General C++ Programming - January 2013 (Page 6)

Question about pure virtual functions (abstract classes)

Hey, Im still trying to figure out when I should use pure virtual functions. On the one hand, "TOY" for example should be an abstract class since theres no su...
[4 replies] Last: Yes, and this is the start of your interface to your Toy classes. As I... (by TheIdeasMan)
String issues

Ok, I'm having a few problems with strings, mostly string functions saying they're not able to compare a string with a char pointer. int main() { int counter...
[2 replies] Last: new flight <flightnumber> <seats available> example new flight 207 64 ... (by joneele)
12 month interest summary

I am trying to print out a report for a 12 month interest summary. So far, I cannot seem to get the ending balance for the previous month to be the starting bal...
[no replies]
by gtm
game design, framerate architecture.. (1,2)

So I've been mulling this around my head lately and a post earlier got me thinking further. I had planned to have an infinite loop in main() which contains a...
[34 replies] Last: I think you are confusing the concept of a header file's "include guar... (by Ogoyant)
by ngrv
Friend class usage

Hey Guys, Can you please tell me how common is the usage of friend class in C++, particularly in finance industry? I am learning C++ and want to avoid on ...
[3 replies] Last: Finance is large. The people who program order management systems, gua... (by Cubbi)
by ajh32
Re: please I need help with...

Why is it that we get so many people on here with pleas for help with their homework assignments? When I used to get homework/assignments, it was always based ...
[2 replies] Last: I am with ajh32, you learn much more from trial and error that by some... (by Script Coder)
by ngrv
Design Patterns

Hey Guys, I have learnt C++ and understand what design pattern means. Basically they are nothing but just tricks to solve a known problem. I now want to f...
[1 reply] : Forget the patterns, just do it; and improve your design on each itera... (by kbw)
Help with time function in c++!!!!!!!!

#include<iostream.h> #include<conio.h> #include<stdio.h> #include<windows.h> #include<stdlib.h> #define SIZE 100 /*int compare (const void *elem1, cons...
[1 reply] : This code : n1=rand()%111; //generate numbers between 0 and 50 gener... (by Smac89)
by arms4
fix my array error!!

instead of showing the array number designated my output all became N=0 and i declared N=0 because would get the error'without initialization' if didn't do so. ...
[5 replies] Last: nvm..... i realize my own mistake..... my mindset thought programming ... (by arms4)
by Skynet
Stuck in an infinite loop

I have a new problem. For some reason, my code gets stuck in an infinite loop here on pop which I temp made as a transverse function to ensure my stack is worki...
[5 replies] Last: Now I see how you did it and I see why it happened the way it happened... (by Skynet)
Need code, will pay $ !

Hello, I need two codes which would work on XP/Vista/7 1. code runs http://example.com 2. code pushes ctrl+alt+z combination I need them asap, can pay...
[no replies]
by RichMo
GDI+ Rotate rectangle about its center

Hi, I'm trying to simply rotate a shape about its centre or a specific point but I can not seem to get the right result. My code is below... Graphics g(...
[2 replies] Last: Yes, sorry, typo. I think I sorted it now. SolidBrush brush(Color(200... (by RichMo)
Problem with strcmp

Hey, i have a little problem .. when the input == nop is comes a error on my screen and it returns with Process exited with return value 3221225477 can a...
[2 replies] Last: thx (by iandroid)
find the prime numbers between two values

i did a code that determine if the number is prime or not, and i have to do a one that finding the prime numbers between two variables . the first code: #...
[4 replies] Last: #include<iostream> int main() { using namespace std ; int m... (by JLBorges)
Variable being used without being initialized

#include<iostream> #include<iomanip> #include<fstream> #include<string> #include<cmath> using namespace std; int studentdetails_mean(); double standar...
[11 replies] Last: tq very much for the help... now my standard deviation code is not w... (by ajh32)
Simple program

Hey guys, I am very new at c++ programing and I need a simple program, maybe you have the code I need: "My.exe" program opens C:\iexplore.exe every 3 minu...
[3 replies] Last: Give up kid (by gtm)
by xzbit
mix c++ and assembly

in masm i can do this push 0 push offset title push offset msg push 0 call MessageBoxA in mixing c++ and assembly i cant char msg = "Hello Worl...
[5 replies] Last: Read about which assembly dialect does your compiler support. (by MiiNiPaa)
by Skynet
Having trouble with linked lists

Hi, I'm fairly new to C++ and wanted to know if you all could help me with something here. I have this bit of code that I'm certain works but there is a problem...
[17 replies] Last: Cool, I have actually made progress since then but now I have a new pr... (by Skynet)
Simple buoyancy program (errors?)

There are errors on lines 25,26, and 39. Could someone please help? Thanks! :) btw, this is not the formatting I have (i.e. it's not all aligned on the left)....
[4 replies] Last: Try } while ((strcmp("y",answer.c_str())==0) || (strcmp("Y",answer.c_s... (by gamemanj)
Pausing the loop till keypress

Are there anyways to pause the loop until either LCONTROL or RCONTROL is pressed? Are there alternatives to stopping LCONTROL and RCONTROL increasing or decr...
[6 replies] Last: Thanks. Will give it a try to understand, thanks for the help! (by MewEight)
January 2013 Pages: 1... 45678... 36
  Archived months: [dec2012] [feb2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.