General C++ Programming - May 2013 (Page 44)

Issue with vectors

Vector and String headers are both included. Using namespace std. //The following 2 functions setup //the players inventory and allows the //player to view it...
[2 replies] Last: * invertory = "Empty" (by MiiNiPaa)
help!!

Question: State the values of each of these int variables after the calculation is performed. Assumed that, when each statement begins executing, all variabl...
[4 replies] Last: Stewbond fails for supplying full homework solutions. Especially when... (by Disch)
Month Class : Overloading prefix and post fix?

I hope this is the right place for this. I just made this account because I am at my wits end with this code. I've been fixing it around and around for 3 days a...
[5 replies] Last: I forgot to mention the check if number is in range 1-12 for your erro... (by zoran404)
by Snaksa
Linked Lists

Hi! I have a problem. I'm trying to compare a single value with a value from my Linked list and if they are same, I want to add the value from the list to new l...
[9 replies] Last: Thanks a lot for your efforts :) I will try this :) (by Snaksa)
Need help figuring out a algorithm

Hey everyone so I'm completely stuck on a assignment of mine. First let me say that I'm not expecting anyone to just give me a solution, just some help finding ...
[6 replies] Last: Ahh ok I understand it now I believe so then .3333 would be 10,000. Th... (by Z e r e o)
Passing unknown argumants to unknown function

So I'm making setTimeout and setInterval functions. I have this remember function (that is part of Timing class) which takes a function pointer and a void po...
[3 replies] Last: That is a bit confusing. But I figured out I can use template<class T>... (by zoran404)
GLUT problem/an error on my part

Hi all :) so for a while now Ive been having this problem, my code has been worked on a lot and yet I cant seem to get past this one error and I feel it may ...
[2 replies] Last: bringing it back up again, also, Im sorry there is so much code, Im n... (by squishy)
by civarc
Code Crashing. What's the output?

I have this for a HW assignment and I'm supposed to give the entire output of the code but it crashes when I run it, so I can't even see the errors. Help apprec...
[8 replies] Last: http://s11.postimg.org/44td0x4sz/Command_Args.png (by cire)
Decimal (Double) Problem

The code below is designed as a vending machine code for a movie theater lobby. Everything works just fine except for the decimals in the currency. instead of d...
[5 replies] Last: It has an affect on how much RAM it uses. That's what I meant by "mem... (by cire)
Pointer Deletion - Possible heap corruption (1,2)

Hey there. First of, I'm not exactly sure if this should be in this forum or the Linux version. I'm doing a university assignment (due in a couple of weeks) dev...
[20 replies] Last: Hmm, it seems my post was deleted? I marked a solution and yes, it's p... (by Damien McAlear)
by RD7
Positive and negative infinity in c++

What are positive and negative infinity for different data types in c++, are they represent maximum and minimum limit of a type? or positive infinity is not a f...
[3 replies] Last: double has an infinite value if std::numeric_limits<double>::has_infi... (by Peter87)
by k321
do-while, math

Hey everyone. I want to program a c++ program which can calculate sum: sum=f(a+h)+f(a+2h)+f(a+3h), where f(x)=2*x, a=1, b=2, h=(b-a)/4 and in this case h=1/4. B...
[5 replies] Last: MiiNiPaa.. Thank you very much! I look forward to try later. Thank you... (by k321)
Challenge: Find this error in Classes.

WE WANT TO ACCESS member fuction depositBalance() of Class account. #include <iostream> #include <ctime> #include <string> #include <fstream> using namesp...
[2 replies] Last: thanks GOT IT!!!!! (by Rehan FASTian)
by chilzm
dlta2y // functions

Hi everyone , im a beginner in c++ using microsoft visual studio to write and compile the code, i have been trying to make a delta to wye, wye to delta conver...
[4 replies] Last: dude! thanks man, i see what i did wrong its working.. (by chilzm)
Long double not working

I'm currently working on a simulation of the motion of magnets on a rod. As part of it, there are arrays of the properties of the magnets: long double *accele...
[4 replies] Last: I had finals week. Not enough time to do much else. I'm glad you figur... (by aaronfjerstad)
runtime error

the code is for generating a finite automata #include <iostream> #include <map> #include <set> #include <string> #include <algorithm> using namespace st...
[no replies]
Dynamic memory

pec_vlog_file = new char[strlen(argv[i+1])+1]; if strlen(argv[i+1])+1 = 50 This code give pec_vlog_file a dynamic memory which is in char type with ...
[1 reply] : This code give pec_vlog_file a dynamic memory which is in char type w... (by MikeyBoy)
Step into function

Hello everyone I was wondering if there is a way to make Visual Studios step into a function while I am debugging.. I am trying to see the value of a certain in...
[4 replies] Last: You're welcome! Glad it worked :) (by MikeyBoy)
Storing class in Array

How do I go about storing info to an array of class? I need to do something like this: info = ReadNameRating(n, r); Where info is an array of my own c...
[2 replies] Last: Either function ReadNameRating() returns a value that has your class a... (by keskiverto)
Passing an array into function as parameter

Hey everyone, I've literally spent hours working on this assignment and I just can't seem to get the last part right. Here is what the assignment reads: ...
[5 replies] Last: "to pass" might actually refer to two things: 1. How to define that... (by keskiverto)
May 2013 Pages: 1... 424344454647
  Archived months: [apr2013] [jun2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.