Beginners - July 2012 (Page 49)

Large file and float arrays - Stack overflow problem

Hi folks, I am quite new in C++. I need to read a large file (a 5 column float array with ~500,000 lines) and further use this array along my code in ord...
[17 replies] Last: There are two considerations, I think. One is searching by point name,... (by TheIdeasMan)
by rkk94
creating interface

Hello, i have covered most of the basics(conditionals, loops, functions, classes, arrays...), and solved a few problems from project euler, but before moving ...
[5 replies] Last: I have read about gtkmm and Qt. And Qt have a lot books about it, but ... (by Shinigami)
by dubleD
Xcode (C++) commands into terminal

Sorry, this is a repost, but I couldn't state what I needed all that clearly so I'm going to try again, any help would be greatly appreciated! So Xcode compi...
[2 replies] Last: Why I think it might! I can't try it until later but I really apprecia... (by dubleD)
Extracting RGB info from a jpeg

Hello, I'm a C++ beginner stuck on something I think may be easy. I'm trying to write a program that uses a button to open a folder, displays the files inside ...
[5 replies] Last: And I'm going to suggest opencv #include <opencv2/opencv.hpp> #includ... (by ne555)
Storing GetCh using a pointer

I'm just learning how to use GetCh(). I have the GetCh() call inside a do...while loop and I think I'm having a problem where sometimes the program is not waiti...
[5 replies] Last: I've been doing a bit more testing and now I am definitely getting occ... (by korshyadoo)
by khulme
pointers and reference variables

i am mixing up my reference and pointer variables. need a bit of guidance. i am trying to return a value by reference from a function. // #include "std...
[4 replies] Last: ok. i got it i think. this one compiles and runs. // #include "std... (by khulme)
Improving Collision System

Right now i am checking for collisions with this: bool checkCollision(float Ax, float Ay, float Aw, float Ah, float Bx, float By, float Bw, float Bh) { i...
[8 replies] Last: I used SFML to make a breakout clone too. For collision I used screen... (by Texan40)
What does exactly happen when you insert wrong type input?

Hello, I've been wondering. I'd like to understand how inputs are handled. Let's say I want receive an integer. we have int age; I want user to ...
[8 replies] Last: I do think the atoi version is more valuable to learn [...] there wil... (by Cubbi)
begginger function help

Hello guys. So I'mm having a little trouble. I was given code (which I will post below) that was given to me. My assignment was to turn the code in the main bod...
[2 replies] Last: making global variables for this is okay? because I was always taught ... (by atown282)
What is it coded in?

I know this probably isn't the best place to ask this but i can't find it on google. I am trying to decide if i should start with c++ or python. I was wondering...
[11 replies] Last: Thanks for the help (by corey mason)
Dragon Lord Game (Lesson-C++ programming)

Greetings, I've looked for a site the published might like people to go to with questions. Unfortunately I can't find one so I'd like to ask here. I'm revi...
[2 replies] Last: Why does he have a class for every type of dragon, if they're the same... (by ResidentBiscuit)
why wont this compile?!!!

It runs fine on IDEONE, but I'm getting errors when I compile it with Visual Studio. Why is this? #include "StdAfx.h" #include <iostream> #include <strin...
[9 replies] Last: for(int i = 0; str != '\0'; ++i) // line 11 in your program for (in... (by Phil123)
by Nelvin
problem, uninitialized local variable

i had my practical test for C++ and i have no idea why i cant go to "else if('E') and also for else if 'n' condition and there is a warning sign there said unin...
[5 replies] Last: oh, now i get it, sry because im still new to C++ lol (by Nelvin)
pointer average program

I have to build a program using nothing but pointers to calculate the average of a random set of numbers inputted by the user. The pointers must be passed by re...
[6 replies] Last: Gotcha, thank you for clearing that up for me. I appreciate it. (by dannytimpone)
c++ arrays help

hi guys i have written a code to compare the rainfall of last and current year and find the difference. can someone please tell me where is if any mistake. //T...
[4 replies] Last: thanks guys appreciate it (by kalicha)
by KYTY
Problem with Function/Arrays

So, I have to take the user input of 10 numbers, put them into an array, compute the max/min/sum/average of the array, and then use a void function called Outpu...
[2 replies] Last: Cool - I had written something similar to the second one while waiting... (by KYTY)
by skarla
rpg

#include<iostream> #include<cstdlib> using namespace std; int chars ={}; class character { private: int m_friends; int m_enemies; ...
[3 replies] Last: Gaminic made the point here. It seems you are using c++ without the pr... (by tath)
Looking for DirectX tutorial

I have found some tutorials on the subject, but for some reason, unlike language tutorials, they are hard to comprehend and generally "outdated" (for example, u...
[1 reply] : http://www.directxtutorial.com/ Keeps up to date, though you do have ... (by ResidentBiscuit)
overriding constant char pointer.

Here is a sample program to remove trailing spaces.When i try to place '\0' after '.' , it gives an error saying cannot overwrite the memory location. I'm usin...
[5 replies] Last: There is a difference between character string literals in C++ and in ... (by vlad from moscow)
a question about vector

I have a pointer pointed to a vector, which contain all the infomation and an "index array". I want to filter the information according to the "index array"...
[1 reply] : how do you want to filter? It's better to have a const reference to a... (by coder777)
July 2012 Pages: 1... 4748495051... 54
  Archived months: [jun2012] [aug2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.