Beginners - September 2012 (Page 5)

compiler help

guide me where can I get MinGW developer studio ide and suggest other ides to start with
[1 reply] : don't know about the MinGW IDE, never heard of it by the way. But you ... (by techieboy)
Help making random string

Hi I'm trying to make a random string of numbers, and then replace those numbers with the letters R, G, Y, and B to make a Simon Says program. I'm having a lot ...
[no replies]
Prime number

We have to write a loop statement to find the absolute value of a number and then find out if it is prime or not. I am not sure what I am doing wrong but it onl...
[2 replies] Last: Also, the loop includes prime in its bounds, so as well as checking ( ... (by JellyFox)
how do i move on to the graphical applications after learning a lot of basics in c++?

finished reading a book teaching some basics in c++.but all i can do for now is writing a console application. are there good books or maybe online tutorials t...
[4 replies] Last: thank you! (by Yangfizz)
by clodi
(simple) motion of a projectile

Hello guys, I have been staring at this piece of code (the complete program) trying to figure out why it's not working! It gives a (very) funny output. why?? it...
[4 replies] Last: OMG, I love you. Yes you are perfectly right. And now everything work... (by clodi)
C++ HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay my code is below, and I was wondering how to let the user type in an output file name instead of it sending to one I made. In other words I created a file ...
[9 replies] Last: Does no one know how to ask the user for an output file, and then it b... (by amthompson4)
writing in a "txt" file

hello i need some help plzz i have a file named "names.txt" which contains the names : "james mike jane terry jake " and when i try to overwr...
[1 reply] : When you open the file you probably used fopen( "names.txt", "w" ); ,... (by Duthomhas)
Please help Im a noob

I'm having problems with C++ my first program. When ever i type a program in i get a fatal error when i click the play button thing. This is what i type. // Ga...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks (by kevindav1)
Very simple question

int a ; Now what will &a return?
[7 replies] Last: &a has type int ( * ) a in expressions has type int * ... (by vlad from moscow)
by codder
Template problem

============================= A.h ============================= class B; template <typename T> class A { public: A() {} A(T a){} A(const B& b...
[2 replies] Last: iA obj1? Where to put it? I can't understand :( (by codder)
by MW130
I am tearing my hair out over SDL installation

I am so frustrated. I have seriously been trying to install sdl onto xcode for over a week. I thought I did it, and ordered a 30 dollar book to learn more, but...
[11 replies] Last: Did you followed the tutorial about setting up extension libraries? ht... (by Peter87)
by jamesl
problems with a cosine estimation

The problem is to create a program that estimates the value of cosine using the taylor series to ten terms, WITHOUT using the pow function. The taylor series lo...
[3 replies] Last: We've dealt with Liebniz's methed. You need to search the forum. (by kbw)
by Aceix
right in iomanip misfunctions

I've always tried using right in manipulating the ostream object cout, but it has never worked in my whole life! Even on the most basic Hello world programme? ...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you very much it WORKS! #include <iostream> #include <iomanip>... (by Aceix)
by Aceix
difference between a flag and a parameter

Please answer the topic, n into detaiils if you can............zzzzzzzz........
[2 replies] Last: Thanks! (by Aceix)
Going from using global variables to using references instead. Proofread, please?

This is what my program looks like using global variables: #include <iostream> using namespace std; void SetupConsole(void); void GetUserInformation(void); ...
[5 replies] Last: For more info: This is what C++ is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impe... (by Mathhead200)
Using fstream inside a class and calling from/to main

Hi all, Iam trying to create a class,say, "example" and some function in it. the goal of the program is to read a array from a file and output the array elemen...
[8 replies] Last: oh ok. I understood little bit (because im a just a beginner). I try ... (by vichu8888)
If statement problem

hi, my code skeleton is like this: if ( cin.fail() ) {............} else { bool input_is_good =true; } if (input_is_good) {.....................} ...
[2 replies] Last: u only use qoutes in languages like shell and maybe batch (by Aramil of Elixia)
Understanding Functions

Hey there fellow coders, I'm having a little bit of a hard time understanding functions. What is a function prototype? What is an example? Hell I just need some...
[5 replies] Last: A function is basically like a program inside of a program.. you take... (by Steven Menzies)
by shaggy
When to use classes?

Hey everyone, I have been learning c++ for around 1 year, but i am still not very good. I programming in an object oriented manner, but would just like some adv...
[8 replies] Last: Thanks alot man, you've been a great help. Thanks for replying. I'll j... (by shaggy)
Replacing an integer in a 2D array with -1

It should print out a 20x20 array and then replace the numbers evenly divisible by 3 with a -1, it isn't. what am I doing wrong? #include <iostream> #...
[1 reply] : You are not checking if the position in the array is equal to %3 ==0, ... (by pogrady)
September 2012 Pages: 1... 34567... 62
  Archived months: [aug2012] [oct2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.