General C++ Programming - May 2013 (Page 45)

extern "C" doubt

extern "C" { char *getwd(char *); }; May I know what does this code means? As I know when there is any C header then we should use extern "C" if...
[5 replies] Last: > Basically it tells: this function was compiled in C, not C++. It te... (by JLBorges)
DirectX

I just recently installed directx june 2010 sdk and everything seems to be set up fine, my problem is that I have tried several example programs but on a lot of...
[3 replies] Last: Shouldn't this question be in the Windows Programming forum? (by MikeyBoy)
by Aceix
About IMPLEMENT_APP() macro

Hi all, Just want to know how the IMPLEMENT_APP() macro in wxWidgets work, how it replaces explicitly stating main();, how it initializes the whole app and the...
[2 replies] Last: Can't you see that for yourself by looking at the macro definition in ... (by MikeyBoy)
please help

You now have a good foundation of C++ programming skills that you can use to develop a larger project. You will implement a program that simulates ESP: Ext...
[7 replies] Last: You now have a good foundation of C++ programming skills that you can... (by MikeyBoy)
Please Help In Char Pointers

Well there is this code I recently found in a book and I need help from someone to help me understand why when you subtract pbuffer with buffer you get the numb...
[7 replies] Last: You're welciome :) (by MikeyBoy)
How does a compiler work?

I'm interested in eventually building a compiler. As I understand it, these are the steps involved in compiling: Preprocessing (if relevant to the language) ...
[no replies]
by Progg3
A quick question around enumerations

Hi, Let's say I have a "Weapon" class, which stores the weapon "Type" as an enumeration. As I instantiate this class I wish to specify what type of weapon t...
[2 replies] Last: > As I instantiate this class I wish to specify what type of weapon th... (by JLBorges)
by crypto
Vector troubles?

So here's my code... #include <iostream> #include <vector> #include <fstream> #include <string> #include <stdio.h> #include <string.h> using namespace std; ...
[2 replies] Last: ifstream f ( "text.txt",std::ifstream::binary); int length = f.tell... (by cire)
Using time?

So I'm trying to learn how to use time for time based movement and what not. I did this only knowing the command time(&variable) time_t timer; int I, X; ...
[1 reply] : a) nobody said that time_t contains seconds. b) nobody said program wi... (by MiiNiPaa)
by Phiru
How to use namespace???

I have two header files, A, B. A.h namespace test { struct info { int a; } } B.h #include "A.h" int main { test::info.a =...
[2 replies] Last: I don't recommend asking for help with code and just saying that there... (by Austin J)
by Dozo23
Towers of Hanoi Using Iteration

I am trying to write a towers of hanoi c++ program using iteration. i have written the same program using recursion but i am having trouble using iteration. so ...
[no replies]
by Jgwman
Accessing pointed-to value in a struct vector of pointers

Hello, I have a somewhat complicated question. I have a vector (structures) in a struct (instances). I make a declaration of this struct called instance. The ve...
[4 replies] Last: What it is, or do you have a link to its documentation? I can't find i... (by Jgwman)
by him92
code that reads from a file and writes it, inverted into another file

the error message is this one, and this is my first c++ code so i really want to see it work. any piece of advice? 7::too few template-parameter-lists so this...
[8 replies] Last: its okay now, i have fixed it using the resources from this page and a... (by him92)
Inserting a row into a matrix?

I'm writing a function that inserts a row into a matrix and deletes the last row. But I'm having trouble. What do I need to add to this function:
[1 reply] : So the first column has to look like 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 The Row with the 4,... (by JazzyJeff123)
Random syntax errors?

so i am writing a program in c++ for a school project, but the code i am using for one of my functions is full of random syntax errors, and me and my group memb...
[6 replies] Last: right i fixed inTPClone. as it turns out, you need to use for loops to... (by Festivefire)
by moza
help needed in c++ assignment

hello every one i need yr help to solve this c++ -Home Assignment .. Write a user-friendly C++ program that allows a user to select repeatedly an ...
[1 reply] : Post what you've done and we can help out. (by kbw)
by LB
Virtual Templates

#include <iostream> struct Base { virtual ~Base(){} template<typename T> virtual bool f(T t){ return false; } }; struct Derived : B...
[4 replies] Last: Wow, what did I do to trigger such a reaction? I wasn't trying to be r... (by LB)
.c ip spoofing (ip range generate)

Hello Writing an exploit our own system we've tested. However, this exploit is currently producing a random string. However, we would like to produce a sp...
[2 replies] Last: Is there someone who can help? (by vacancy)
String Troubles

We are posed with this problem. An office furniture company sells furniture in three colors: red, black and green. Every item in their inventory system has a...
[2 replies] Last: On a string of length 5, substr(4,2) is only the last character. Inde... (by cire)
Adding dynamic arrays

Hey guys, I'm writing a program with two classes, one that contains a card's rank and suit and the other contains pile of these cards. I'm having trouble when i...
[1 reply] : count is an int. An int does not have a member called pile . Plea... (by cire)
May 2013 Pages: 1... 4344454647
  Archived months: [apr2013] [jun2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.