Lounge - October 2014 (Page 3)

Code formatter/beautifier in IDE

Why don't most IDEs have a formatter/beautifier built in? If you could just click a button on the toolbar and format you code, it would be so helpful sometimes...
[5 replies] Last: You can generally configure the behavior of the automatic formatting i... (by LB)
Website thinks i'm DoSing

I was trying to make some code that would check the value of bitcoin, and got an error. I figured out that I had removed a delay, and it was doing GET requests...
[4 replies] Last: An API or an RSS. Either way, if you're grabbing raw data then you're ... (by Computergeek01)
Just a random thought

Hey guys, a friend of mine(which he likes to be called Cali) suggested to create a system,or,better,lets say a Program, that uses fingerprint scanning(scanned f...
[8 replies] Last: thanks for the suggestion fabtasticwill, much appreciated :) (by Dexterr)
by Mats
Network Programming - Starting out

I would like to start out learning network programming. Are there any books, tutorials and libraries you guys recommend? I would eventually like to get to a sta...
[15 replies] Last: I have a lot of past experience developing (but never finishing) onlin... (by LB)
by LB
Passwordless auth

So, I assume many of you are familiar with two-factor authentication. I'm talking about the kind that, alongside your username and password, you either get a te...
[4 replies] Last: Part of it, at least in my opinion, it that passwords are just so conv... (by fabtasticwill)
by ahcfan
Experimenting with 2d isometric tilemaps, question

In rectangle maps if you want to render only the visible tiles on screen you can loop through the rectangular portion of the tile map array. How does one acc...
[7 replies] Last: If you want to get clever, you can move along the diagonal axis of yo... (by ahcfan)
by ahcfan
Have you ever written a game/engine from scratch? (1,2)

If so, care to share a little about it? Maybe even some screenshots or video?
[21 replies] Last: You know what else uses client-server approach? X Window system. Subsy... (by MiiNiPaa)
by zepher
Why are American movies the best?

Why are American movies the best (for English languaged movies). I am South African and do not really watch any of the locally produced stuff except when it is...
[11 replies] Last: It kind of does though... Popularity is quantifiable, individual pre... (by Computergeek01)
Looking for tutorial for Final Fantasy 1-6 like game

Hello there!!!! So I've been searching far and wide on the internet today, and I cannot seem to find a suitable tutorial for a Final Fantasy like game. Does ...
[16 replies] Last: Avilius: Yea I've kinda given up on finding a tutorial. And I did star... (by twiggystardust)
Beginning C Programming Advice!

Hello everyone, I've finally decided to begin programming and would like to do in my future career. My first language I have decided to choose was the C langu...
[13 replies] Last: Thank you guys so much You have helped me alot I am grateful (by Mizanyo)
by Nezar
template metaprogramming (1,2)

Hello there, I'm not an expert in any kind of compile time computing methods but i know that template metaprogramming provides such a functionality; I've seen ...
[25 replies] Last: Because it hasn't been accepted into any standard yet. I am hoping it ... (by LB)
Just found some really old code on a laptop (1,2)

And by old, I mean this was when I was first learning to program. It made me feel all nostalgic and such. Here it is: int** toListN(int* lst, int length, int n...
[20 replies] Last: ya i wanna see that lol (by Cody0023)
by Nezar
dumb classes

Hi, Is there a member function in the classes that operate on file streams that simply returns the size of the file ? if not, why don't they just implement suc...
[5 replies] Last: The standard doesn't define fstreams as "file streams" in that context... (by IWishIKnew)
Sprites -.- are no where to be found

so... being someone who has no way to pay for someone to make graphics for a 2d game.. i figured i might scrounge up what the internet has to offer free.... ye...
[8 replies] Last: Computergeek01: No That's not it at all what I'm saying. I'm saying ch... (by twiggystardust)
Anyone know anything about OpenGl that can give a guy some insight

Today is not my day. (or the last two for that matter) Moving on. I recently hit a roadblock with running tutorial files created by premake that I think was ...
[3 replies] Last: Ah, yes. I am very familiar with this tutorial. If I recall, I never r... (by Ispil)
C++ Tutor/Group

A friend and I are beginners in the C++ language. Our school does not offer any classes over programming, because they lack a teacher (It's my senior year, I ca...
[1 reply] : irc.quakenet.org #cplusplus A good amount of people from here hangout... (by ResidentBiscuit)
Where to pick up odd jobs for programming?

So, I am turning 14 in a month, and a thought came to me: I am going to be 16 in 2 years. There is no way I am going to be able to afford a car with the job I h...
[12 replies] Last: lol, I am not sure where all that argument came from either. Simple f... (by admkrk)
Any Active C++ groups?

Does anyone know of an active group of C++ programmers that are always willing to talk about and or help answer questions with C++? I am a beginner and would li...
[3 replies] Last: irc.quakenet.org #cplusplus (by ResidentBiscuit)
by Disch
Coding Style: Braces (1,2,3)

I know this topic has been debated over and over and it's largely a personal preference... but I just thought of something on the topic that I've never thought ...
[41 replies] Last: If it had git/Mercurial integration, it would be perfect. Visual Stud... (by Avilius)
Windows 9 being unveiled on Sept. 30 (1,2,3,4,5)

Some of you may know this, but Microsoft is showing Windows 9 off on Monday. I am pretty... nervous to say so the least. This means Windows 7 will soon be i...
[87 replies] Last: lol (by Cody0023)
October 2014 Pages: 1234
  Archived months: [sep2014] [nov2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.