General C++ Programming - July 2013 (Page 30)

by Rikkin
Read a file and put in a array[][]

Hi guys, I need to do a program that reads a file, that contains something like this: 8 2 3 4 2 5 6 1 3 4 3 1 4 6 7 7 2 4 1 3 3 2 1 6 8 and put in a...
[2 replies] Last: Your conversion is bad in line 39. line is not numeric type. Use atoi... (by ats15)
Just check to make sure

5. Mary Conrad wants a program that allows her to save each letter of the alphabet and an associated word starting with the same letter of the alphabet on each ...
[4 replies] Last: As you're saving to file, I'm not sure why you're calling your file st... (by cire)
Can someone review my master program?

Here is the code for my master program. Please tell me what you think so I can make improvements. #include <stdio.h> #include <conio.h> #include <io...
[14 replies] Last: Any more ideas? I did post the whole code though. I am not done with i... (by Superdude)
by Niven
Glew won't initialize

I'm trying to make a simple opengl program. I've just started it but am already running into a problem. The code compiles and runs but glew keeps failing to ini...
[1 reply] : Just curious, if I want to make my own classes for my shaders (matrici... (by Niven)
Large Matrix Operation

I am having a problem on how will I create a large matrix to be solved using numerical methods. Say I have a 500 x 500 matrix and want to find these 500 equatio...
[2 replies] Last: I do not know how to insert L1, L2 and L-infinity as an exit criterion... (by Smith010691)
OpenGL crosshair, 3rd person, and laser beam

Hello. I'm at the point in a game I'm developing where I am ready to implement crosshairs and laser weapons in 3rd person. I've been thinking about it for...
[2 replies] Last: Or if you want it to get in just the general direction... you could c... (by htirwin)
by meesa
[C++] How to tell function which part of struct to use (1,2)

As an explanation, I'll use a very simple example. Say I have a structure defined as such: struct data{ char c; int x; }; And I want to crea...
[21 replies] Last: In any case I think it's quite an elegant solution to a rather inelega... (by Lachlan Easton)
SNAKE PROGRAM HOW CAN I MAKE GLOBAL VARIABLE .. PRIVATE??????

//******************************* //THIS IS THE HEADER FILE #include <iostream> #include <ctime> //snake base struct struct tagSnakeBody{ COORD snakePart...
[3 replies] Last: Yea, I'd be cool if you used code tags. It's even worse when the answ... (by closed account N36fSL3A)
C++ noob

ok so i am a complete noob to c++ and programing in general, but what i am good at is artwork. So i was wondering is it possible for me to use c++ to make a gam...
[9 replies] Last: The problem with many first time game programmers is that they think e... (by closed account N36fSL3A)
by xismn
sin() - unexpected results?

Hey, I'm working on a project where I'll be writing many PCM .wav files. Each .wav file is of a sine wave with varying frequency. I'm using the sin() functi...
[5 replies] Last: Disch is right. sin & cos will take any real value & produce a resu... (by TheIdeasMan)
Finding the Median

I am trying to find the median of an array in c++. Can anyone help? This is the array that I would like to find the median for. scores = {62,70,98,71,8...
[5 replies] Last: the median is the numerical value separating the higher half of a dat... (by JLBorges)
will i keep my programs?

I went on Code::Blocks and it said I need to re- install it for it to work because something got messed up. I have no problem re-installing it, but the only thi...
[1 reply] : You shouldn't lose them; but play safe. If your programs are in a subd... (by JLBorges)
Overloading operators

I am reading book c++ for 21 day by jesse liberty and I didn't understand overloading operators especially I am confused for overloading operator . can someone ...
[5 replies] Last: Thank you very much! (by Kristiano 96)
Loan related C++ help needed.

I was given a sample program to calculate Total Repayment. Which is as follow: #include <math.h> #include <stdio.h> int loan( double n , double m , double...
[1 reply] : http://easycalculation.com/mortgage/loan-payment-amount.php You can us... (by ats15)
maintain size of pointer in 32bit to 64 bit machine

I have very legacy code which migrate from 32 bit machine to 64 bit machine.During my analysis we do lot of calculation on the bit basis.So it might be issue fo...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks for reply and share useful link (by agoswami)
Question about short-circuit evaluation in C++

Consider the following line of code. if ( a || b || c ) //other bits don't matter My question is, if a is true, would the compiler evaluate the value of b...
[4 replies] Last: > does the compiler know in advance that there's only logical ORs in t... (by JLBorges)
I have this problem about queues. :(

So this is my problem. Given an array of characters of specified size, store a string into the array and display in loop the output after executing the comma...
[2 replies] Last: assuming that you are supposed to be implementing the queue, i think t... (by Jaybob66)
return matrix in function

Dear all, I have found a lot of solutions using Google but no solution did work. Could you please tell me how we can return a 3x3 matrix in c++ function. My c...
[7 replies] Last: I am using Visual c++ 2008. (by HeavyRain)
Templated class inheritance

Hi guys, I've just created a main frame for a statistical tool in C++. Following is my code: //StatTool.h #ifndef STATTOOL_H #define STATTOOL_H ...
[3 replies] Last: Careful with you terminolgy: you're never going to link a .h or .cpp f... (by andywestken)
by ajh32
sockets - send HTTPS HEAD command

Hi, I've not really used sockets in my many years of programming, and now I'm in need of send'ing a HTTPS HEAD command and recv'ing the response. If some kind ...
[2 replies] Last: In case anyone is interested, I have worked out how to do a socket HTT... (by ajh32)
July 2013 Pages: 1... 2829303132... 34
  Archived months: [jun2013] [aug2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.