General C++ Programming - October 2013 (Page 8)

by xcyl40
Conversion Help

Enter as many numbers as you want as long as the user doesn't type 'e' to exit. Problem: When I enter a number, it works fine, but if I enter e then it'll go...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you! cin.good() did the trick! (by xcyl40)
need help trying to implement a linked list, but it failed to compile.

im trying to get the output as shown below after the main function but it wont let me can someone help me do the main function so that i can get the same out...
[no replies]
Sky Color Not Interpolating

I wrote a sky class for my game, and based on the time, it's supposed to interpolate the color between 5 base colors based on the time. It starts at noon, ho...
[2 replies] Last: Never mind, I figured out the problem. I forgot to add code that adds ... (by closed account N36fSL3A)
by KEMO
Need help

Hello, Can you please help to write this program? http://postimg.org/image/z0oipar2p/ Thank you
[1 reply] : Please post your attempt before asking for help (by Uk Marine)
merge sort issue

Hello, first time doing this. Here goes.... I'm practicing my merge sorting and i'm running to the issue of getting the first three correctly on to the array b...
[1 reply] : Please use [ code] tags. Remember, there are two parts to a merge so... (by Duthomhas)
Why does people want use private label here?

when you can do: you can easily do class point_t { pubic: double x, y; } why do you do: class point_t { private: double x,y; public...
[5 replies] Last: Thank all for all these inputs, really learned something!!! (by northfly)
by Ceset
too much for a newbie

hi i came across with a problem that i cannot possibly solve all alone at least for now. the prob is at some .h file struct SpriteImage{ Surface * surf...
[3 replies] Last: well. im not sure but will check it if i need or not. really i m stil... (by Ceset)
Help about the linklist read polynomial

How to modify the void addterm and add polynomial... #ifndef POLYNOMIAL_H #define POLYNOMIAL_H #include "linkedListType.h" class term { friend ...
[1 reply] : Don't double post http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/114897/ (by ats15)
Expected unqualified id before '+' token

Can someone help me with this? I keep getting the error above.("Expected unqualified id before '+' token") Here's the code: #include<iostream> using nam...
[7 replies] Last: The problem's fixed. I uninstalled code blocks and deleted all files w... (by Bharat Nair)
errors in code::blocks

hi, im using code::blocks and it has driven me crazy with errors. i get the same error no matter what i do. C:\Documents and Settings\saji kumar\Desktop\C++\P...
[3 replies] Last: Yay!!! I fixed it!! I reinstalled code blocks, but this time, I search... (by Bharat Nair)
Increment in Variable not taking place...

I have created this code; it is a taxi management system. I've made a class 'List' which helps handle a linked list structure of the waiting taxis and waiting p...
[2 replies] Last: So, I had to call the list by reference. I fixed the problem by doing ... (by Rishabh Malviya)
program not working properly

I have this code where I have the user input their zip code and I convert it to a bar code. It all works fine until I want it to output the bar code properly. ...
[1 reply] : ch - '0' is a cheap hack for "converting" char 's of digits into n... (by Catfish4)
by ssaamo
How to connect to other devices remotely by using c++

Hi all, I want to connect to other computers remotely and for example grabbing some data from them. Do we have any c++ library for this purpose? And if yes, ...
[1 reply] : Funny, but you've forgot to mention which kind of connection you want ... (by rodiongork)
Hardware programming and c++?

I'm too lazy to learn assembler (I know a little bit of it, but I like c++ and I'd like to "master" one language first), and I'd like to do some basic hardware ...
[3 replies] Last: like controlling LEDs with GUI app and stuff, but I can't find any t... (by rodiongork)
by tkmdr
if statement posted twice?

Hi guys. I'm a beginner at C++, and I'm trying to do an exercise on ifs inside ifs. First image: http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/5851/b9qt.jpg No else if ...
[2 replies] Last: Hi tkmdr, if(number1 >= number2 && number3 && number4 && number5){ ... (by TheIdeasMan)
initialization lists vs explicit assignment

I read the following: "C++ provides another way of initializing member variables that allows us to initialize member variables when they are created rather t...
[5 replies] Last: @cire: ¿what code are you reading? (by ne555)
Average rating does not display correctly.

My program for school works properly, but I cannot seem get the average to compute properly. I was hoping a second set of eyes could give me some insight as to ...
[4 replies] Last: O.K. I got the sum and set the average to equal the total divided by t... (by TychoKaine)
Trouble Compiling Luabind

I've recently switched from the official MinGW version that uses Drawf2 for exceptions(4.7.2) to the TDM version of MinGW so I could get access to the 4.8.1 fea...
[no replies]
by nhix
array traversal

I was wondering if I could get any input and/ or suggestions as to how to traverse through this array and output each student and score that falls below the ave...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks, coder and nemisis, for the tips and for not giving away the an... (by nhix)
having trouble using ch[]

I came up with this code to try to add each number from a zip code inputted by the user but I think I'm adding up the ascii values not the real values the user ...
[4 replies] Last: Yes that's perfect man! thank you so much. but I just have one more qu... (by Modern Man19)
October 2013 Pages: 1... 678910... 46
  Archived months: [sep2013] [nov2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.