Windows Programming - January 2013 (Page 8)

SDL Proplem

while i am compiling the code below it pops: unresolved external:SDL Symbol RWReadFile referenced in function SDL_main what is that mean and how can i fix t...
[12 replies] Last: thanks for your care (by Clearner1)
0.1 ms ping. Is that possible.

Basically, i am playing around on my home network with simple udp server and client and i want measure the ping(how long does it take to send and receive a pack...
[no replies]
Live video feed information display

Hi, I am working on making an arduino project that takes information from a webcam, a temperature/humidity sensor, and a few other things. What I am hoping to a...
[3 replies] Last: Well, one idea would be to look into DirectShow and Media Foundation -... (by Ogoyant)
by nabi
MFC-> setwindowtext

Dear all, I am facing a problem with the function setwindowtext from MFC. Basically, i have a string in a ostringstream which i need to pass it on to a Ce...
[4 replies] Last: Right, So here is how i solved the problem. First of all, i need to ... (by nabi)
Any GUI library which is highly customizable and supports translucent windows?

Hello community, is there any GUI library which is highly customizable and supports translucent windows? I tried WS_EX_LAYERED in winapi (for translucent win...
[14 replies] Last: Aight then. I'll try things out and post results here. (by DaKocha)
Should I get this book?

The book is called "Programming Windows fifth edition" It looks quite old and I am worried it will not be up to date... (I know it sais it is 'up to date' but I...
[9 replies] Last: Just got Hart's "Windows System Programming", 4th edition. Looks promi... (by Ogoyant)
Add shadow to WS_EX_LAYERED

Hi, I have a pop-up window that is centered in my main application. Its purpose is to display an image with some fade-in/fade-out properties. I would like to h...
[4 replies] Last: Okay, I'll just do the shadow myself. Thanks for the answers. Regards... (by Shatronics)
question re default menu width (WinAPI, C++)

I have a C++ application (non-MFC)with a menu on the main dialog. I define the menu in my resource file, and instantiate it via: hMainMenu = LoadMenu(g_hinst,...
[no replies]
How to click an item in listview(Win32/C++)

Dear Experts, I am developing an automation tool(C++) for which I need to write program to Click,Doubleclick on the Listview item by using the Handle of the li...
[1 reply] : If you have the handle, send the message directly using SendMessage():... (by modoran)
Pass String And Back

I want to send a pointer string (c-type strings only, please) to a function and have that function fill the pointer string. I know I can do this by casting the ...
[3 replies] Last: Glad to know and to be of help. Ogoyant (by Ogoyant)
by Hotice
FindFirstFile and FindNextFile

Let's say you have the following declarations: HANDLE h; WIN32_FIND_DATA fd; and you set h = FindFirstFile((dir+"/*.").c_str(), &fd); If you were to use ...
[2 replies] Last: That was what I was asking. (by Hotice)
How to use SDL without VC++?

Hi all, I want to write a program with 2D graphics, so I downloaded SDL 1.2.15. It came with instructions for using it to make a project with VC++ 2005. I had 2...
[1 reply] : Here's a fairly detailed list of instructions for setting it up with V... (by Ogoyant)
Problem with WDK !

Hi, I am learning about creating Drivers and i downloaded WDK form Mircosoft's Official Website and now i have it but i do not know how to add the header fil...
[no replies]
Scroll bar problem

I'm readig <Programming Windows 5th>, chapter 4 , scroll bar, and there's some code puzzles me, I use /** **/ make my problem out. case WM_PAINT : ...
[1 reply] : [quote=ylxin1993]/**why some variable use the qualifier static, and ot... (by Ogoyant)
Dynamic Window Size

Okay, I've come up with this: void SizeWindow(HWND& hMain, int iWidth, int iHeight) { RECT clRect, clWin; clRect.right=iWidth; clRect.bottom=iHeight; ...
[4 replies] Last: modoran wrote: Maybe you should think about handling WM_GETMINM... (by NeckDeepInSyntaxErrors)
January 2013 Pages: 1... 678
  Archived months: [dec2012] [feb2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.