Lounge - November 2014 (Page 4)

by LB
I wish C++ had labeled breaks/continues

This code is in Java: OuterLoop: while(true) { for(blah; blah; blah) { if(blah) { blah; continue OuterLoop; ...
[5 replies] Last: I underestimate goto :p (by LB)
Good ideas and criticism needed for site development

I am Annii and I deal with developing different free educational platforms for children and for adults as well. My speciality is developing services for touch t...
[3 replies] Last: I finished "Touch Typing Basics" of lesson one, but "New keys: Home ro... (by Lowest0ne)
what math equations can you come up with? (1,2)

I came up with: p1+p2=n 2 p1+p2=n 3 n 4 =n 2
[22 replies] Last: From Mr. L's chopstick problem (where K = total number of people, inc... (by Duthomhas)
win 10 tp when win 10 comes out

What happens to windows 10 technical preview when windows 10 comes out? Will I get windows 10 for free?
[9 replies] Last: Welp, it was running completely smoothly up until yesterday when it ra... (by Cheraphy)
by Nezar
discovery

Hello there, the following program works, no matter how many times i repeat the semi colons. #include <iostream> int main() { int i = 3 ;;;...
[10 replies] Last: A real world use for this might be something like: for(unsigned i = ... (by Computergeek01)
I need to retain my skill in C++ !!

Hi guys, its been awhile since I have coded, I stopped learning C++ about 3 months ago (I think, I stopped mid August.), now that I am returning to coding, all ...
[3 replies] Last: I think the best way to keep up your skill is by helping people here. (by Lowest0ne)
Is C++ Primer Plus 6th Edition good ?

Hi guys, I just wanna ask if C++ Primer Plus 6th Edition by Stephen Prata a good C++ book ? and how many months will it take me to read considering it has 1k+...
[3 replies] Last: I have a copy of C++ Primer (4th edition) and it is a pretty solid beg... (by ResidentBiscuit)
Is it possible to convert a NON-BOOTABLE dvd into a BOOTABLE dvd?

I know this topic isn't about c++. But I would like to know whether or not if it's possible to convert a non-bootable cd into a bootable cd. If it's possible, ...
[7 replies] Last: Yes, I "told" my computer to boot from the dvd in the bios. But I have... (by SomeAmazingGuy)
by LB
CG in movies

I notice a lot of movie reviewers talk about how CG is overused in movies, and while that may be true, they also say it looks obvious whether CG or actual props...
[8 replies] Last: You can tell if you look close. It's harder for some people to spot w... (by Disch)
by S G H
Is this an overkill?

I've been rewrapping the entire OpenGL 4.5 api inside classes. Long story short: Is it worth it? Will somebody find it useful? Long story long: Here's my testca...
[2 replies] Last: When I used OpenGL I created classes to wrap things like glUseProgram ... (by chrisname)
Looking for (active) skype C++ group

Hey, I am looking for Skype group where I can chat with people and learn new things. I heard about "C++ Benders Group" or something, but I am not sure if its st...
[7 replies] Last: oops sorry. i didnt bother reading the rest of the thread. i also shou... (by Little Bobby Tables)
Never trust update

Alas, I just hosed my MinGW. Never, never trust 'update'. (Now I'm trying to figure out how to get 4.8 installed. Failing that, I'm going to try to get 4....
[11 replies] Last: I switched to MingW-w64 a week ago, version 4.9.1: http://sourceforge.... (by S G H)
Error folowing the tutorial

I've been folowing the tutorial from here: http://www.cplusplus.com/articles/zv07M4Gy/ I'm having trouble with this line: gcc loader.o kernel.o -T linke...
[3 replies] Last: i really dont suggest using that. wiki.osdev.org has that and so much ... (by Little Bobby Tables)
Does anyone know how easy it will be to build a plugin for excell that..

Displays the inputed data in a certain way? I got a job to do, heres the description: Can you think of a better language or way of taking data from an e...
[6 replies] Last: So seriously python?? can I learn that from scratch in two weeks im s... (by devonrevenge)
How to connect to iPhone via C++?

I know nothing about iDevices, but I'm talking about apps like vShare or Jailbreak Setups. How do they work?
[5 replies] Last: Thank you all! :D (by iQChange)
November 2014 Pages: 1234
  Archived months: [oct2014] [dec2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.