Lounge - November 2018

Interview Advice for first SE interview?

Hi guys, I have my first interview for an entry level software engineer on Tuesday. This is not my first job interview, but it is my first interview for a so...
[3 replies] Last: Not one to speak here.. but Good Luck! ;) Be calm and be confident! W... (by Satan)
by helios
If humans were computers, what would our compilers be?

A compiler is not part of a computer, it's a piece of software. Are your ideas part of your body?
[5 replies] Last: Nwb, this layout looks OK but you left out the OS ( operating system )... (by mycuser)
Does the subject of realistic scaling appeal to you?

You mean like.. Disneyland?
[1 reply] : I see spoon is licking himself again. *SMH* (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
by reggie
Measure code coverage on ARM Cortex-M microcontrollers

Hi, The ARM Cortex-M family is becoming a more popular architecture for microcontrollers. In this article you will see how to measure code coverage on one mi...
[no replies]
Good books for JavaScript & Python?

Hi. I've been dabbling with C++ for a while now and would now like to explore other languages. I've settled with Python and JavaScript. Can anyone recommend me ...
[1 reply] : Can't really say much about Python and JavaScript books. I've only ev... (by closed account z05DSL3A)
Wrote this little program. Feed back please

I wrote a text / txt file encryption program. I was wondering if I could get some feed back on my code. As in the good and bad programming techniques. https:/...
[2 replies] Last: Some thoughts in no particular order: - Indent your sample by 4x more... (by Ganado)
Automotive electronics - IPC APEX exhibition

At the IPC APEX exhibition in 2019, the Hall of Fame Council can host the 'Automotive physical science businessperson Forum' on Gregorian calendar month twenty ...
[no replies]
STMicroelectronics' STGAP2 series

STGAP2DM Gate Driver is that the second product of STMicroelectronics' STGAP2 series of electrically isolated drivers, group action low voltage management and i...
[no replies]
openSUSE: Connecting via RDP?

So, I have never really got on with Linux as a desktop OS. Used it on servers and small SBCs like Raspberry Pi. I have a spare PC and am thinking of setting...
[5 replies] Last: There is xrdp...hopefully that will work. https://software.opensuse.o... (by closed account 1vRz3TCk)
Announcing .NET Standard 2.1

.NET Core is the open source, cross-platform, and fast-moving version of .NET. Because of its side-by-side nature it can take changes that we can’t risk app...
[7 replies] Last: [quote=Thomas1965]Why don't you like .NET ? It's more that I'm board ... (by closed account 1vRz3TCk)
This site is not secure.

I am in Chrome. The address bar says NOT SECURE before the address. Why? Should'nt this be secured for use by students?
[3 replies] Last: The only valuable data this site has access to is your password, email... (by mbozzi)
Code Coverage with QTest

Hi C++ community, Learn in today’s tip how to measure code coverage for unit tests written using the Qt Test framework (or short QTest). The tip is avai...
[no replies]
Forum writer tool working ?

Good morning everyone, I'm new to this forum and I would like to know why the "Preview" function doesn't work properly ? Indeed it gives me a blank area i...
[1 reply] : It doesn't work properly for thread-starting posts, you are correct. ... (by Ganado)
  Archived months: [oct2018] [dec2018]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.