Beginners - February 2013 (Page 4)

Some Questions That I Have

Hello I am new to the forum and to C++ I am going to be teaching myself and hope to make some 2d gam...
[8 replies] Last: I wish you all the best. Send me a message if you ever need anything ... (by Stormhawk)
How to exit a loop when the client wants

Im new to C++ and programming in general. I want to have the user exit the menu but display the fina...
[4 replies] Last: Sorry what I wrote wasn't that clear, Here is a better example int ... (by Stormhawk)
someone help me with my case study to be submitted thos week

1st Welcome: <full name> Enter Password (1…2…3): Note: You only have 3 attempts to enter the c...
[2 replies] Last: sorry, will you please help me. :( (by barret50)
cin to uppercase

I know that this has probably already been asked. I just can't find the answer and that is why I am ...
[14 replies] Last: I was really wreaking havoc with the first for loop. Suddenly, an ah... (by ebonygeek45)
Help with hash function

The code for my hash function is below. I get an Unhandled excepation at .... Access violation read...
[1 reply] : Moving this to beginners forum so more people can see it. (by chris11757)
Need help with setprecision

//#include "stdafx.h" #include <iostream> #include <iomanip> using namespace std; int main() //int ...
[1 reply] : #include <iostream> #include <iomanip> #include <conio.h> using names... (by tj3434)
by rcast
struct object array, prog crashing

Learning struct and objects now. Why is my program crashing when I hit enter key after typing in art...
[17 replies] Last: No problem! Happy coding. (: (by Lynx876)
by RejjyL
getline gives me a empty first line

Been pullin my hair trying to figure what's causing this. Basically, got a for loop capturing user i...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks for the clarification. Understanding what each method and fun... (by RejjyL)
if/else problems. Or am I setting this up correctly?

Hi. I am having difficulty understanding exactly how my instructor wants this set up. I have my c+...
[2 replies] Last: This is working solution. If you have any questions to how this works ... (by tj3434)
help with using strings and if statements

I am making a code that is supposed to find a zip code and if it is only 4 digits it means it is mis...
[no replies]
Need help with loop in homework

Hi I have some homework that I need help in and I am completely lost. I have a homework assignment t...
[5 replies] Last: yeah and i dont know if you want to do this, but just so you know, you... (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
BlackJack

#include <iostream> using namespace std; int main () { char cards, repeat = 'N'; ...
[12 replies] Last: lol, thanks. You too! (: (by Lynx876)
by smg443
Seg Fault

#include <iostream> #include <fstream> using namespace std; struct NODE{ int outdeg; int...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks! It worked. (by smg443)
How to properly install pthreads on Visual C++ 2010?

Hey. I recently got into multithreading and I wanted to make sure that I got my pthreads installed ...
[1 reply] : Don't use pthreads... use something like std::threads. pthreads is tai... (by closed account S6k9GNh0)
If, If else statement Problem

Hi I have to write a program that takes 2 inputs to indicate the amount of gas used and then calcula...
[no replies]
grade calculator. need assistance.

Can someone help me revise this program? it's not working out right, it'll work the first time, but...
[no replies]
My first useful program

So, I've just started programming in C++ (as probably evidenced below), this is my first useful prog...
[16 replies] Last: That would be an easy fix though. I'm not trying to claim that the way... (by zqwerty70)
MPLAB

Where or what do I use to make a document that the compiler will use
[1 reply] : Be a bit more specific! Text file for the program to read from? a .cp... (by Lynx876)
by Sumeth
Trouble linking a library. Any ideas?

Hello everyone, I have been trying to get allegro 5 installed with codeblocks. I have gotten to th...
[1 reply] : Have you set your linker settings to search in the path you placed the... (by ResidentBiscuit)
C++ learning curriculum

Hey. I recently started learning C++ (this website + youtube lectures...etc), I went through the tut...
[5 replies] Last: My teacher offers free access to his level one class, with lectures, e... (by xanthian23)
February 2013 Pages: 123456... 67
  Archived months: [jan2013] [mar2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.