (by Cambalinho)
December 2017 Pages: 12
  Archived months: [nov2017] [jan2018]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.