Windows Programming - July 2014 (Page 4)

Having a little trouble

So I've been trying to check if a Window is available but I have had no success yet. This is all I got done #include "stdafx.h" #include <iostream> #include <...
[1 reply] : That isn't quite right. You'll need to use one of these methods. Enum... (by kbw)
Get Key Pressed if Program is minimized

Heyho Guys! I am a very new C++ programmer, so I'll problably going to ask a lot of questions the next few weeks. My first question is this one: I want t...
[12 replies] Last: Ideally this application is not a console one (console works just for ... (by modoran)
How to create multiple images in a single window using win32api and c++ (1,2)

I have splitted my Application window into two using createWindowEx().Now i have two windows...In my First window I need to display images as list of thumbnails...
[25 replies] Last: Please someone help me to proceed Thanks (by gopikanna)
Help with locating fonts

Im using SFML 2.1 on Codeblocks and i want to use arial text on my window but i cant find a way of accessing the arial font with my code. I tried putting the fo...
[no replies]
by Garion
Which Book to Buy?

I'm thinking about buying a book on windows programing but I'd like some advice on if there are any books worth buying. Could it possibly be better to continue ...
[1 reply] : Follow Petzold with Windows via C/C++ Jeffrey Richter, Christophe Nas... (by closed account z05DSL3A)
search for files and Libraries in dll file

Good morning everyone, First of all, many thanks for your assistance on here one way or the very other. Now as the subject implies, I want to search for f...
[no replies]
How to- Assign Default Folder: IFileDialog

Hey there, I need your help. I'm trying to set the default folder of a IFileDialog instance and I'm having trouble getting the char array containing the pat...
[1 reply] : This is an example of how to use MultiByteToWideChar. Replace CP_UTF8 ... (by modoran)
How to create a magnifier tool in c++ and win32 api

That is In my image window i need to magnify the portion of image as i move the mouse pointer. Someone help me to proceed this. Thanks
[3 replies] Last: If all you want is to magnify only your application window then you ca... (by modoran)
How to assign an event function to multiple objects?

Hi, I am new to event driven programming. I have some checkboxes set to button-style and ThreeState true. Then I found that the checked state and the inde...
[1 reply] : Got it somewhere else. Use safe_cast and assign the event function to... (by veryoldgd)
RegQueryValueEx Problem

I'm trying to retrieve a value from the registry. InstallDate is a REG_DWORD value and GetInstallDate returns true, but returnstr is "0". return_size is 4 as wo...
[5 replies] Last: That solved my problem, thank you. (by DrZoidberg)
by mrm63
SolidWorks -> openGL

Hi everyone, Just a quick question. If I wanted to design an object in SolidWorks, and then output that object (I guess as a .stl file), is it possible to op...
[no replies]
CDialog::DoModal returns -1

Overview: I have 2 utilities and both have same common interface i.e. open a dialog box to "request for username". The code for "requesting username" is writt...
[no replies]
by tec23
LoadIcon question

//resource.rc WindowIcon ICON "MainIcon.ico" TabIcon ICON "AltTab.ico" //These are declared globally HICON hWindowIcon = 0; HICON hTabIcon = 0; I have thi...
[1 reply] : Use LoadImage with LR_SHARED flag and forget about destroying the icon... (by modoran)
Calculating Standard Deviation in C++

I have a csv file with three numbers, e.g. 45 65 76 I am using the below program to calculate various statistics in the file, one being standard deviat...
[1 reply] : looks like a continuation of http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/general/13... (by Chervil)
SDK with C++?

I know the very basic knowledge of c++. I need to create windows application which needs to be done with Platinum SDK. How do i interact with SDK in c++? Cou...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks for the instant reply. I'll go through as per your advice. But,... (by rselvan)
Weird if behavior, what is the magic behind gcnew(or may be something else)?

I have managed to make this piece of code work, I just want to know what was happening behind the scene. Such problems always make me freak out... //heade...
[2 replies] Last: After rethinking this piece of code... Why did I have to call RegQuer... (by veryoldgd)
by sambos
Passing data between forms

Hi, The program that I've been working on requires one form (e.g. Form2) sending data to a second form (e.g. Form1). I have followed the following post: ...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks Grey Wolf! You suggested code worked well. It took me a litt... (by sambos)
[win32] - getting child controls from it's parent

i'm trying doing a class for getting the child parent controls: class ChildControls { private: vector<HWND> childcontrols; UINT childcontrolsindex...
[16 replies] Last: after execute the form isn't showed and then i get these ouptup messag... (by Cambalinho)
Retrieve registry key value compile error

Hi, I am trying to retrieve a specific key(i.e. I know the key name) from registry. Firstly I want to see if I can open the key successfully, but I am stuck ...
[3 replies] Last: OK I got this now... Simply get rid of all those #defines, keep only ... (by veryoldgd)
fatal error LNK1215: metadata operation failed (80131192) :

Hello, Im making a little game just to practise my skills. Today I was playing around with little changes in the code and suddenly Im not able to compile my pro...
[4 replies] Last: Is value structName.thing or is it structName substruct? (by AIa43)
July 2014 Pages: 123456
  Archived months: [jun2014] [aug2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.