Beginners - April 2012 (Page 4)

Roulette Program Help - randomness, infinite loop, etc.

Hi, erm, new here. I'm writing a Roulette randomness program that simulates...well, the roulette game. However, after the "switch (play_method)" chunk, it keeps...
[4 replies] Last: Are you still coding this? Here is a Spin() method from my roulette pr... (by codekiddy)
About how long will this take to finish?

I took an online class for C++ Programming and Logic. We didn't really do anything beside answering the questions at the end of each chapter. We never really ha...
[2 replies] Last: you can try to pen it down first, look at all the identifiers and defi... (by ozone)
by myoni
how to define empty input (cin)

Hi I want to get numbers from the user till hw press enter this is my code while(value!=NULL) { cin>>value; if (value!=NULL) cout<<value<<...
[8 replies] Last: variable can't be = NULL if you do not assign NULL to variable. if you... (by Shinigami)
connecting source codes

im using dev-cpp to make a calculator. It calculates different geometricalshapes and other stuff. I want the source codes to be in a folder called src, and the ...
[4 replies] Last: Not sure where are the setting in dev-cpp, but in VS there are thing c... (by codekiddy)
Switching from > to < creates gibberish error?

Hi there, trying to do an array sort and I find that when I switch from > to < on my if statement, the program breaks and generates an error. I'm sure it's some...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks! Got it fixed. I think I had just been staring at it too long. ... (by projectfilly)
by sky91
stack_ no matching function for call to `mystery(stackType<int>&, stackType<int>&)

this is my coding: #include <iostream> #include <iomanip> #include <string> #include "myStack.h" using namespace std; template <class type> voi...
[3 replies] Last: mystery takes one template argument. There is no way the compiler can ... (by Peter87)
Some questions

hi, I'm a beginner in c++ so i apologize for my dumb questions -what is the difference between continue; and break; in a loop -what does cin.get do -what d...
[6 replies] Last: wow am flattered am also a newbie like you. but i achieved reading alo... (by ozone)
by patpat
undeclared identifier

#include <iostream> #include <iostring> #include <iomanip> using namespace std; int main() { char reply; int num1; int num2; int num3; int nu...
[3 replies] Last: what sort of compiler are you using? try using <iostream.h> as he said... (by ozone)
Help with functions and fstream

I am still rather new to C++ and am finding it hard to understand and utilize the following concepts: Questions: 1. I’m trying to call the studentInform...
[1 reply] : hi, i'm not familiar with ostream/istream, but i think i can help with... (by johnmarinelli)
Default constructor not constructing....defaultly

Hey guys! I was just wondering if anyone could take a look at this and let me know why my array (of type Car) isn't constructing with "no make", "no model", "20...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you! Got it fixed! Jade (by projectfilly)
Where should I go from here?

I am currently using codeblocks as my compiler, and I've downloaded visual c++, so I was wondering which one I should stick with if I want to start working with...
[1 reply] : Code::Blocks can be setup to actually use compiler toolchain that came... (by modoran)
For Loop Counter Going to 0

Can anyone help me with a problem? My program is as follows: #include <iostream> #include <cstdlib> char *strstr(char *s1, char *s2) { while (*...
[5 replies] Last: Your logic was indeed flawed but my code fixed your immediate problem... (by poisontree)
Ignoring random newlines while reading from a file.

I'm having trouble properly reading files while there may be random newlines in between the input file. My code looks like this, it is looped in a while(!input...
[1 reply] : seams like an issue with your outputs, could you post the part of the ... (by newbieg)
How to change a value in an array?

I am trying to change a value in my array but the below code simply will not change the value. Is there a certain way to do this? Thanks. basicinfotitle=booki...
[7 replies] Last: Thanks. What peter said worked. Can't believe I mixed that up :( (by Algar32)
New to C++, Please help

I am having alot of difficulty with my program, and no clue to where to go from here to fix it. Everything I try brings more errors. #include <iostream...
[8 replies] Last: There is a button on the right side of your text window that looks lik... (by IceThatJaw)
by JohnG
how can

;fs
[14 replies] Last: The way that was originally recommended? Replace the original file (o... (by cire)
Using a bool function to search an array

This program allows you to enter in grades and calculate an average, min, and max, using arrays. The problem I am having is that we need to use a bool function...
[9 replies] Last: In C++ booleans, zero is generally false and anything not zero is cons... (by MrHutch)
Linker errors.

Hello, i have a quite advanced project, its a wow server project. Anyways this is problems that probably have occurred to everyone: Linker errors. Im getting...
[no replies]
by ldima
Making graphics with c++

Hello,I have to make a graphic using c++.I have a function that computes some points and then i have to plot them against time in a x-y graphic.Is this possible...
[2 replies] Last: Another good library is the SFML library. It is very easy to use as we... (by strongdrink)
Grade manager program with header and class cpp (does not work)

I've been looking at this program for hours and I've had no luck solving the many problems here in. Its supposed to take each students grades from an input file...
[no replies]
April 2012 Pages: 123456... 66
  Archived months: [mar2012] [may2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.