Lounge - September 2014 (Page 2)

Ultimate DirectX book {for beginners}

Game Institute DirectX book is amazing. It is so much better for beginners who are trying to learn DirectX.. Frank D. Luna book reads as though you already kn...
[no replies]
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

[quote=Cheraphy]Off main topic, but on the topic of Douglas Adams. Have any of you guys ever watched the 6 episode miniseries? It stars the actors who did the r...
[9 replies] Last: I was raised on 60s/70s/80s sci fi. Mostly 70s. So Hitchhicker's, Dr. ... (by Cheraphy)
Adv.Programming Course Outline

Ok I am asking you guys to provide me with a course outline... I have a pretty good understanding of c++ base language. My total goal is to really understand t...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks for your post..I don't want to remake directX, i want to use it... (by novellof)
Young Developer Teamspeak/Mumble

I was just wondering if a young developer teamspeak or mumble server existed. It just being for younger developers, like 12-20 years old. If so I would be extre...
[8 replies] Last: I hosted a mumble for about a month... it wasn't active at all. Deve... (by NoXzema)
What is allowed?

In the lounge section, what are we supposed to do? I know you can talk about code, but can you also talk about other thing not related to code? If not, they sho...
[3 replies] Last: I feel so dumb now. I didn't even notice that. Thanks anyways. (by fabtasticwill)
by poteto
What if we did a code auto-formater?

Maybe it could solve the problem of new people not formatting their code.
[3 replies] Last: Maybe it could solve the problem of new people not formatting their c... (by cire)
Graphics Programming Advice (1,2)

Hello all, I come here to post for recommendations from you guys as to what I should do. Here is the situation.. I understand pretty much all the basics of C...
[24 replies] Last: he has some sort of irrational emotional attachment to an inanimate v... (by giblit)
Is a Masters in CS worth it?

I'm in a situation that I'm not sure what I should do. I'm currently done with my degrees in Physics and Applied Math, so I'm taking a few upper level CS course...
[2 replies] Last: Getting into Nuclear Physics Research is near impossible without a PhD... (by dddddddddddddd)
Am I the only experiencing this?

the "cpp.sh" for me is not working. :( Why is this happening? I can't figure out. I'm using google chrome on a windows vista.
[8 replies] Last: Yeah, you can get input on runtime. (by giblit)
by knn9
Microsoft bought Mojang (1,2)

For $2.5 billion. What do you think this means for the future of Minecraft? Will it continue to be community-driven? I hope so...
[32 replies] Last: Some troll Hello, this is Kakashi from Microsoft, here to address s... (by closed account EwCjE3v7)
by LB
Health and Defense (1,2)

I don't understand the point of having health that is outside the range [0.0, 1.0] when you also involve defense. You can display any number to the user and imp...
[25 replies] Last: Won't you have the same problem with shared resilience? You're just s... (by Lowest0ne)
by Aceix
Thinking C++

Hi, I've been into C++ programming for some time now, but I need advice on how to think like a professional programmer. Aceix.
[8 replies] Last: While time management is vital, I don't agree that it in any way under... (by Cubbi)
Json Library?

I'm looking for a good, lightweight library that can parse JSON files for configuration data in my game (along with a tutorial). I want something simple and ...
[14 replies] Last: lol (by Lowest0ne)
by LB
getThreadHijacker() and setThreadHijacker()

http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/142434/ http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/142642/[quote=Disch]> Have fun debugging mysterious NaN and INF values i...
[7 replies] Last: If we define a circle as {p | norm(p - c) <= r}, then a negative radiu... (by helios)
by LB
Exceptions (1,2,3)

(Warning: rant) I think we had a discussion about exceptions before, but I don't remember it going anywhere. http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/142576/#ms...
[53 replies] Last: I decided to check what kinds of exception we use and found out this: ... (by MiiNiPaa)
Calculator problems...

I will tell a story how one problem can lead to another. I am making a calculator which could calculate infinite amount of numbers, just by the user inputing th...
[4 replies] Last: Here's an example for a number pad GUI which is cross-platform and use... (by Stewbond)
Problems with online compiler

I can no longer access the online compiler when I click the gear button. It says Firefox cannot establish a connection. It does it with all my other browsers as...
[10 replies] Last: You also will pass any other compiler flags there such as -wall -st... (by giblit)
Tutorials on Memory are Lacking (1,2,3)

Your tutorials on memory management are lacking a lot of critical information. For starters, you mention how the heap works but you never talk about the stack....
[48 replies] Last: As I see it: in the context of C++, 'undefined' in undefined behaviour... (by JLBorges)
Need help in c# assignment

Assignment is about selection sorting in c# , the part i don't get is Run your program for N = 1000, 2000, 5000, 10000, 20000 and 50000. Note down the numbe...
[3 replies] Last: Sorry , yes you are write booradley but still thanks for the links gib... (by Sharan123)
by Salad7
Your first coding contest/tournament

I feel mindfked even though my group finished 3rd/10th the question itself was basic now that i think about it but at that point in time i was brainfarting. too...
[1 reply] : It seems very straightforward. The only trick is the doors: an interio... (by dhayden)
September 2014 Pages: 1234
  Archived months: [aug2014] [oct2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.