Windows Programming - December 2012

PlaySound(); Problem

Hello all. I've been trying to use the PlaySound(); function with no success. Basically what is happening is i'll build and run the program, the console w...
[6 replies] Last: [quote=modoran]Please consider that is a difference between working di... (by S G H)
by DonMac
cout to Memo1

This my first post to this forum. Many years ago I was given a copy of Delphi 4 and C++ Builder 3 by Borland! I am 91 years of age and I try to program, as a ...
[7 replies] Last: Thank you freddie 1 and Ogoyant for your very quick responses. The 'me... (by DonMac)
How to avoid linker error

Inside General.h #ifndef GENERAL #define GENERAL namespace counternamespace{ int upperbound; int lowerbound; } #endif Inside Analyzer.h #ifndef ANALY...
[no replies]
sigsegv segmentation fault

hello guys, when debugging with GNU debugger i got "sigsegv segmantation fault" error .the program craches whener run. it is simple program which reads integer ...
[2 replies] Last: Regarding vectors -- take a look at the example program for vector::pu... (by Ogoyant)
A problem with -mwindows command

While going through some win32 api tutorials with CodeBlock I was required to add -mwindows into the linkers setting to get rid of the "Undefined reference to G...
[4 replies] Last: That explained so much, thank you Ogoyant. (by Longazan)
OpenGL, SFML or DirectX?

Which way is better? I started learning DirectX about a month ago, but is this a bad idea? Or SFML is better, right?
[2 replies] Last: Thank you for pointing it out. Thank you so much! (by Imadatobanisa)
Program starts unresponsive

I've written a sort of initialization program for another program. This "initialization" program becomes unresponsive immediately after being run. I've looked t...
[19 replies] Last: I've got everything done now, thank you, thank you, thank you (^_^) (by NeckDeepInSyntaxErrors)
infinite loop causing program to crash

I got win32 application, that runs a infinite for loop, which increment a value inside the loop. the problem am having is that my application become unresponsiv...
[4 replies] Last: every time the loop runs, "I's" value is set to zero so it will never ... (by palauan73)
c++

hello everyone can someone help me about array plsss i really need help right now using one-dimensional array. create a program that will count the number of...
[19 replies] Last: Thanks for everything and for codes it helps me a lot thank for all yo... (by closed account 4y79216C)
Any good Hooking PDF or Tutorials

Hi C++ Forums, I am wanting to learn Hooking in C++ and yes i am in need of some References and resources. Please if you find any good Hooking tutorials ...
[no replies]
by Veltas
Localised Strings

Is there an easy way of getting simple localised strings that are bound to be lying around on the OS, e.g. "Error", "Please enter here", etc. Have done some se...
[1 reply] : There is no such thing, you must supply your localized strings with yo... (by modoran)
C++ obj parser

Am trying to create a obj file parser, so far the parser reads a obj file and stores all the vertices into a struct named coordinate.the problem and having is, ...
[1 reply] : Why are you storing pointers in your vectors? Why aren't you storing V... (by Athar)
Non constant member function being called inside a constant member function

#include <iostream> class Hello { public: void Test() { std::cout << "Testing" << std::endl; } }; class Hi { public: Hi() ...
[5 replies] Last: Yeah, That's right, but, you shouldn't call that a 'constant pointer' ... (by S G H)
How can I Pull Current COM Port settings from Windows OS

Hey, I am working on this project where when a user selects a particular com port via a config dialog, the software needs to retrieve the OS COM Port settings ...
[10 replies] Last: Guestgulkan, After doing some test with the Set and Get CommState met... (by tnjgraham)
a simple painting software

My course teacher assigned me a project of Painting software. I have only 3 days to finish it. I am using Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 tools to do it. And I prefer ...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you for your recommendation. I am starting GDI. (by afsar92)
by Denver
Linker Error

#include <iostream.h> #include <conio.h> #include<fstream.h> #include <process.h> int main() { int ch; char x; do { cout <<"Hello And Welcome ...
[1 reply] : For one, your headers are not properly included. Try this: #include... (by Ogoyant)
Getting the source program

I was just wondering, how could I get the program that started one of my programs? Like was it run in cmd? was it run by the OS?
[8 replies] Last: Use an environment variable, set it in your launcher program and autom... (by modoran)
Where to start?

Hi, I am trying to learn how to use c++ to write windows applications. I am familiar with C++ console application programming (Finished a good book and 3 semes...
[4 replies] Last: I am using Ivor Horton’s Beginning Visual C++ 2010, and have found i... (by nesmith)
by Phiru
How to notify a msg to parent window?

I have a dialog and I add a static controller on the dig. The dig class has a OnLButtonDown event and with it i can move the dialog window. However, when ...
[3 replies] Last: I don't have experience with mfc but couldn't just use pParent->SendMe... (by nedo)
Random String Generator in C++

Hi there, I need some help with my code. It is a random string generator which works perfect. However there is one problem. I want to get the string in my memo...
[3 replies] Last: [quote=mausy131]// THANKS FOR THE HELP EssGeEich! Lol, no need at all... (by S G H)
December 2012 Pages: 123... 7
  Archived months: [nov2012] [jan2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.