Lounge - September 2014 (Page 3)

Ive seen footage of american police, whats going on in america?? (1,2,3,4,5)

Is there some kind of military coo or are the cops going crazy? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxlL0I5AWLI
[80 replies] Last: Regarding: Black Actress Detained After Seen Kissing White Boyfriend ... (by Alrededor)
by Nezar
Can't modify this !!

Hey there, I recently found out that you can't edit the subject of a thread after it's submitted !! :-o
[3 replies] Last: Well done ;) I actually knew that i just wanned to see if anyone else ... (by Nezar)
Friends

Okay im 13 and in High School (Im in UK so im in year 8), however i don't know anyone who has the same interests as me. Does anyone know how to like find that p...
[7 replies] Last: You could try to find some clubs or classes that involve programming. (by fabtasticwill)
by helios
Friggin' Apple (ads)

So, while browsing an English site, what do you think is the first thing I see every time I reload a page? (in "Spanish") "You are getting paid to learn new...
[6 replies] Last: In C you can get that aliasing optimization by using the restrict ke... (by chrisname)
Documentation on if statements

The documentation in this site's tutorials on if statements does not discuss truthy or falsy values. I had to figure this out on my own when I saw it used on a...
[2 replies] Last: I think it would help to mention it in the section on if statements to... (by msknapp84)
Associate's Degree does it get you jobs?

As a student going to a community college with 1 year of computer science experience, I've been reading online recently that it is difficult for someone with an...
[6 replies] Last: Again, having a portfolio will help you tremendously. Not only showin... (by samthewildone)
by Ceset
Disk Wiping

Most of us are sensitive about our personal informations. I want to understand better this wiping process. No matter what you do with software level one cant...
[12 replies] Last: Thanks Helios. I think IWishIKnew misunderstood much of what I was sa... (by dhayden)
Website Attacks

I know very little about Website attacks or DDoS or something else ? I know one of way to do DDoS is to fill the server with request until it can no longer han...
[6 replies] Last: @ ResidentBiscuit : Nice clarification to that analogy. I should have... (by Computergeek01)
Universal Epoch Time (1,2)

What happened on the 1st January 1970? Who cares? What about 2000? Again, who cares? None of these epochs make sense, they're all so arbitrary. Nothing of note ...
[29 replies] Last: Ok, I misunderstood him. I thought he was saying light travels faster ... (by chrisname)
by giblit
Predicting object position

So I have a static turret that will be shooting a projectile with a constant speed and direction at an object that moves along a predefined path at a constant s...
[15 replies] Last: @Disch That makes a lot more sense. @Ne555 Yes, you are correct. ... (by giblit)
Anyone ever hear of a Middle College?

So last year, I asked my school board if I could skip the grade i am in now (8th grade). They declined, but they sent the president of the board to talk to me. ...
[4 replies] Last: Where I live Z e r e o we had to pay for the dual enrollment classes... (by giblit)
by helios
Garbage collectors

Are there any languages out there with reference counting that also optionally perform what might be called "non-global garbage collections"? For example, v...
[15 replies] Last: As it turns out, it seems I've spent the last week designing Nimrod. h... (by helios)
Getting Started with Network Programming

Trying to get into network programming, but I seem not to have a clear direction on were I should start. I already know what language and library (C++ and SFML)...
[11 replies] Last: Yes, it's a minimal wrapper over your normal BSD sockets. (by Avilius)
Thinking of a new facebook privacy setting called "sociopath", check out my idea... (1,2)

So I recently made a post on elite dangerous that the Devon flag would be an awesome decal, my GF saw it on her public feed because it was an open group, me thi...
[26 replies] Last: I understand that, but if you have to become a different person when y... (by IWishIKnew)
Apple Pay, Google Wallet, and NFC payments becoming common in the USA

Apple announced their answer to Google Wallet. Some editorials * are suggesting it will cause NFC payments to really take off. Between 10 million and 50 mill...
[no replies]
Need advice please

I'm about to finish my Associates in Liberal Arts and want to be a computer programmer. I already know a good bit of C++ but i'm not comfortable with the whole ...
[6 replies] Last: OP you should get your Associate's in computer science and transfer to... (by Wild Man1777)
College Applications

First off I am a high school senior and am from California and am going to be applying to a few California State Universities (CSU). The schools I am looking at...
[1 reply] : Try to include both as long as the scores are not very low. I couldn't... (by Wild Man1777)
Basic Game Design Books

I have a fair understanding of the c++ language and was wondering what is the best book for basic 2D game development. I have never made a game of any time in f...
[1 reply] : had heard about SFML development book (http://www.amazon.com/SFML-Gam... (by Z e r e o)
mvs ultimate 2013

Does anyone know if it is safe to remove Microsoft Visual Studio Ultimate 2013? ( 8 GB )
[7 replies] Last: He (I assume a he) means temporary. (by Ispil)
by LB
Rethinking file access for SSDs

Keep in mind I know next to nothing about how file systems, hard drives, and solid state drives work. A limitation of file access is that there is no way to in...
[2 replies] Last: For some reason I knew that and still wrote what I wrote in my OP. (by LB)
September 2014 Pages: 1234
  Archived months: [aug2014] [oct2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.