Lounge - November 2014 (Page 3)

15 Year old Developing Windows App and looking for job

Greetings, I am 16 (-30d) year old. I am programming over 6 years. I have started with classical console application program and terms ware Loop,branches,Funct...
[7 replies] Last: I'm only 15 and I have found work which is pretty decent, I think if y... (by closed account 13bSLyTq)
Handmade Hero, Writing a game from scratch

Thought people here might get something from this. Casey Muratori is making a series of live coding sessions (on twitch) where he makes a game from scratch. Ea...
[2 replies] Last: An interesting stream. An odd approach to game design that I don't ... (by Hippogriff)
Girls on this forum (1,2)

Sooo.. Ive been self-teaching (more attempting?) coding specifically in the forms of c++, opengl and a few web languages and these bulletins have been incredibl...
[27 replies] Last: lol chrisname. (by Disch)
New features...

So I see new features on the forum but what is the point of having quotes 'shown collapsed'?
[8 replies] Last: Well, What I would want from a quote button is to be able to select p... (by closed account z05DSL3A)
How to learn another programming language when you already know C++

By know I mean that I feel confident enough to write programs in C++. Since I'm working on a project in C++ and it's the only programming language I know. My q...
[2 replies] Last: If you do choose to start learning another language, don't take C++ wi... (by LB)
Microsoft does something odd...

It's moving its entire .NET core to open-source, under the MIT license no less, and providing Linux/Mac support to boot. http://blogs.msdn.com/b/dotnet/archi...
[5 replies] Last: "I guess no more excuse of not using .NET as being a platform-specifi... (by closed account z05DSL3A)
Teenage Growth(Puberty)

Judging by the title you probably already guessed I am a growing teenager trying to learn to programme and get into the industry I'm going through some chan...
[11 replies] Last: Also median is the value in the middle that's what I learned atleast ... (by Mizanyo)
Free books

Is there a reason some books can be downloaded for free at for example http://it-ebooks.info/book/1256/ , have anyone tried these before? is it a virus or is it...
[10 replies] Last: A few web sites have real books that are free for download. I believe ... (by twiggystardust)
#indiesvspewdiepie

Anyone entering? I'm planning on building a 2D Java RPG for it(top-down). Should be fun. I will be twitch streaming and tweeting as I go, with some Facebook pos...
[no replies]
by helios
Thanks a lot Microsoft!

Want to buy an Xbone for triple its price in the US where it was officially released an entire year late? Well, just hop on a plane and come over, where Micro...
[8 replies] Last: Speaking of thanks a lot Microsoft, I'm currently programming some sof... (by TheBeardedQuack)
Central cpu

Would it be possible to have a few powerful central cpus in a building, and have everyone share them? What I was thinking of is if you had something like an ard...
[15 replies] Last: OP, that's an astute observation. In fact, the industry has gone from ... (by dhayden)
by TuomoK
New kind of micro controller developer device

Hi all! We have worked with developer board device project. I think this would be interesting case for you to take next step to execute your knowledge and id...
[8 replies] Last: I'm taking it as it's a little box packed full of sensors and an API t... (by TheBeardedQuack)
Is upgrading Windows OS's easy?

I've been using the Windows 10 Tech Preview and like it, so when the full version comes out I would like to get it. What I was wondering is how easy it is to up...
[1 reply] : My experience is that it is a bit hit or miss. I usually now backup m... (by closed account z05DSL3A)
Is CGI a good career to pursue? (opinions please)

Hi everybody, i'm here to ask a very simple question. What do you think of visual effects for movies? Do you think becoming a digital artist is a wise choice fo...
[2 replies] Last: A better place to ask would be http://forums.cgsociety.org/ You will s... (by admkrk)
by Null
How is this game called? (1,2)

Hi, I have a programming assignment to make a small console game which was suggested by the lecturer. The problem is that neither lecturer nor I know how is it...
[22 replies] Last: We know that an n bit integer can hold 2n unique values: 0 to 2n-1. F... (by giblit)
Anyone With Eye Sight Problems ?

I would like to make this post to ask the community if any of you programmer got existing or previous eye sight problems Personally i got cataracts a cloudin...
[7 replies] Last: Only eye sight problems I have are since I am male and my father is co... (by giblit)
About Animal Hybrids

Do animal hybrids live as long as the animals that make up their physiology?
[10 replies] Last: Why would anyone assume sex is purely about procreation? There are m... (by disturbedfuel15)
How A Computer Works?(Suggest Links) (1,2)

Hello im starting to learn C++ from a book but it got me thinking just learning the language wont help there got to be other things i should know apart from the...
[27 replies] Last: Also where can i learn all the topics about computer science the topi... (by helios)
Programming Book Wish List

Hey guys... Christmas is coming up, and I'm trying to get serious about programming. Does anyone recommend any? The areas I want to study: - compiler design -...
[4 replies] Last: I have the Dinosaur Book! (by ResidentBiscuit)
by joel b
computer update

Good day guys! Sorry if this is not related to programming. My computer went off when starting update. After I switched on, it just showed the light and went o...
[3 replies] Last: After I switched on, it just showed the light and went off. This sou... (by Computergeek01)
November 2014 Pages: 1234
  Archived months: [oct2014] [dec2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.