Windows Programming - May 2013 (Page 4)

Buttons work but don't show up until clicked on.

I'm currently making a Flash Card Program and just got to making the GUI. Most of the windows have been set up and once done I will be adding the functionality ...
[3 replies] Last: OK I feel like an idiot, a dumb mother trucker. g_CardExtraField =... (by Aquacold)
How do I return arrays in amp restricted functions?

Suppose I have a series of numbers I want to return in an amp restricted function; what is the best way of doing this? I'm not sure if I can "new" a simple arr...
[4 replies] Last: I looked on MSDN and it doesn't look like new is forbidden...but if it... (by firedraco)
Image dims using Unofficial OpenGL SDK

I am trying to get the dimensions of an image in an image set using the Unofficial OpenGL SDK, but I am doing something wrong with the GetDimensions(); call. He...
[7 replies] Last: It is a "smart pointer", for more information read here: http://www.cp... (by modoran)
Why is this global injection failing

Hi, I created a simple Proof-Of-Concept code which injects & executes a Message Box. The thing is that when I inject into all processes some crash. IS there ...
[3 replies] Last: Finished the program. It is working Great. I used a dedicated thread f... (by closed account G309216C)
Does My Graphics Card Support OpenGL 4.0?

Hello and thank you all! I'm trying to create applications using openGL 4.0, but a certain line in my code is giving me trouble: glutInitContextVersion(4, 0...
[10 replies] Last: The guide didn't make this mistake :d Most of times the OpenGL librar... (by S G H)
by kalkas
Multi-threading and Mutexes

Hi I'm programming a multi-threaded application and to make the data thread-safe I use mutexes. To maximize performance, which is more important to minimize?...
[11 replies] Last: @andywestken No, this is a mistunderstanding. I meant I had opposite i... (by kalkas)
Announcing CMake Tools for Visual Studio

I'm pleased to announce the first release candidate of CMake Tools for Visual Studio, an extension adding support for syntax highlighting and IntelliSense in CM...
[no replies]
MFC and ATL are part of WDK (in case you didn't know...)

In case you don't already know, a slightly outdated version of the Microsoft Foundation Class library (MFC) and Active Template Library (ATL) are included as pa...
[4 replies] Last: Using just a single window... Actually, replacing MainFrame and Vie... (by andywestken)
Advice needed(GUI programming)

Hi i am looking for guidance on where to start GUI programming,I have been programming for a couple of years and I know all the foundations of c++. I want to st...
[4 replies] Last: To quote Mohammad Elsheimy... Charles Petzold, u r the God of progra... (by andywestken)
No acceptable c compiler error while building freeglut-2.8.1

After doing some searching in how to getting started with opengl, i found that i probably missing some library. And so i downloaded this freeglut library from t...
[3 replies] Last: In your cygwin type PATH and print the output of that line. I think yo... (by nedo)
creating windows

Hello, I've been looking at making windows, but I don't understand it fully. Is there some tutorial on youtube / this forum ( I have searched) or yourself that ...
[8 replies] Last: There is no need to use UnregisterClass under routine circumstances. ... (by andywestken)
by jondom
How to handle the message-only window to get the messages from the console window?

Hi! I'm trying to know when a console window has been resized/maximized/minimized. So I created a new message-only window to get the messages of the console ...
[no replies]
System::IO::Ports in VC++ windows forms

I face a problem with sending/receiving data from a serial port. I have a string "Hello World". I use: //sending array<byte> ^sbyte = Encoding::ASCII->G...
[1 reply] : Anyone lend me a hand? :( (by ChongHan)
by Fyah
???

??????
[1 reply] : i wrote this code and im trying to make it say "PLEASE CHOOSE A CELL ... (by cire)
Problem with splitting a Bitmap into sections

Hi, I am trying to load a bmp image and split it into tiles that have the same dimensions. I then save these new smaller bmps to a structure that stores them...
[2 replies] Last: My fault, i called the bitblt() function incorrectly. I must have been... (by martianxx)
Need to create a bitmap filled with black

I need to create a HBITMAP that stores a bitmap where all its pixels are black. The dimensions of the desired bitmap are unknown until the user enters them. ...
[3 replies] Last: the idea was for the bmp handle to be saved to be drawn later. My co... (by andywestken)
Determining which processor a thread is currently executing on, if any

Is there a way to determine which processor a thread, which is not necessarily the current thread, is currently executing on, if any? I was only able to find ...
[no replies]
Instalation

How do I make my program installable? I mean I want to have all the files (exe file, images, dll-s) in a single file and when you open it it shows the terms ...
[2 replies] Last: What is the difference? Which one should I use? Which one do you use? (by zoran404)
by huike
Programming on a windows 8 tablet (possible?)

I'm curious if "GENIUNE" windows 8 running on windows tablets is exactly the same as the windows 8 running on desktops/laptops. Is it possible to code c++ on a ...
[1 reply] : "GENIUNE" windows 8 running on windows tablets is exactly the same ... (by andywestken)
Windows Forms - printing the textBox's content

Hi Guys. I'm writting a simple Windows Forms aplication and I have a 'textBox1' with some simple text. The task is to create a menu button which, when clicked, ...
[13 replies] Last: I've got a solution. Me and MSDN users managed to solve the problem in... (by iks2011)
May 2013 Pages: 123456... 9
  Archived months: [apr2013] [jun2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.