General C++ Programming - October 2013 (Page 42)

pointer, pass reference variable into funtion

excuse me! who can fix code for me. i don't understand how my code not run. thank you very much! #include "stdafx.h" #include<iostream> using namespace ...
[3 replies] Last: Where do I start? I start by ignoring the numerous problems with this ... (by tipaye)
Finding if a number is prime or not

cin.ignore (10); return 0; } Its not working
[2 replies] Last: Hey I M sending u a program to check whether number is prime or not //... (by Ritesh Thakur)
Classes for Data, InputValidation, Container & Algorithm

This might seem obvious to a lot of people, but I haven't seen anything written about it, so I am posting it to see what everyone thinks. Hopefully it might be ...
[10 replies] Last: [quote=TheIdeasMan]Ok, but what about this: You just have another inte... (by MiiNiPaa)
Ideas for comparing and contrasting techniques

Hey guys Here just for a little help on deciding a topic for a University research project. I have asked to compare and contrast different techniques of ...
[1 reply] : I think this might be more lounge worthy. I recently came across this ... (by xismn)
'pow' : no overloaded function takes 1 arguments

I keep getting this error in my code. I believe it is because to use pow(x,y) both x and y have to be double, but how do i put that into my formula under calcul...
[4 replies] Last: Or it could be: pow( (1 + monthly_rate) , (number_of_payments - 1 ) ... (by Stewbond)
while loops and reprompting user

Hello, I am trying to make a program and so far I am having bad luck. How do you make it where if the if statments are not met, they will reprompt the use to en...
[1 reply] : Please do not double post. It clutters the forum, makes searching hard... (by MiiNiPaa)
Errors in code and idk what to do

Okay so here is my code that my teacher gave however whenever I run it fails, so I do not want to modify it until I can get the original to work. /* * ech...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you that worked haha (by OLittleO)
How to execute code from a certain point.

I know this is an easy question, I googled it, I don't know what the term is I'm trying to google though. I'm trying to start the debugging from a certain point...
[3 replies] Last: If you are using an IDE, google how to set a breakpoint. What this wil... (by J4ke)
Function Return is always true?

This program that I've made works fine to find midpoint, but not distance. The distancefunction always returns a 1 (true). To try to see that it wasn't the math...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you so much @Disch . I added in the parenthesis and the 0 and th... (by JasperBraun)
g++ Error help

Well.. here goes. I originally wrote this using visual c++ but now the requirement has changed that it must run on a *nix system. Whenever i attempt to compile ...
[5 replies] Last: OMG... update from 4.3.x on backtrack is proving to be a beast in itse... (by Brntphish)
by Ruud
Programming for DOS

Hello, Almost for 30 years I created most of my programs using (Turbo) Pascal. I have thought about switching to C quite often but now I have a good reason t...
[3 replies] Last: Using one operating system (for example Windows) to build software for... (by Catfish4)
Finding if a number is prime

We need it to say if the number is prime or not we need the equation for the if statement or if we have something else wrong to let me know. #include <iostre...
[1 reply] : Duplicate (maimed) thread here: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/general... (by Catfish4)
Is there anyway we can get the length of an integer

The programming problem is supposed to take a decimal number from a user and turn it into a binary number here is my code for (int i=0; i< count; i++) ...
[3 replies] Last: http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/cmath/log2/ while(decimal not_eq ... (by ne555)
A quiz

Hey guys, I am working on a multiple choice quiz. I want to know how I can get the program to say if the person is correct or incorrect after answering the ques...
[2 replies] Last: Hi, ans is an int, but you are comparing it to chars. Incidentally,... (by closed account o3hC5Di1)
Ideas For My Project

i am looking for some cool ideas for my project. I need to include file and inheritance in the pgm. Plz give me some ideas, which you may have alredy done.Tha...
[1 reply] : I'm going on the assumption that you are still relatively new to the l... (by FalterrisAunvre)
Benford's Law

Hi! so I have to write a C++ program to analyze three different data files, and try to confirm Benford’s law. I need to create a console application that op...
[1 reply] : line 3: remove string from arguments. Also do not use while(!infil... (by MiiNiPaa)
Problem with spaces

the program is supposed to ask the user for the length of what they wish to type and the program would recive it as an array then make all the letters to upperc...
[10 replies] Last: ooo ok well in that case thank you so much for your help and explainin... (by sargelikesapples)
printf

printf is a part of code segment but found in data segment.....why is it so ?
[7 replies] Last: Hi, Yes, x would be in the data segment, and printf in the code segmen... (by ShodanHo)
Assidiq

I need help 4 d programming aspect of my project ''survivability of wireless network''
[2 replies] Last: I have already started wit d project, infact i hav created an architec... (by Assidiq)
Problem Retreving data from txt file

When i execute the program it gets the right data for the first array but the scound either doesn't work at all or just gets to much data. i've tryed using getl...
[4 replies] Last: If i'm reading correctly would the myfile.ignore(std::numeric_limits<... (by sargelikesapples)
October 2013 Pages: 1... 4041424344... 46
  Archived months: [sep2013] [nov2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.