General C++ Programming - July 2013 (Page 28)

by Niven
.obj Loader

I'm trying to create a simple .obj loader but whenever I use it, the model displayed has it's texture messed up. I've loaded the same file using a loader create...
[6 replies] Last: I've looked at that function and tested it (it works perfectly) but ca... (by Niven)
Confusion Regarding the Behavior of get() Function

#include <sstream> #include <iostream> int main() { std::istringstream s1("Hello, world."); char c1 = s1.get(); // reads 'H' std::cout << "...
[5 replies] Last: Its a base class for builing a stream... ie its not like cin or an obj... (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
I need someone to fix this please!

I am making a menu but whenever I press a number and press enter to open the like "Start Game" is says whats in the start game section but it displays another m...
[11 replies] Last: @audioace: Using system() is not considered good. Check that out her... (by ChosenTorture)
Game class hierarchy, multiple inheritence?

I'm at a stand still in my game until I really get my design figured out better. I've been making diagrams of "is a" and "has a" relationships and so forth. I...
[no replies]
Touch Screen

I have been programming not to long, and I make my codes on Microsoft Visual Studio 2010, and I have been wondering I am working on a 2d shooter game for ios an...
[1 reply] : There probably an api or something (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
Writing/Reading String Objects To/From Files

Hi Folks, I am using the code below to write a single instance of object "Employee" to a file in Binary mode. The write part seems to work fine, however when I...
[3 replies] Last: You need to read up about object serialization . Serialization http:... (by andywestken)
Online Multiplayer

I am making a 2d shooter game that will have Online Multiplayer for ios and I want the online hook up with Game Center on apple devices, can someone give me a c...
[1 reply] : I can program it, but it is a huge time consuming program. (by audioace)
How do you write POWER function?

I just want to see yours to see how stupid my design is :D below is the example ???? power(??????????) { ???????????????; } int main() { cout << power(...
[4 replies] Last: I normally just use the power function included in the math.h header f... (by Niven)
[Challenge]

Here are the problems that were given at the ACM ICPC international contest. If anyone feels like, I suggest tring solving these. The problems are awesome :) ...
[2 replies] Last: Glad to see that people are still interested in solving this kind of p... (by jumper007)
Can someone please help

Here maybe this will help if we can fill it in please I would be greatly appreciated. Public Class Form1 Private Sub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As Syste...
[7 replies] Last: Here maybe this will help if we can fill it in please I would be great... (by Dark3nd)
ID -ing system

I read some articles about decoupling and found that ID -ing is the best way to prevent coupling so it's something like this namespace system_one { ...
[no replies]
by tooota
simulation using c++

Hi all , this is my first post , and i want to know how to start simulation using c++ , i have no background in simulation ,if there is any books tutorials ,any...
[6 replies] Last: first thanks to all, second : my idea is to build e-commerce education... (by tooota)
not working right!!!

There's something wrong with my program and i am failing to find what it is. apparently the second function is not working. Thanks. #include<iostream> #in...
[7 replies] Last: > MSVC++ generates an error by default for functions that can be prove... (by JLBorges)
undeclared here (not in a function)

Dear Boardsters, I've installed a Matrox Parhelia PCIx 256 into a PCIX slot in an HP DL580 G4. (PCIX video cards seem to bee like rocking horse poo these days...
[2 replies] Last: That doesn't make those problems any less real or the solutions any l... (by peterlowrie)
Convert a binary number into a decimal number

Here's the part of the codes where I tried to use boolean expression: #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { int num; cout << "8-bit B...
[5 replies] Last: Can you convert from base 2 to base 10 manually? If not each column st... (by buffbill)
by meesa
[C++] Using seekp to overwrite binary data?

I need to write copies of a structure to a file. struct Book{ string bookTitle; string ISBN; string author; string publisher; str...
[2 replies] Last: That's what I was guessing, that the strings would mess things up. Tha... (by meesa)
by Ciu
I have a problem with threads.

I have recently compiled and runned code which was an example of multithreading. Code: #include <string> #include <iostream> #include <thread> using names...
[1 reply] : http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8649828/what-is-wrong-with-this-use... (by ne555)
by ragmop
Using auto

The included code does not compile on my 12-11 Codebooks. What's wrong? #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { auto Flag = true; auto...
[7 replies] Last: I have been away from my lessons for a few days and now when I run the... (by ragmop)
how to hide console or terminal (1,2)

hi there , I want to hide a terminal appliction or console application without using WinAPI programming or <windows.h> or something like "ShowWindow(hwnd_win,...
[29 replies] Last: using functions without knowing them clearly, brings to me very very ... (by Disch)
Entry point not found

I have two SFML projects. Both of them compile just fine using Code::Blocks. Running the .exe of the first project is just fine, but I'm getting... "The proc...
[no replies]
July 2013 Pages: 1... 2627282930... 34
  Archived months: [jun2013] [aug2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.