General C++ Programming - April 2013 (Page 48)

probably a simple error

I am trying to write a program that creates a hybrid image I've hit a roadblock early on my code throws up an unhandeled exception I cant find where it goes wro...
[5 replies] Last: I found where the problem occurs line 29 and line 34 cv::imshow ("Ima... (by jax666999)
C++ gaming CV

I got a possibility for internship with a foreign company, but want a remarkable CV. Anyone of you got any links of any CV or ideas? The main topic is for game ...
[1 reply] : Sorry, can you be clearer on what it is you're actually looking for? ... (by MikeyBoy)
by xsesx
Average and Percentage Issues

In this program, I have to display the information given(this part of my code works fine), find the average income and display the household ID Numbers that exc...
[3 replies] Last: That does seem to allow it to compile. Yes, but it is really doing ... (by MikeyBoy)
by LB
Taking address of operator functions

Why can't I take the address of operators for primitives? #include <iostream> #include <string> int main() { { std::string (&plus)(std::string con...
[2 replies] Last: Actually operator+ is one of the operators that may be declared in the... (by LB)
attraction between objects

i am relatively new to c++, and am trying to make it so particles will gravitationally attract to the mouse pointer. i have gotten all the bugs that the compile...
[6 replies] Last: i changed the xvel and yvel variables to floats as well, the particles... (by tatsu0616)
by zoori
array

Hello, I have a file with numbers and want to display it on the screen. Any help related to this issue would be very appreciated, thank you very much! :)
[15 replies] Last: This is not your original question, please create a separate topic for... (by LB)
ofstream in calling function

Hi, I am trying to use ofstream to write in a txt file in a function called recurrently. for a simplified example: void func_write(double x) { ofstream ...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks! :) (by dekeenfrance)
by Nobun
Operator Overloading in a correct way. How?

Well... I observed, as a non-professional programmer that "overloading operators" has some strict rules and some conventions... so any operator can differ from ...
[19 replies] Last: Another link to information. The overloading conventions are specific... (by kempofighter)
Custom Linked List Sort Method

Hi I am making a custom linked list (for fun!) and want to implement a sort method that sorts the stored data using the stored types > and < operators (will req...
[2 replies] Last: I wrote this code a few weeks ago. Looks like I am ahead of myself. Th... (by martianxx)
How to verify if a string equals a certain word

Hi there, I want to see if the value of a string equals a certain text. But I can't make it. There are two problems : 1) It seems 'tolower' doesn't work wit...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you both! This helps a lot. (by Anthony973)
A pointer to an array: int* p=arr; vs. int (*p2)[10] = &arr; ?

Hello, int arr ; int* p = arr; int (*p2) = &arr; So, pointer p is a pointer to an array, I can use it to access elements of arr as in *(p+5). ...
[9 replies] Last: Neither of those explains whether the pointer to the array can be incr... (by LB)
by adrem7
Debugging Seg Fault (GMP lib)

I have a piece of code about 600 lines long which currently doesn't run due to seg fault. I have run gdb but it isn't relly helping me as I don't know what I a...
[13 replies] Last: For completion, the issue was that the random number generator needs t... (by adrem7)
Access private member variable

I've created a class called Voter with a private member variable ID , also I have a variable in my main function to be ID as well. I'm trying to compare th...
[3 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <string> struct Voter { Voter(std::... (by LB)
by xsesx
Structs and Incrementing Ouput

How would I be able to have this display the rest of the households without having to have 13 separate cout lines(one for each household)? In other words, how c...
[3 replies] Last: Gotcha thank you guys! (by xsesx)
Binary Search Tree Delete

This is the delete function of binary search tree. However it won't enter the if-else statement that checks whether the node to be deleted is the left child or ...
[2 replies] Last: Please enclose your code in code tags, to make it easier to read. (by MikeyBoy)
Programmers from Sheffield, England (preferably teen)

May seem like a peculiar ask but I'm working on a large project (learning as i go) and I wanted somebody who'd like to be involved, not a pro at all, same crapp...
[5 replies] Last: Well although still no replies of interest, I say thanks to @Framewor... (by TheBeardedQuack)
Classes

Hi, my assignment is asking me to include accessor functions that returns the values stored in each of an object of class Voter’s member variables respectivel...
[1 reply] : You'll need return types, just like in regular functions. The exceptio... (by Bourgond Aries)
by kohlh
strings as arguments in functions

I am getting this error when I create a function that attempts to use a string as an argument list than cout that string. this particular function is designed ...
[5 replies] Last: If you do this: char x = 'y' ; if ( x != ('y') || ('Y') ) ... (by cire)
need help

hey , my existing code is making database connectivity with oci library ,but know we want to make the database connection using odbc on solaris/linux. A code m...
[no replies]
recursion problem

how do function count factorials in this programme?? #include<iostream> #include<conio.h> using namespace std; void main(){ unsigned int factorial(unsigned...
[7 replies] Last: Thank you so much! :) :) (by tharindu11)
April 2013 Pages: 1... 4647484950... 53
  Archived months: [mar2013] [may2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.