Windows Programming - March 2014 (Page 5)

by Moooce
Dialog Post draw help

Hi, can someone help point me in the right direction here? I'm trying to show a dialogbox with a message that the user should wait (works) Then when the dia...
[1 reply] : Anyone? (by Moooce)
Rotate Through Bitmaps on WM_LBUTTONDOWN

Hi, Bit of a newbie here I'm trying to change bitmaps on click of WM_LBUTTONDOWN, I've managed to get this working with the following code; case WM_LBU...
[1 reply] : Define int i as static and possibly make it 0 again if you exceed ma... (by modoran)
by pervez
Sensor data read in PC

BOOL ReadByte(BYTE *resp) { BOOL bReturn = TRUE; BYTE rx; DWORD dwBytesTransferred=0; if (ReadFile (hPort, &rx, 1, &dwBytesTransferred...
[2 replies] Last: Hello Mr kbw Thanks for your reply. cout<<dataout<<"\t"; at this poin... (by pervez)
Is it possible to change the area affect by GlutSwapBuffers?

Is it possible to change the effect area of the glutswapbuffers so i can change only a portion of the screen in my window? or there is another function do this ...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks, i will try to read through them. (by selenium)
by LB
How to add network locations?

I recently installed some VPN software to let me connect to my college's VPN so I could access the network resources, such as my personal folder. When the softw...
[14 replies] Last: Is this what you're talking about? http://i.imgur.com/oQAPZ3i.png (by LB)
find used function on another program

hi antivirus use some thing to find function on another program i want to know how it is possible ! best regard
[1 reply] : Hi, They use PE sectioning to do this, there is no ready made functio... (by closed account 13bSLyTq)
Creating another right click menu in Windows Explorer

Hello! This is my first of hopefully many posts on C++ forums, I hope to take part in the forums in the near future! Anyway, I have been designing a utility ...
[1 reply] : I found a few things on MSDN which appear to be what you are looking f... (by TwilightSpectre)
by tec23
Topmost Window

I need to make a window topmost. Even on top of full screen video games. I am making a chat box that i want to use to chat with friends even while I'm playing t...
[1 reply] : You would want to check the WM_ACTIVE message(Win32API) and always mak... (by Aceix)
by RabMac
Book Recommendation

Hi, I am currently doing a software development course and as part of the course we are learning C#. We are currently doing webforms in Visual Studio 2010 Prof...
[1 reply] : This is a pretty good list to start with: http://www.cplusplus.com/art... (by Computergeek01)
adding a path for dlls in vs

i'm writing a program with sdl and lua. i have 7 dlls and it looks messy in my root application directory. so, how would i have all my dlls in a different direc...
[5 replies] Last: thanks for the answers! (by herrybiscuit)
Unqualified id before numeric constant? *PLEASE HELP*

Okay, I have been on this for 2 days. I feel like I have scavenged the entire internet for an answer. Okay, so, the reason I put this in the Windows Programming...
[4 replies] Last: wow. r u kidding me. It was 2 letters i had to change (.rc to .h). Tha... (by AceDawg45)
Polypainting?

Hello I am a student who has been studying C++ for about 9 years (since I was ten) I work pretty hard but now I have come across a problem. I am trying to writ...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks I'll try that and let you know how it goes. But still if any he... (by CalciumZero)
debug and run just in Win32 X86

hi i use GetModuleFileName function in visual studio but this function just work in win 32 X86 i need a function like this or some how to use it in win6...
[no replies]
Help with menus?

So, I compile my code, and nothing is wrong in my resource files (.h and .rc). Here they are: resource.h #define IDR_MYMENU 101 #define IDI_MYICON 201 ...
[4 replies] Last: Oh, well, thank you, but do you know what is wrong with my resource fi... (by AceDawg45)
Wedding Reception Data Storaging

Can someone please help me with this program? I wanted to put an fstream and create an Excel file. Then I can view all of the lists at those file. I'm really ha...
[no replies]
by knn9
How do you use 32-bit toolbar icons?

According to MSDN image lists support 32-bit bitmaps and icons, and 32-bit bitmaps can be opened with LoadImage by specifying LR_CREATEDIBSECTION. However, L...
[4 replies] Last: GIMP is one of the known programs to have this issue. I had issues wit... (by S G H)
convert exe to text

hi i want to convert exe to text like when we open some exe with notepad++ i convert that but give me MZE just want to check programs inside whit my db ;)...
[3 replies] Last: a exe is binary code so you could open it in a hex or binary editor ... (by tomdacat)
restricting to specified index

I am doing project in vc++ 2005 in which i have to import excel sheet but the tool is crashing when i try to import more than 30 rows and more than 5 columns. ...
[1 reply] : That pretty much says nothing. Specifically: 1. you haven't shown the... (by kbw)
by fluppe
Multithreading, gerneral question

Hello everybody, i have a general question: If i have a process and within i create a thread, in which a function "whatever" runs ... can the function the...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks for the answer. I am sure i'll be back with some questions con... (by fluppe)
Help with C++ program

This is the program that I made #include <iostream> #include <iomanip> #include <cstdlib> #include <ctime> using namespace std...
[no replies]
March 2014 Pages: 1... 3456
  Archived months: [feb2014] [apr2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.