Windows Programming - November 2013 (Page 3)

by p8er
Enable/Disable Menu Item (in C++)

The advice from the C/C++ Forum was to try this one, so here we go: This topic seems to have cropped up regularly over a decade or more. I have ploughed thro...
[no replies]
Incompatible pointers

I'm getting the following error: Argument of ID3D11DeviceContext * is incompatible with the parameter of type ID3D11DeviceContext ** In this line: i...
[1 reply] : The last parameter must be of type ID3D11DeviceContext ** and you pass... (by Null)
Window->KeyDown event (holding down multiple keys)

Hey guys, I've been attempting to set up an event that checks for multiple keys pressed down at the same time within a windows 8 store app with no luck yet. ...
[3 replies] Last: Brilliant. Hadn't considered using boolean values with keyup and down ... (by Alec Yates)
Window->KeyDown event (holding down multiple keys)

Hey guys, I've been attempting to set up an event that checks for multiple keys pressed down at the same time within a windows 8 store app with no luck yet. ...
[3 replies] Last: Brilliant. Hadn't considered using boolean values with keyup and down ... (by Alec Yates)
MPI programming

Hello. I want to rrun a sample MPI program in Dev-C++. What do I need to do? Thanks in advance
[no replies]
Model: LE-100 Lift & Escalator Ride Quality Analyzer

LE-100 Lift & Escalator Ride Quality Analyzer is a special instrument to analyze the ride quality by measure the acceleration, deceleration, vibration and noise...
[no replies]
GetWindowTextW just first Character

Hey! Currently trying to read the Value / Caption from a button or Label. The only Problem: It just returns the first Character :-S Any idears to resolve? w...
[15 replies] Last: Have you updated mingw lately? I've about given up on trying to use it... (by Computergeek01)
Stream writer newline problem

I have a program where the contents of a text box are written to a text file. The text contents contain many new lines (\r\n). If I set the contents of the tex...
[2 replies] Last: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/19czdak8.aspx It looks like it... (by giblit)
POINT & RECT

Alos posted here: http://win32apiforum.com/showtopic.php?f=6&t=5238&sid=079d4c4ee29e2d991effcdc16cbcd65c I'm making my own custom framework and had problems...
[6 replies] Last: Thanks I'll try that out, though I'm already considering providing def... (by awsdert)
Starnge blue screen after I play with my touch app

Just as the title says I am having a small issue where my screen turns blue after I leave my fingers pressed on the screen for a while and my circles that are d...
[no replies]
Big size of CRITICAL_SECTION

AFAIK using of critical sections is the quickest official way to synchronize threads in application. But it has a lack: it's size. This strucrure is much bigger...
[1 reply] : The system wide sync object are manipulated using handles. That's the... (by kbw)
by swap
RS-232 Communication

Hello I have Turbo c++ installed on Windows 3.1, i am working on RS-232 port communication. Below is the sample code i have written #include <bios.h> #inc...
[1 reply] : Not that I want to encourage anyone to practice writing with libraries... (by Computergeek01)
How to delete a file open in another program thru c++???

Hi, im making a small program that deletes a file open in another program? for example: if myfile.txt is open in a text editor in read write mode, then nor...
[9 replies] Last: I think it is risky, any other way? (by WindowsProgrammer777)
How do I correctly export projects?

Firstly I'm using VSE12 just to clarify things early on. Now lets say I have a big program made of certain dll libraries (both created by me and those added by ...
[1 reply] : Bump? =( (by TheBeardedQuack)
Winsock none-blocking sockets. Not detecting if port is open or not.

So today I was a bit bored and was thinking I would have a look at the Winsock. And I made a port scanner and it works but it was so slow I try to make it faste...
[1 reply] : Solution: u_long on = 1; timeval tv = {0, 900000}; //timeout ... (by WetCode)
by varis
How to get country from

Hi! Well I need to get the country automatically from code to show in my app. Well, I found this page: http://api.hostip.info/country.php which gives to you the...
[no replies]
What to do when x86/ x64 have different structures and/or methods..

I got a question that Google have not been able to explain for me. What do you do when you need to determine what platform you application is running on. So ...
[9 replies] Last: <snip - decided my response didn't make enough sense> (by andywestken)
[WINAPI] Set Gui Background Color

Hello! I'am currently developing an lua-guiframework. It will be based on the WinApi. Creating Winodws, Buttons etc ist already done. Only problem: I want do ad...
[2 replies] Last: If you want to change the background color of an individual, generic w... (by andywestken)
Why do i get dots in path by FindNextFile() ?

Hi everyone, Im new to this forum... Can you tell me why i get dots in file paths by FindNextFile... I got the out put like this: C:\Program Files\.\...\fil...
[17 replies] Last: I am also new to this forum, nice to meet you, but I was a novice prog... (by h4cksoldi3r)
PROGRAM WITHOUT MAIN!!!

#include<stdio.h> #define hack(y,o,k,a,l,x) a##l##o##k #define begin hack(t,i,n,m,a,x) int begin() { printf(" hello "); getchar(); }
[7 replies] Last: @naraku9333 , @DTSCode You Got It Right! (by NPcomplete)
November 2013 Pages: 123456
  Archived months: [oct2013] [dec2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.