Beginners - February 2013 (Page 4)

if/else problems. Or am I setting this up correctly?

Hi. I am having difficulty understanding exactly how my instructor wants this set up. I have my c++ book, but even with that, it's very difficult incorporatin...
[2 replies] Last: This is working solution. If you have any questions to how this works ... (by tj3434)
help with using strings and if statements

I am making a code that is supposed to find a zip code and if it is only 4 digits it means it is missing a zero in the beginning i was trying to use this for th...
[no replies]
Need help with loop in homework

Hi I have some homework that I need help in and I am completely lost. I have a homework assignment that needs to look like this: http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic...
[5 replies] Last: yeah and i dont know if you want to do this, but just so you know, you... (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
BlackJack

#include <iostream> using namespace std; int main () { char cards, repeat = 'N'; int number_of_cards; int total_card_value = 0; int card_...
[12 replies] Last: lol, thanks. You too! (: (by Lynx876)
by smg443
Seg Fault

#include <iostream> #include <fstream> using namespace std; struct NODE{ int outdeg; int *adjNodes; }; const int MAX = 20; NODE nodes ; void...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks! It worked. (by smg443)
How to properly install pthreads on Visual C++ 2010?

Hey. I recently got into multithreading and I wanted to make sure that I got my pthreads installed correctly on my Visual C++ 2010. Basically I did this: ...
[1 reply] : Don't use pthreads... use something like std::threads. pthreads is tai... (by closed account S6k9GNh0)
If, If else statement Problem

Hi I have to write a program that takes 2 inputs to indicate the amount of gas used and then calculate how much that amount of gas would cost according to the c...
[no replies]
grade calculator. need assistance.

Can someone help me revise this program? it's not working out right, it'll work the first time, but won't let me input the 2nd data set #include <iostrea...
[no replies]
My first useful program

So, I've just started programming in C++ (as probably evidenced below), this is my first useful program. It converts a user-inputted Celsius measurement into a ...
[16 replies] Last: That would be an easy fix though. I'm not trying to claim that the way... (by zqwerty70)
MPLAB

Where or what do I use to make a document that the compiler will use
[1 reply] : Be a bit more specific! Text file for the program to read from? a .cp... (by Lynx876)
by Sumeth
Trouble linking a library. Any ideas?

Hello everyone, I have been trying to get allegro 5 installed with codeblocks. I have gotten to the point where when im typing code and wanting to reference t...
[1 reply] : Have you set your linker settings to search in the path you placed the... (by ResidentBiscuit)
C++ learning curriculum

Hey. I recently started learning C++ (this website + youtube lectures...etc), I went through the tutorial on this website (thanks to whomever contributed to it!...
[5 replies] Last: My teacher offers free access to his level one class, with lectures, e... (by xanthian23)
Do you have that can help pleasee

Factoring of integers. Write a program that asks the user for an integer and then prints out all its factors. For example, when the user enters 150, the pro...
[9 replies] Last: I agree with Chervil, start simple, compile and make sure what you hav... (by SamuelAdams)
Loop math problem

Here is my code so far, i need to get the dates to go to the first of every month for 30 months and for the Amount Paid/Total Paid to keep adding up until the d...
[4 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <iomanip> #include <cs... (by JHoney21)
string conversion to vector<char>?

I need to create a function that turns a string into a vector of characters with each character holding a place in the vector. Anyone know how I can do this?
[11 replies] Last: Just an observation, why bother doing this when you can just use the s... (by jaypmueller)
by RoKr93
Trouble with Loops

I'm trying to make a constantly-updating analog clock display. Here's my code so far (excuse the messiness- I've been trying all kinds of permutations to fix th...
[10 replies] Last: At this point I'd say go for the Class technique. (by LB)
array

so my assignment is to write a code for arrays. here is what im instructed to do. Follow these steps to manipulate a one dimensional array: • Declare a b...
[2 replies] Last: cool, thank you! is everything else okay? (by closed account oj87ko23)
Card dealing program

This is my project im fairly new and found this and thought id try it, how would i go about starting this program? this is a template and i have to finish the p...
[5 replies] Last: This is part of his assignment though, so I'm guessing he is not allow... (by Lynx876)
Initialize static members in Template class

I've been trying to initialize a static variable in my template class and I can't get it to work. The closest I've gotten is that the program compiles, outputs ...
[4 replies] Last: @INeedAHero What do you mean? Where does that belong? All class m... (by vlad from moscow)
by django
Help! C++ task

Hi, am asking for help! There is a picture with result what I need: http://postimage.org/image/d8xpdxb23/ and my code: Hope you understund what I need, ...
[5 replies] Last: Now its complite.. THANK YOU GUYS :):):) #include <iostream> #incl... (by django)
February 2013 Pages: 123456... 67
  Archived months: [jan2013] [mar2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.