Windows Programming - April 2014 (Page 2)

Rieman Zeta Function Program?

Hello All, I realize this problem in particular will be difficult to answer for anyone without a strong math backround, so if you're looking to help out someone...
[no replies]
by PacR
cannot convert from 'System::String ^' to 'System::String'

FILE * myfile1 = fopen ( System::String(textBox1->Text) ,"rb" ); error C2440: '<function-style-cast>' : cannot convert from 'System::String ^' to 'System::...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you anmol2701 & UtherPendragon17 both of your answers is correct... (by PacR)
Shell script runs launched by cmd.exe, crashes launched by code

Hi, I'm doing a GUI for a research lab. They have a heavy-processing shell script that is very useful but that yet needs to be launched console-style. I'm co...
[1 reply] : Problem solved. Easy solution: I had to launch the .exe generated ins... (by Mansurji)
Visual C++ 2010 Express Text file help

Hello, I am currently trying to create a simple form which allows the user to choose the file name and file content; but with it's location pre-defined. Howeve...
[1 reply] : Im new to this and i might not be right but when you see error like th... (by PacR)
VC++: writting in txt file (trouble in loop While).

Hi, I'm wanting insert text in a txt file, but I'm having troubles. When I execute the program txt is created and simply his begin flood infinitely with strange...
[2 replies] Last: copy and paste text from your compiler debug section , we need to know... (by PacR)
windows.h function SetCurrentConsoleFontEx() is missing from windows.h?

I have been tasked to write a windows program using nothing but the console(no window) and the windows.h header file. I want to change the size of the console a...
[5 replies] Last: @Computergeek01: If I remember correctly, I used mingw-get which insta... (by Null)
Error in release version of cURL example

I apologise for asking another question. I was helped in getting cURL to work in this question: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/windows/120990/ Again, I hav...
[3 replies] Last: I also encountered this problem, and if i compile c-ares as static lib... (by monikavier)
Reading from the Excel file to the console

Okay, so I can save data from the program to the excel file. But now, I want it to appear on the console whatever is on the excel file. This is the code that I...
[2 replies] Last: 1) Use the "code" tag to post code, its easier to read for forum membe... (by codewalker)
by thil13
"Expression must have class type" error with Binary Tree class

Here is my code sample for my program: int main() { string word; BinaryTree Address(); ifstream file; file.open("Lincoln.txt"); if (file.fail() ) {...
[17 replies] Last: Well, it works on my end, so I don't know what's going on on your end.... (by long double main)
'GetTickCount64' was not declared in this scope

Hello, I have been researching this without stop for about 8 hours now and am at my wits end! I have the following code: #define WINVER 0x0601 #defin...
[8 replies] Last: You are a life saver! Thank you Modoran! I downloaded that version of... (by DarthCaniac)
Visual Studio Solutions 'n Projects

Can I use VS solutions like this: We assume that I have some game idea and I create some projects for each game. Now I have a solution of game projects these...
[2 replies] Last: OK, thanks. (by dleanjeanz)
by R23MJ
Class Problems

I have been trying to figure out how to use classes, I looked at the references and believe I have used it correctly, the code compiles successfully, but VS13 f...
[4 replies] Last: if you put bool Mail1 = true; or similar in class declaration then t... (by codewalker)
I need some advice on how to start developing a voxel game

So I dont know where to start on making a game. Iv`e heard voxel games are easier to make, and I wanted to try make one. Should i use opengl. If yes how do i ge...
[1 reply] : I personally disagree. Yes, minecraft voxel style is easy to create. T... (by closed account 9jNRX9L8)
Select items from combobox

Hello. I have 3 items in a combobox and for the first one , when i select it i want to receive an error message. How is that possible?
[4 replies] Last: use messagebox to display the message http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us... (by anmol2701)
Detect key "Enter" in textBox

I hope to make something like this: In a form and only one text box in it User can type things in the text box When user press "Enter" that key in keyboard ...
[4 replies] Last: You have to specify ES_WANTRETURN so the edit control input doesn't te... (by kbw)
Help with threading?

I know that to create a thread, you call: CreateThread() Well... I don't exactly know where to go from there. I know you terminate a thread using ExitThread(...
[13 replies] Last: Directing the user to change the IDE/compiler and use std::thread with... (by modoran)
OpenGL glRectf() Not Working!!!

Hi, I am learning basics of OpenGL & I am attempting to use: glRectf() function to draw a basic Rectangle rather than use gl(GL_QUADS) and use 4 lines of cod...
[4 replies] Last: Okay, You are right, it was actually my graphics driver rather than th... (by closed account 13bSLyTq)
Can someone please explain this statement?

Hello am working with Unreal Engine 4 i was just wondering. Can anyone please explain this statement for me? const bool bMatchIsOver = MyGameState && MyGameS...
[3 replies] Last: nullptr is C++11. I still haven't updated so I'll explain it in C++03 ... (by Stewbond)
How to combine console based application with dialog based app visual studio c++

I have an mfc application and it is a simple dialog box that takes in user input and stores that information as separate variables. I also have a separate conso...
[2 replies] Last: You can create consoles in a gui app and windows in a console app. Che... (by ahcfan)
Windows Media Player (wmp)

Does anybody know how to subdue Windows Media Player? When I open a folder, a program or a file wmp rests above the other programs or folders, and I have always...
[1 reply] : Thank you guys and Zwilu! I found how to do it: windows > tools > opti... (by closed account jvqpDjzh)
April 2014 Pages: 12345
  Archived months: [mar2014] [may2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.