Lounge - February 2015 (Page 3)

A Curio & Relics exemption for the DMCA?

https://www.eff.org/let-game-fans-keep-abandoned-games-running I found a link to this from /. and thought I would post it here since the topic often comes up...
[no replies]
Hordes of one-post accounts

I've been lurking on the forums for a while and some sections of the forums is just a cesspool of one-post accounts asking for homework solutions. It is my o...
[4 replies] Last: Oh , thanks for the clarification. (by thebeto1of)
by dilver
utf8 binaries

I have a question concerning utf-8 Unicode binary numbers . In this page : http://www.utf8-chartable.de/unicode-utf8-table.pl?start=256&utf8=bin In the ut...
[8 replies] Last: I don't think it's all that "hypertechnical" to know that UTF-16 is a ... (by Cubbi)
Need assistance with Bonus Rate program

I realllly need help with a program. I am not even sure where to start and what exactly to do! JM Sales employs 10 salespeople. The sales made by the salespeop...
[1 reply] : Can you move this to the Beginners forum and post your current code? (by closed account 18hRX9L8)
Recursion! do you use it? how can I introduce it gradualy into my code? (1,2)

I need more recursion in my life, I think that means scratching the way I think entirely and starting again though; As I always wanted to be a good programmer...
[25 replies] Last: @ tition. Your solution works fine. It didn't fit my code so I wrote a... (by closed account D80DSL3A)
Algorithm for reading data sets.

There are unknown number of data sets of different sizes. Write an algorithm to read individual data set and find the maximum of each set, then calculate averag...
[1 reply] : What have you tried so far? (by Cheraphy)
The Next Step

I have recently picked up Stroustrup's book Programming Principles and Practices using C++ 2nd Edition to help not only as a refresher on my C++, as I had quit ...
[1 reply] : The next step is actually coding. There are a ton of books for practi... (by tmason)
Now, what?

I'm tired of C++. I want something more complete . What is the next step?
[12 replies] Last: So pretty much you're saying: I don't want to deal with the issues of ... (by Avilius)
by dilver
prime number factorization

I have a problem . I want to factorize this number into two primes numbers but I am unable to find a program to do it 21072236091611056689769183170665611839...
[16 replies] Last: thank you very much (by dilver)
Criticise/Improve - Some kind of parser/interpreter

Haven't been on much lately due to a dead family member. I've been coding trying to distract myself, and have been coming up with projects I can go through t...
[3 replies] Last: "Tokenize" and "Split", to me anyway, mean the same thing in this cont... (by LB)
What to learn this summer

Hi, I study physics with computer sciences courses instead of labs. This summer I will only be taking the first prog course and I will have free time; what a...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks i'll check this out! (by Geranimo)
by LB
"Pre-programmed" knowledge (1,2)

I had a very lengthy multi-hour discussion with someone at dinner tonight and we touched on all sorts of topics (initially starting with religion) and finally g...
[39 replies] Last: [quote=Disch]Furthermore, I don't see why humans would be excluded fro... (by plexus)
by LB
Atomic Swap = Locking?

I don't know much about low-level instructions, or locking mechanisms. But today I suddenly thought about a locking mechanism that works if you have an atomic s...
[4 replies] Last: I was aware of test-and-set but I was not aware that it should actual... (by MiiNiPaa)
by LB
UUIDs vs. RNG

Minecraft gives every entity a UUID so that references to entities can be saved in a reasonable format. In C++, is there any reason to use some library to ge...
[15 replies] Last: I had no further doubts or confusion about what was being said; I was ... (by LB)
Best spam ever

I was driving down the road when I hit a ditch and ran off the road. I screamed, "Jesus, take the wheel!" as I ditched out of my car. That bobble head did NOT ...
[6 replies] Last: [quote=Me]I wouldn't call it spam Oh I didn't realize it was spam on ... (by Ganado)
by Tresky
CPlusPlus.com App/Mobile Site (1,2)

I was thinking the other day that it would be cool to have an app for this forum. This is probably the most useful forum for C++ I have used and I wanted to do ...
[24 replies] Last: Alright. Explain why it's gibberish. (by Cheraphy)
Spam in Cplusplus? (1,2,3)

Hi, What's up with the spam posts on this forums? I have had to report and remove up-to 3 spam posts today alone? I never seen spam posts on other forums apa...
[47 replies] Last: And all of a sudden it turned out that instead of person who blocks th... (by TheHardew)
External JavaScript

Hello, I'm currently working on a HTML file where I link an external JavaScript file so that I don't have to keep writing out large functions within the HTML it...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks, this worked for me. It's probably worth mentioning that I had ... (by softwaretime)
by tmason
Request for Guidance - Creating an Office ActiveX Control or Adding preferably using Qt/C++

Hello, I thought I would ask this in the lounge as I asked a few questions in the specific forums but it seems like I need more general advice and less speci...
[2 replies] Last: Hello, Thanks for the reply. As mentioned in the original post, I alr... (by tmason)
Our IRC channel is moving to Freenode!

Heya, all. We now have a channel on the Freenode IRC network! We're there as #cplusplus.com , and people are steadily moving from the old channel. A few of yo...
[16 replies] Last: [quote=ResidentBiscuit]Apparently it is actually /ns SET EMAILMEMOS ON... (by closed account 18hRX9L8)
February 2015 Pages: 1234
  Archived months: [jan2015] [mar2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.