Windows Programming - July 2013 (Page 7)

Need help with "vector subscript out of range"

I've had a problem for the past couple days and can't seem to find a solution. I am passing in a wstring and a custom Orthography object. The wstring being pa...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you! Changing to "m_Results.back()" worked. And thinking of my... (by Ulfhedhin)
by vinlws
Value changes when passing into a dll function

Recently I am try to consuming a function from a dll. In my program, i have input "00160001" The program take in the value and pop out a message "00160001" ...
[9 replies] Last: I have manage to overcome the problem by set the UNICODE. but after a... (by vinlws)
selecting object on the screen

Pleas give me some idea about screen highlating using mouse.ie,When user dragging the mouse on screen,that much area of screen should be highlite,just like a pa...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks Andy.I tryed BLOCKOUT2.c n got it (by manjut19)
Pulling in external libraries

Major help needed here! Right now I have this project using C++ language to 1. check file extension of a random file needed for investigation 2. extract metad...
[no replies]
What does this mean in C# =-?

I am confuse in what is the function of that in C#: =- ?? Can please someone help me and explain to me what it does in C#? Thanks in advance
[6 replies] Last: Thank you DTScode and Disch for taking the time to answer this questio... (by Dave Jones)
x64 Theory Help?

Hi, I have successfully jumped code segments in order to switch architecture during run-time.This means I only have use of ntdll.dll after switching architec...
[5 replies] Last: Hi, This is all I needed thanks , I will get started and if any help ... (by closed account G309216C)
plz anyone can help

I have assignment to submit tomorrow but I couldn't do it this is the the link for it https://skydrive.live.com/view.aspx?resid=3553129C1FCBC0EA!236&app=W...
[2 replies] Last: thank you... (by bohammam80)
Plotting Datapoints in MS Chart Control

Hi! private : System::Void button1_Click(System::Object^ sender, System::EventArgs^ e) { double^ XValue; double^ YValue; chart1->Series->Add( "Series...
[no replies]
by RobinR
3D buttons like Photoshop

It is my understanding that Adobe Photoshop and Macromedia Fireworks were written in C++. Photoshop was released in 1988 and Fireworks was released in 1998. I...
[no replies]
by dekoom
Looking for some source code written with wxdev-c++

I am a student from Asia. I am learning programming with C++ by reading book.without teacher.(although it is very difficult). I need some source code written w...
[no replies]
How to Buffer a Screen

I'm wondering if there is a way to buffer a screen's contents so that everything will draw at once when I make the final HDC run. (To stop all screen flickering...
[8 replies] Last: Fair enough. (by Disch)
Drawtext function

Hi,I have one doubt about drawtext function.Drawtext function is using for printing some text on the screen of specified rectangle,i think.my doubt is, can i us...
[4 replies] Last: UpdateWindow()function needed or not? InvalidateRect() should gener... (by andywestken)
OpenGL - XY Coordinate Rendering

I've recently been trying to learn OpenGL (the 2d elements of it) for use in games. I know about the glOrtho() function, and how you can reset the rendering coo...
[2 replies] Last: FWIW, you are learning outdated and deprecated OpenGL. I highly recom... (by Disch)
Looking for advice on passing an object into a function.

I'm looking to pass an object (called Orthography) into a function so I can get at the wstring m_Name variable it has. Much of the advice I've been given on th...
[2 replies] Last: It is good to know that I am starting to pick up some of the "best pra... (by Ulfhedhin)
build min heap

hi, i have an assignment about building min heap restricting duplicate values. can anybody write a simple c++ program to build min heap restricting duplicat...
[1 reply] : Here is a novel thought...try doing it yourself. You may actually lear... (by closed account z05DSL3A)
question about wstring indexes

I'm trying to feed a wstring into a function and in that function I am wanting to check what each character is in that wstring. But when I run the program I am...
[14 replies] Last: @andywestken Thank you for the detailed explanation. (by naraku9333)
Draw a rectangle in game

hi, i am trying to draw a rectangle in a game, but it doesn't work. here is my code: HDC hDC_Game = GetDC(gameWindow); //HWND RECT rect = { xCen...
[1 reply] : Every time you resize the window, or drag something over it... or do s... (by Disch)
taking snapshot of a window

my friend has a program in VC++ 6. He wants to take snapshot of the window except the title bar when a button is clicked. And also take a snapshot the window u...
[8 replies] Last: snipping tool..duh (by closed account EwCjE3v7)
Dialog window grayed out

I'm working on a small program and I have a dialog box that is grayed out and I can't figure out why. The only thing on the window that will highlight is the X...
[5 replies] Last: But what about my main window? According to Petzold HEXCALC sample, ... (by andywestken)
Need help with send() & recv(), Win Socketing.

Hey, I just recently got into Win Socketing and I have a chat server/client setup up. And it works, but it only sends the first word of a message (The message h...
[9 replies] Last: Huh, yep, that's what I meant. And I expected you understood what a we... (by S G H)
July 2013 Pages: 1... 56789
  Archived months: [jun2013] [aug2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.