Lounge - November 2014 (Page 2)

by Nezar
XP

Hey, I can do C++ for 2 hours a day approximately, because I'm studying for this university entrance exam, 7 month left. What do think is the best way to gai...
[1 reply] : doing stuff like creating a database interface is a good practice ? Y... (by coder777)
Can't reply to some posts

I find that I can't reply to some small percentage of posts. When I go to the page, it says that I'm not logged in. Anyone know what's going on? Here is an...
[5 replies] Last: ty (by Little Bobby Tables)
by Disch
Avatar - The Last Airbender (1,2)

So I remember commercials for this show when it first came out. I thought it looked like a neat idea, but was just a silly kids show... so I didn't watch it. ...
[24 replies] Last: [quote=ezchgg]there's multiple story lines so you'd have to look up wh... (by TheBeardedQuack)
by a k n
Oriented Bounding Boxes Collision cheking

After doing some research on OBB collision checking I've come across some algorithms using Minkowski differences and a ton of results on the Separation Axis The...
[6 replies] Last: @NT3 I totally missed that , thank you Thanks everyone who tried to he... (by a k n)
Anyone nice enough to buy me SC2

PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! *puppy dog eyes* I WEALLY WEALLY WANT TO PLAY STARCRAFT!
[9 replies] Last: Starcraft is an RTS game made by Blizzard, my friend posted this cuz h... (by Code Apperentice)
N-Queens & Other Stuff

I don't peruse RosettaCode much, but since it was referenced in a recent thread I looked at the solution there ...and was appalled. So I rewrote it. http://...
[1 reply] : LOL. The joys of updating... Fedora 19 to 21. Doing that now. (by Duthomhas)
by LB
Looking for appropriate language

As much as I would love to use C++, dynamic/shared libraries are a pain, especially since the same compiler must be used if you want to use anything from the st...
[14 replies] Last: I suggested .NET because C# has much better linguistic features than J... (by helios)
Pdfs online

I recently just came across some PDF files online by simply just typing the name of a book through Google. This got me thinking, is downloading a pdf file of a ...
[2 replies] Last: @Disch thanks for the heads up. I knew it was too good to be true, bu... (by Moonraker101)
So I have a question on joining the military? (1,2)

I am 14 years old now, and I always kind of dreamed of joining the US military. Although my bigger dream is becoming a programmer (probably game dev). The latte...
[25 replies] Last: I don't think North Korea is capable of anything, and the only explana... (by Lowest0ne)
How can I become a "true" programmer?

Obviously I will need to learn multiple programming languages in order to even have a change at a proper programming job, but I've heard in many sources that to...
[11 replies] Last: I agree too, but IIRC in version 1.6 most classes had proper construct... (by chrisname)
by tmason
Washington DC Area C++ Devs?

Hello, Just curious if there are any Washington DC area C++ developers? I'd love to host a meetup; so many devs for HTML/Java but not enough for C++. A...
[no replies]
by Ceset
Project Payment Assurance

Hi all. Lately i am working on a game project and its two person project which i do the programming and engine side and the other guy does modeling design an...
[4 replies] Last: I searched if there is a way of making e-contract. But couldnt find an... (by Ceset)
Looking for Game Developers

This is not a job, but a small group for developers who are willing to expand their knowledge for future propositions. Even if you are not planning on having a ...
[6 replies] Last: I thought maybe I could share some of my work so I can show where I am... (by byte0x00)
[newbie] What can admins find out about you when you register to their website?

Suppose i registered to a certain forum (such as cplusplus.com), i provided the information required (email address and whatnot), what will appear to them behin...
[4 replies] Last: Geo-IP databases can only give approximate locations, and as EssGeEich... (by Albatross)
by LB
Perception of time when you're tired

I have noticed that when I am tired, things seem to be faster. I notice it especially when listening to music - songs sound slightly faster than normal when I a...
[1 reply] : It's due to memory, if I recall. That's why adrenaline-filled experien... (by Ispil)
Idea for anyone

I was just thinking about the game I am making for this week: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/lounge/147783/ The game is called Labyrinth, you tilt the board...
[no replies]
by Disch
Hollywood

I'll just say it flatout... I hate Hollywood. The culture is pretentious, backwards, phoney, and the sludge it produces just seems to be getting more and more ...
[9 replies] Last: If you're judging by originality, wouldn't a movie based on a novel, o... (by htirwin)
Why is it linked list is being taught ?

As a data structure there doesn't seem to be anything good coming from the use of linked list. Most argument is about bad for cache because of random location. ...
[10 replies] Last: > Beside although vector only take O(1) to access but still need O(n) ... (by JLBorges)
Do you think I can use the ideas and concepts I learned from c++ and apply it to other languages?

C++ is actually my first programming language that I am currently learning. And so far, i believe I am understanding every concept that the language has to offe...
[1 reply] : It's not that C++ in particular is similar to other programming langua... (by Disch)
by LB
Why do people /hate/ Google+?

Don't read this post unless you have plenty of time. If you skim read, you will miss crucial information. My personal experience with Google+ and its i...
[15 replies] Last: I went into Google+ neutral. After seeing how it works and that some p... (by LB)
November 2014 Pages: 1234
  Archived months: [oct2014] [dec2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.