Windows Programming - May 2013

by ashesh
Winpcap in multi threaded program

Hi, At machine_1, I'm capturing filtered packets with destination address as machine_1. I'm also sending raw packets from machine_2 with destination set a...
[3 replies] Last: @kbw As he said he is using Multi-Threaded that means that pcap shou... (by closed account G309216C)
by CroCo
Keyboard Event?

Hello all, I want to control a slave robot by using a master robot over the Internet in C++. Everything is going well however, in case the operator wants to...
[5 replies] Last: I think you like to argue, I don't and just drop it. Any suggestions ... (by CroCo)
How to create an unclosable form?

I want to create a form that can't be closed. Obviously disabling the Control Box isn't going to be enough since you can still just use Alt+F4, Task Manager, et...
[5 replies] Last: No, problem. Thread closed. Please change the type of the thread. (by closed account G309216C)
by etrinh
Is there a way to allocate memory to a file?

Hi, Is there a way to allocate memory to a file instead of physical memory? I mean, I want to write a function "file_new" which will mimic new operator and ...
[4 replies] Last: Just a thought why allocate space cant you allocate space in memory th... (by closed account G309216C)
API: Trying to Install Libraries... (1,2,3)

Ive tried and tried and tried..... Well, I have a new idea. Are there any C++ (C++, not C++/CLI) libraries that make it easier to emplement the windows AP...
[52 replies] Last: All folders are relative to C:\\ but I it figured out painfully that i... (by DeXecipher)
SendInput() is turning off the screen?

when this code runs it will turn off my screen, like when I'm afk for a while, what can cause this error? O_o INPUT ip; ip.type = INPUT_MOUSE; ip.mi...
[no replies]
by herold
How to destribute C program to client ?

Hey everyone ....This is my first real world program.I am confused (Actually i don't know ) how to distribute my program to my client ? The program is taking te...
[3 replies] Last: It usually depends on how compiler is configured or whether you used s... (by modoran)
Visual Studio behaving Weirdly?

Hi, Currently I am using Visual Studio 2012 Ultimate. I a am working on a massive project right now, which would mean I have multiple dozens of files with ma...
[7 replies] Last: Yes, on a different computer I tried this, it works great. With the ex... (by closed account G309216C)
How to detect that file\folder is being accessed or not?

For example if anyone just visited(and not making any changes) E:\Documents how can i detect that ? i tried ReadDirectoryChanges() but it detects changes only i...
[5 replies] Last: Well, I don't know of one. If no one else responds here, and Google ... (by andywestken)
IE Injection Failure

Hi, Currently I am building a, Global Injection unit into a project I am working on and the Global Injection works on every single process which is x86 but I...
[1 reply] : UPDATE: I made a schoolboys error but, not checking the error and... (by closed account G309216C)
Boost: those darn exceptions...

for(recursive_directory_iterator end, dir(p); dir != end; ++dir) { subs.push_back(dir->path().string()); } Great, but then boost hits an exception, and j...
[11 replies] Last: no, because I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE HELL IS IN THAT FUNCTION. If I did... (by cire)
by bmw
Windows screenshot bitmap size

Ok, I am looking at this article on screenshotting: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd183402%28v=vs.85%29.aspx For the size of the bmp, they use: ...
[2 replies] Last: ahh, yep thanks (by bmw)
by kmb828
is any plugin need to beadded for using multithreading?

Hi, I was new to threading concepts. Can I know is any plugin needed to be add for using threads? I was using MS visual studio 2010.
[6 replies] Last: No problem,andy if you do have solution please tell me about it. (by closed account G309216C)
by gal066
Help !

hi, I have to play ADPCM. I need to config my sound card for that. All my tries was failed: I tried to set in the structure WAVEFORMATEX in the member w...
[3 replies] Last: The meaning is that i have to decompress the file myself ?! (Assumin... (by andywestken)
by xnajin
Check HTML code for malware before rendering

Hello friends, I'm having an idea of making a small program to check HTML code of web browsers (IE, FireFox, Chrome) before letting them rendering. The purpo...
[18 replies] Last: Hi, I do not have Face book. Feel free to Private Message me regardin... (by closed account G309216C)
Program hanging up on button click

Hello everyone, I'm trying to build a simple dialog app wherein, when a user clicks a button, the entered text is diplayed in a message box. But whenever I c...
[5 replies] Last: But your code won't compile as C due to the placement of some of your... (by modoran)
Why MFC and Why Qt?

Hi! Please include about getting a job. thanks.
[6 replies] Last: I do understand, this question has been answered but why are some of t... (by closed account G309216C)
Question about merging " Adding " another exists .exe with Project GUI C++

Hello Everyone; This is my first topic :: i'll be glad to share my experince with all of you in addition to have some of yours as well; My qustion is :: How ca...
[3 replies] Last: @Andy :: Thanks For your help; yes i know to make more than one functi... (by Zaki Al Qudah)
COM object references

My book mentions something about COM object references being naked? What does that mean? It contains nothing? Its empty? " WinRT Objects WinRT is an object-o...
[2 replies] Last: Oh ok thanks (by Anmol444)
Can I create shortcut in C++

I can't debug this code on DEV-C . Who can solve this problem ? .please help me ! #include <windows.h> #include <shlobj.h> #include <iostream> using names...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks for formatting your code. It does look like it should be more ... (by andywestken)
May 2013 Pages: 123... 9
  Archived months: [apr2013] [jun2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.