Windows Programming - April 2014 (Page 4)

Putting code in time frames

If I knew how to express myself clearly I'd google this stuff, but I don't. So here it goes: I can call Sleep for, let's say, 10 secs, and then execute some cod...
[1 reply] : assuming its windows: 1. create timer using http://msdn.microsoft.com... (by tath)
Help with a program?

So, I am just making something to work with textfields, and am having some trouble. The program is where you enter in your name in an edit box, click a button, ...
[2 replies] Last: Okay, well, I am using Qt because my CodeBlocks compiler doesn't have ... (by AceDawg45)
by anan5
Reading and counting from a text box in visual studio c++ text box

im using visual studio 2010.im new to this.i have a button and a text box. i want to enter a string in the text box.eg:"hello". and if i click the button it sho...
[1 reply] : if i click the button it should count the number of characters in the... (by kbw)
visual c++ express confusion

I have read Visual C++ 2010 express and Visual C++ 2008 express are okay for use commercially. This is great I'm happy. I am confused though the startup screen ...
[2 replies] Last: It's trying to say that you have to register the product. After 30 day... (by closed account N36fSL3A)
by Dioma
_tmainCRTStartup crash. Need advise.

Hi everyone, My question relates to gamedev, but I'am really novice in this area. I'am providing support for a DirectX9/WinAPI game engine. And I faced the nex...
[3 replies] Last: Yep! Thanks, suggestion helped! (by Dioma)
Need vc++ suggestions with the code,anything

Can anyone suggest how to make password with Text instead of numbers! This code works but i'm stuck with this one... Thanks in Advance! { count = coun...
[no replies]
Validate ComboBox Items

Hello. I have a little problem in my win32 api program. I have a combobox with 4 items, item1, item2, item3, item4 and a textbox. The validation is simple, but ...
[2 replies] Last: You're not checking the actual notification code in your WM_COMMAND ha... (by knn9)
Need Ideas!

Ok, guys. I just got done with a major project that took up most of my free time. I'm DONE AND SO BORED NOW. I need Ideas! I specialize in POS/Checkout systems ...
[7 replies] Last: I did make a full POS system, complete with online licensing, etc., an... (by cppultimate)
by RE9741
Winforms Picture box transparency

Hey, I'm trying to make a label that shows a number on an image, however when I set the label's background to be transparent it shows my form's background color...
[2 replies] Last: Assuming your picture has transparency already... This has been ages ... (by BlakeK)
by Jgwman
Passing object ref as constructor param

Hi, I was working on a project today and ran into a strange issue. I was trying to pass a reference to an object of one class (potion) as a parameter of the con...
[3 replies] Last: Hey, sorry I haven't answered in so long. It appears this website's em... (by Jgwman)
Send simple data to ATA port

Hey guys. I hit a wall over here. I found a couple of projects that send complex commands to ATA ports, however I only need to send a series of bits. Basically...
[4 replies] Last: The problem with this is that I can only send predetermined messages. ... (by brreakerr)
by ahcfan
Best way to parse filenames and add to tree-view control?

Given a list of filenames: Path/to/file1 Path/to/file2 Pathto/file3 etc What is the best way to go about parsing all of this and adding it to a tree-vi...
[8 replies] Last: Assign the whole path, all of this: RootFolder1/ RootFolder1/SubFol... (by R23MJ)
Windows 7 (Safe)VGA Ports?

I'm looking at the VgaSafe I/O ports in Windows 7, and I find some ports not listed in the IBM docs: - Port 3B0-3BB: Listed: Just the monochrome operations afa...
[1 reply] : At the very least, this should be in the Windows Programming forum (cl... (by LB)
BIODATA

HELLO GUYS :'( im having a problem. im a first year college COMSCI student here in philippines :'( our teacher just gave me my final examination. please help me...
[no replies]
How much can you do with the GDI?

In game programming we have DX and GL, how much can you do with the native GDI however? Could you create a full AAA FPS shooter for example, or has this func...
[1 reply] : GDI and GDI+ are classed as 'legacy' at best, I would not spend much i... (by closed account z05DSL3A)
Create a special child window

I want to create a sub window, that when it is created, I wont be able to browse back to the previous window untill that window is closed (like, I cant focus wi...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you very much!! (by AmitM9S6)
SendMessage(WM_PRINTCLIENT) to external app?

Hello and thanks in advance for reading. I'm creating a web application that needs some advanced printing capabilities, but since web technologies don't supp...
[6 replies] Last: Thank you VERY much for responding. I don't think I understand enough... (by acicali)
error in visual c++

this is the error i got when compiling visual c++ 2010 , with ogre library."Unhandled exception at 0x552bee58 (msvcr90d.dll) in BasicTutorial05.exe: 0xC0000005:...
[2 replies] Last: Are you including/linking with the ogre library correctly? (by mutexe)
Problem in Colored Object Tracking

IDE: CodeBLocks Opencv Version:2.4.6 Language: C++ Following is the code for yellow color detection, which i was able to successfully perform. #in...
[no replies]
MFC in VC++

Hi everyone I am a new joinee in my Company and I have to work on MFC using VC++ so plz provide me some basic example link so that I can go through that....
[3 replies] Last: http://www.amazon.co.uk/MFC-Internals-Microsoft-Foundation-Architectur... (by mutexe)
April 2014 Pages: 12345
  Archived months: [mar2014] [may2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.