Windows Programming - August 2013 (Page 6)

How to Edit Parameters after __asm{}

Hi, Currently I am developing a application and for that I needed to create a new stack frame using: __asm{ pop ebx push ebp mov ebp,esp push e...
[1 reply] : Are you still working on this OP? I'm curious about how far you've got... (by Computergeek01)
How to prevent users from killing my process???

Hi All, I am making a small program that will monitor a user . . . something like a parental controls security software . . . Now I like to prevent u...
[3 replies] Last: You don't need to hook kernel function calls, this isn't 2001. What yo... (by Computergeek01)
ConvertStringSidToSid ERROR!!! HELP???

Hi All, I recently found out the ConvertStringSidToSid() function and I used it in an app . . . and I included sddl.h accctrl.h aclapi.h windows.h ...
[3 replies] Last: Thankyou very much andywestken! Because of you I have done it YAY! :)... (by closed account 3hMz8vqX)
Moving Window While Working

So I'm working on a hobby program to create specific backups for personal use. I ran into the problem, though, that whenever I attempt to back up particularly l...
[6 replies] Last: By abort my copy thread, you mean the user hitting cancel, correct? I... (by TDSGoldenSun)
How to create a "UAC like confirmation box in C++!" ???

Hi All, Recently I made a new User Account with UAC enabled , okay... Then if I wanted to run any program as admin the screen would be covered with a black ...
[3 replies] Last: Hi All!!! Thankyou everyone who answered!!! Thankyou very much Space... (by closed account 3hMz8vqX)
ListView_SubItemHitTest failure

Hi all, I used ListView_SubItemHitTest in my win32 application to get hit test information about my list control.But its returning -1.What will be the reason...
[no replies]
Arrays

I want to use multiple string arrays. I just started my program and I have an error of 7 `std::string time ' redeclared as different kind of symbol My co...
[13 replies] Last: Why don't people think before they post a thread. Maybe for the sam... (by cire)
Please help me some one...........

In my win32 application i created a dialog box with resource editor and inside that dialog box a list control also(With resource editor).from main window i am s...
[no replies]
missing templates c++ file .cpp and header file .h??

i'am begginer in c++ language. i'm use visual studio 2010 ultimate. the problem is i can't add c++ file(.cpp) and header file(.h). can anybody help me?(sorry fo...
[2 replies] Last: There is no need to repeat the same topic in multiple forums. http://w... (by Zhuge)
by grippa
wstring pointer (or something)

hello i am trying to cut trough this windows jungle of character encodings and diffrent string types and what not. i want to make it easy for me by using wstri...
[4 replies] Last: If you want to get rid of stdafx.h then disable precompiled headers fr... (by modoran)
Select one of the icon or button and hide list of that item in c# windows application

I'm newbie c#.net and i want to develop application in which multiple icons or buttons are show on main dialog head and when user click on one of the icons or b...
[4 replies] Last: i know what c# is and where we are, but its for c++ programming questi... (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
How to use the URLDownloadToFile() Function???

Hi All, I am a beginner in WINAPI C++ and I like to download files from the internet using the URLDownloadToFile() function I did all the syntax and st...
[4 replies] Last: And this version of main.cpp show what you need to do to receive statu... (by andywestken)
PDcurses: kbhit()

I managed to successfully install PDcurses, and am now faced with an interesting problem: getch() is defined by curses, so no problem. kbhit() is not use...
[11 replies] Last: no... i believe in the heard but not seen paradigm from unix. the cons... (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
by ajitm
Behaviour of const_cast??

#include "stdafx.h" int test(const int &i) { int *ptr = const_cast<int*>(&i); *ptr = 5; printf("\n in function %d", i); return 0; } in...
[2 replies] Last: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/357600/is-const-cast-safe (by cire)
by ajitm
why const_cast??

As with help of const_const if some one is going to modify my declared constant object then what is use of const qualifier? I mean how someone ensure that wh...
[3 replies] Last: @Disch: Yeah, you're right, I mistyped what I was thinking. (by Zhuge)
Opening passworded windows files

You can set passwords on windows files so how can you create a program to open those files? I have the password and the reason is so that I can have files that ...
[6 replies] Last: well encrypting images is a little bit different than encrypting txt f... (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
Faster way to compare all vector elements

This sample code takes longer time for larger array size what are the other alternative function i can use to compare if all vector contents are equal. s...
[2 replies] Last: thanks a lot (by jescolta)
by Nckb
String contains utf16... but I want utf8

Hi everybody, I have a string which contains a compressed string. I use zlib to deflate it, but it returns a string not a wstring. In the result, I obtain a...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks for your answers, it was the good way ! (by Nckb)
Editing SubItems in ListView with Win32 API

Hi, I want to edit sub items in a list Control.I was trying to do this with an edit box.ie,Whenever user click on sub item which want to modify, at that place ...
[1 reply] : Please reply.i got a similar application in MFC http://www.codeprojec... (by manjut19)
August 2013 Pages: 1... 456
  Archived months: [jul2013] [sep2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.