Windows Programming - November 2013 (Page 4)

CString.Format and CString.FormatMessage

Hi all, I am not asking the difference between CString's Format and FormatMessage, but we are currently trying to create rules that could detect issues i...
[1 reply] : Can anybody help me with this? (by rahulkumbhar)
Problems with Dev-C++ and MinGW

I have Dev-C++ 5.5.1 and MinGW 4.7.2 on my Windows 7 64 bit computer. I try compiling my code and it compiles but when I run it pops up the console window then ...
[13 replies] Last: Yes I have. I have tried old versions and new and made sure that C++ ... (by awebster)
How will you lock a folder using c++ without ACLS/DACLS?

Hi all, How will you lock a folder using c++ without ACLS/DACLS? You know programs like Folder lock, they dont change acls or dacls... When I tried to unlock...
[8 replies] Last: Hi, If you are making it hack-proof to a certain extenet, I suggest y... (by closed account 13bSLyTq)
by Adas
Problem with running batch wmp minimized

Hello everyone, I am making text based game with batch and I want to make background sound. So I wrote this line "start /min wmplayer.exe "%cd%\bgsound.mp3"" to...
[4 replies] Last: Hi, you could get the title of the window of wmp and get the handle o... (by WindowsProgrammer777)
Creating a True/False Test Grader

"Problem Statement Your Xenobiology professor has decided to give you a completely True/False final exam. Since she discovered you are a C++ programmer, she ha...
[1 reply] : What have you done so far? It sounds to me like you are going to want ... (by giblit)
Please I require assistance ?!?!?!?!?!? WHo can help me?

//In C++, the largest int value is 2147483647. Write a program that inputs two positive integers //of at most 100 digits and outputs the sum of the numbers. Y...
[2 replies] Last: It's gonna' be alright. Take deep breaths. (by Cabinet)
Resource Troubles.

Hey there, I've been cross referencing several textbooks to find the correct way to include resource files into my Win32 API applications. I've followed the...
[4 replies] Last: Visual Studio thinks that working directory is <project name> subfolde... (by modoran)
algorithm

hi, i want to a program that translates numbers entered to words....And vice versa. any with any idea and algorithm is highly welcomed... :)
[2 replies] Last: thanks.. (by ambrose)
error. please help. expected primary expression before int (func_call=checking(int i));

#include<iostream> using namespace std; int checking(int i) { for (i=0;i<=1000;i++) { cout<<"this is the range:"<<i<<endl; cout<<...
[3 replies] Last: thanks guys ....it worked :) (by ambrose)
IPv6 on windows?

Ok, I'm looking into socket programming on windows, and I feel that what I'm resorting to is very unorthodox. I was trying to compile functions from the socket ...
[no replies]
Not able to identify the C++ Standard library

Hi, I am trying to compile C++ code on Windows Server 2012 and Visual Studio 2010 . But it gives me the below error which is probably because the correct...
[2 replies] Last: Hi Parasin, Thank you for the reply. But, I was wondering looking at... (by AchyuthB)
by Nouf
Sorting a huge text file

Hi, I have huge text files that I would like to sort... they range from 90,000 KB and 120000 KB. I have an access to a machine with 32 GB... what would be th...
[5 replies] Last: Just as a side note, for very large files, std::vector is not the be... (by Duthomhas)
C++ with XAML for windows apps development

hello it has been an year for me to work with c++ and i have a good knowledge in c++ and c language however i want to push my limits further and wants to step f...
[1 reply] : I use Qt, but if the industry uses that, and pushes you to.... whateve... (by IWishIKnew)
Resize inner control with dialog

In mfc dialog based application i draw one graph on picture control and plot points as i needed,but problem is whenever i resize dialog that picture control rem...
[6 replies] Last: Notify property is previously set to TRUE but same thing happened the... (by venkat raghvan)
QT Creator and Boost, also Build settings

I'm having trouble modifying the build settings of QT Creator IDE. It's extremely frustrating. In Netbeans it's simple. QT doesn't seem to have a dialogue ...
[8 replies] Last: Thanks. I added some additional .dll's into the platforms subfolder: ... (by IWishIKnew)
SFML Probs

Right now I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I followed the tutorial on the website, but my program isn't working. Here is a copy of my win-32 program. }...
[8 replies] Last: i made a post about this http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/general/115732... (by Cronnoc)
by Ahsin
Add a USB Plug and Play feature inside a vc++ dll

I have designed a vc++ dll for a controller. I want to add usb plug and play feature inside the dll. I searched on line and came to know: "If the project is an...
[5 replies] Last: Hi Ashin, Use the RegisterDeviceNotification function: HDEVNOTIFY WIN... (by ElectroFuzz)
by LSD4me
Concatenating Strings

Hi all, I am trying to do the following: int main(int argc, char *argv ) { char const* compname = "ABCDEF" + getenv("COMPUTERNAME"); Some people have sugge...
[1 reply] : You cannot concatenate char arrays (also known as "C strings") like ... (by Catfish4)
Installing QT Creator: what the frak?

I'm having trouble understanding this thing. It wants to install MSVC2010, and some un-explained mingw "essential" components. I already have MinGW inst...
[4 replies] Last: Duoas, you should give it a wack, I literally got it working in 2 minu... (by IWishIKnew)
by LB
Virtual Files (1,2,3)

Let's say I have a directory which contains some real files. However, I want to also add and remove 'virtual' files, so that any program that tries to access th...
[41 replies] Last: can i ask a quick question? why do you want to do this LB? because som... (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
November 2013 Pages: 123456
  Archived months: [oct2013] [dec2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.