Lounge - October 2014

Whats the point of social networking? (1,2,3)

Honestly, I do not understand why people use social networking. What is one thing about social networking is good? I could just sit here and name all the bad th...
[54 replies] Last: [quote=htirwin]I am sort of creeped out about [insert company name he... (by LB)
Linking in VS 2013

I recently got Windows 7 and I can't get visual studio to link for the life of me. Trying to get SFML working, which I've compiled from source. The example ...
[3 replies] Last: One more thing, sfml-main. I'm not linking to it, it gets named the s... (by Z e r e o)
Alcoholism, otc abuse and dependency

For the last 7 or 8 months I've made some seriously bad decisions. Posting this on a public forum might be one of them. Before I really get started, I think a...
[14 replies] Last: Yeah! Keep it up! :O) (by Duthomhas)
Help please.

So i'm a beginner at C++ and when I master it i'm looking forward to exploiting. Let's use gaming for an example. I want to exploit a game. How do I connect ...
[16 replies] Last: Also, you're going to need lots of goto statements. And pointers to p... (by MikeyBoy)
Anyone know a C++ CMD Console?

It would read commands and initialize them using Command Prompt?
[2 replies] Last: do you mean a c++ repl interpreter? like what python has? (by Little Bobby Tables)
License plate scanners (1,2)

Has anybody seen this? http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2013/07/17/license-plate-scanners-aclu-privacy/2524939/ . I personally think its kind of scary...
[30 replies] Last: Indeed it is, but just because it is privilege doesn't imply that the... (by Disch)
by Disch
Tom & Jerry were pure genius

The title sums it up. Just look at this 25 second clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOp8aL37dQ8 You know the joke is coming. But its delivery is flawless...
[15 replies] Last: @ Disch : Zig and Sharko? It's on Netflix, it's more senseless violen... (by Computergeek01)
How does the OS keep control

I only know the basics about the core of program's and operating systems so at the moment I can't really see how this is do-able. I understand that program's...
[5 replies] Last: Back in the DOS days (when I actually screwed around with this stuff) ... (by Esslercuffi)
COBOL

I have been looking at the COBOL language and have quite a few questions. 1. What the heck does PIC() do? I have seen it used for so much , but do not kno...
[10 replies] Last: COBOL was designed to run batch programs where data was held in magnet... (by kbw)
by anely
C++ Please Help

2. Write a program to act as a Russian Peasant Multiplication Calculator. This program should allow the user to carry out multiplication by just simply multiply...
[3 replies] Last: This should go under the Beginners section, I think you can edit the t... (by S G H)
by lasote
Biicode as c++ dependency manager

If anyone is interested in a modern-cloud way to manage the c++ dependencies of his project I recommend to take a look to http://www.biicode.com and make the ge...
[4 replies] Last: This actually looks really cool. Reminds me a lot of Gradle or Maven. ... (by ResidentBiscuit)
by helios
What's the name of that property...?

...where if B is-an A, then List<B> is-a List<A>?
[4 replies] Last: Covariance, that's the one. Thanks. (by helios)
An interesting optimization that really does make a difference

I know for some that this will seem obvious, but I wanted to share something that I found quite surprising. Often times I read things on "optimizing" your p...
[10 replies] Last: The only time that should make a difference is if your tiles hold more... (by LB)
Failing Searches on the site?

Hey guys, For some reason, at around 7 pm (central time) almost everyday, I constantly get failed searches on this site. Anyone else have this experience? Th...
[2 replies] Last: You're probably right, I guess. It just struck me as weird because I'd... (by geniusberry)
What's the name of a program that help you with "other stuff"?

I mean: (Example) I downloaded exceltocsv.exe . When I making my lovely thousand lines of code, I call exceltocsv.exe myfile outputfile , and I'll use outpu...
[5 replies] Last: @coder777 Not only this case, but like "sendemail.exe yahoo_smtp addre... (by iQChange)
How you doing my lovelies? been learning other languages so I been away and miss you, wheres your heads at these days?

I miss you guys, been a bit busy and I have a free day to sit and code, I just want to know who's on here at the moment and whut projects your on and how youl d...
[3 replies] Last: Still here! Come hangout at out irc.quakenet.org #cplusplus I'm worki... (by ResidentBiscuit)
by LB
Cloud terminals!?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BukjPONmO1w I am blown away. Thoughts?
[3 replies] Last: Thank you for sharing ! I've been looking for something like this. (by a k n)
Who is Duoas?

Who is Duoas? I have seen his posts and I always see people reference him and even saw his engagement announcement on google, so clearly he has some significanc...
[1 reply] : The only staff member is twicker. The rest of us are just enthusiast C... (by LB)
by LB
What all can you do with shaders in OpenGL?

What does this mean? https://twitter.com/TheMogMiner/status/515479546439950336 I know shaders are pretty powerful, and I've seen some of the cool shader pac...
[18 replies] Last: @Disch Glad to see that openGL guide is still spreading, seriously one... (by BlackSheep)
Confused!

Hi, I am fairly new to c++. I have been 'trying' to learn c++ for quite some time now. I am using C++ primer plus to learn. Unfortunately, I get stuck with the...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks again, I think I'll switch to C++ Primer. @ResidentBiscuit - I... (by jub4jive)
October 2014 Pages: 1234
  Archived months: [sep2014] [nov2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.