General C++ Programming - January 2013 (Page 5)

2D Sprite Shakes while being followed by camera

I'm making my view follow around my players ship, so it is always in the center, however at any angl...
[3 replies] Last: np (by Disch)
Error in Prime Numbers Program

Here is what I have: #include <iostream> #include <cmath> using std::cout; using std::endl; ...
[1 reply] : have you googled before posting? # include <cmath> // This libra... (by joneele)
checker program error

my checker program can work fine on some place without the checker blocked or on the corner but it h...
[5 replies] Last: switch(way) { case 1: if((board[x-1][y+1]=='b' || board[x-1][... (by TheIdeasMan)
Help with adjacent_find()

I need a simple adjacent_find() to find the adjacent same letter in a randomly generated string
[1 reply] : Is this simple enough? #include <iostream> #include <string> #includ... (by Cubbi)
Passwrd

i want to add a prompt at the start of my program which ask a user to enter its password wat will b...
[3 replies] Last: as pass and num are pointers, if (pass==num) checks if they both poi... (by theranga)
Tree Control Help needed

How do I add files to a tree control. I have all the directory and sub directorys ..need the files t...
[1 reply] : anyone ? (by terryeverlast)
How do you store the entire content of a file in a variable?

I would like to store the entire content of a file in a single c-string variable or in a standard st...
[4 replies] Last: Yes Cubbi. That seems to be exactly what I need. Now to understand t... (by rjschilling)
by Balrog
OpenGL Window and Texture Errors (SOIL)

I've been getting a really strange bug in my project ever since I ported it from XP to 7. What happe...
[no replies]
by mobat
Am I writing my code efficiently?

I started writing a base to a text base adventure game and I was wondering since I am pretty far in ...
[5 replies] Last: If you have a few bucks left buy "Design Patterns" by the Gang of Four... (by closed account D4S8vCM9)
it is not working on windows. i am unable to find the error!!

#include <iostream> using namespace std; class ratio{ public: ratio(int n=0, int d=...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks a lot !! (by newbie456)
template function parsing - what's going on here?

template< typename TYPE > void Foo( const TYPE & foo ) {} int main ( void ) { const int* ...
[6 replies] Last: [quote=caibber]Templates aren't as powerful as I have been led to beli... (by closed account o1vk4iN6)
by rpod83
Weird memory problem, accessing certain data corrupts other data.

I am having a problem where within a heap-allocated object, a function is called that does some manu...
[1 reply] : > what kind of thing might create this problem. accessing out of boun... (by ne555)
Writing to File Problem? [Noob Here]

Hi guys, I started learn c++ about 2 or 3 days ago. I'm getting the hang of the easy console stuff. ...
[9 replies] Last: @ModernBacon Ignore joneele. He doesn't know what he's talking about ... (by joneele)
Search for User Control

I am in need of a "Virtual Joystick" user interface control for Visual C++ under Visual Studio. Has...
[no replies]
Small bug in code

hello all, I believe there is a small bug in my code because of this the segA and segB sizes when...
[no replies]
by Musi
Finite State Machine/ State Pattern

I've been trying to make my first game but I'm having trouble just setting up the basic game states....
[4 replies] Last: considergoogleing scene graph. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scene_gra... (by pogrady)
Hangman

I'm a beginner in programming, just started to work in some projects and one of them is a "CANT WIN ...
[3 replies] Last: Better to create public GallowsPole::draw() method which will call dr... (by MiiNiPaa)
Calculate the start of a row in VGA VRAM?

How do I calculate the start of a row (e.g. row #0, #1 etc.) in the VGA's VRAM? (On a planar level) ...
[no replies]
c++ program which adds text onto an image

Hello I want to create a program using c++ which will accept text from the user and then adds it ...
[1 reply] : For that stuff, I am using QT Framework. Never worked with other libra... (by geforcefan)
Allocation/Deallocation problems

Hallo Guys, Since days, I am trying to figure out my "allocation/deallocation" problem. Its simpl...
[10 replies] Last: Thank you for your link. I am at the work at the moment, I will try i... (by geforcefan)
January 2013 Pages: 1... 34567... 36
  Archived months: [dec2012] [feb2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.