Windows Programming - June 2013 (Page 4)

winpcap c++ and ipv6

Hello... It might be a simple enough problem, but I'm stuck solving it for two days now. I've been trying to apply an ipv6 filter on winpcap, the device is open...
[no replies]
Is it possible to find which appliction sends what packets?

Hi guys Imagine that I've written a packet sniffer to scan my network activity as Data mining purpose. I'm curious is it possible to find out the applicatio...
[3 replies] Last: I don't know how this function alone will get you the EXE file which s... (by modoran)
how can client retrieve vector list from server?

i have a client application that needs to connect to servers from anywhere so to do this i'm trying to create a master server. this master server saves the othe...
[5 replies] Last: std::string recvbuf; for (size_t i = 0; i < vectorBuf.size(); i++) {... (by modoran)
by SulPC
Custom Executable Icon

Could someone please exsplain to me how to change the default executable file icon, I read that a resource file should be used but I can not see how to achieve ...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks, I will give this a try and let you know how I get on in a day ... (by SulPC)
Autoscale

Can you autoscale in windows application form with GUI, if so how?
[6 replies] Last: Yes, I am using .NET. Thanks for your help anyways! (by epd5030)
anyone familiar with QT

I am debating on using MFC or QT for windows development. Is QT opensource(free) or is there a fee involved for compiler? can QT develop windows 7 and windows 8...
[6 replies] Last: Wow... I really forgot to mention wxWidgets! Thanks dude! Since he is... (by Mitch)
Serial Port Communication Help

I have a device that I would like to operate from a computer. The device is connected to the computer through a COM port. What I need to do is send to the de...
[3 replies] Last: So, are you sure that you can communicate with the serial port at all?... (by coder777)
Opening and Reading .doc/.docx files

I know how to read the text of a simple text document (.rtf/.txt) by using an ifstream and appending each line, but .doc or .docx files will read as something l...
[1 reply] : .doc(x)s are not plain text; you will have to interpret and parse the ... (by firedraco)
c++ & mobiles

hello , I really want to make mobiles apps like games ... etc and Idon't know what should I do , please help me or give me an advice and thanks for you
[2 replies] Last: A large amount of them support C. Even more (new ones) support Java ME... (by Mitch)
sprintf

Hi, My intension to copying word value in its hex code format in to a TCHAR array Please help me to correct the following code.Finally i need an output of 90 ...
[2 replies] Last: Ok.I will try tat one (by manjut19)
Exception handling on Release mode

Hi, In my win32 application code exception is coming when i am running in release mode.But working fine when running on debug mode.How can i handle the excepti...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you for your reply.I will make all variable to initialized & wil... (by manjut19)
by herold
Need suggestions on project.

Hello friends, I am developing new project. It is based on Windows API. I need your suggestions on my code.I have not much experience of coding. Kindly...
[no replies]
Change Background Color

Here is my code so far: // Colored Hello World.cpp : main project file. #include <stdafx.h> // Used with MS Visual Studio Express. Delete line if using someth...
[4 replies] Last: Have a look at FillConsoleOutputAttribute, as I suggested before. Tog... (by andywestken)
by Phiru
I am making chatting based on WinSock.

I am using TCP and the function of my app is just to send/recv msg. Generally it works fine, but i have a question about send/recv packet. How can I make...
[2 replies] Last: Please see the difference between transportation and application layer... (by tath)
by wmac
VStudio 2012, Watches don't work for some variables

Hello everyone, I am trying to debug a C++ program but suddenly the Visual Studio 2012 does not show the values of variables (I am at the red break point in ...
[1 reply] : Are you debugging a release or debug configuration? A release configu... (by cire)
Input/Output files giving me issues

so i am writing a program that takes in a bunch of information about an employee and will eventually save this information to a txt file. Essentially I add a wh...
[no replies]
GUI Creation Problem

Can someone tell me about how to do this :- 1.I created a window and a child button.Now I want to colour the button. 2.I created a window and a child button...
[5 replies] Last: My last response explains how it must be done using the Win32 API. Tha... (by andywestken)
C++ and some type of SQL Database

Hi there. I am an experienced programmer from outside of the windows world. I have dabbled in C, but wanted to take the summer to delve deeper. I am curious if ...
[2 replies] Last: SQLite is very popular, but it is mainly used for handling local datab... (by andywestken)
by Phiru
PretranslageMessage...

I have a dialog which has three buttons in it. In order to know the mouse position when the point is in the buttons, I put the PreTranslateMessage in the ...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks andywestken. It helps me out. (by Phiru)
by S G H
Group of Radio Buttons

Any chance I'm able to enumerate the Radio Buttons controlled by a Group element? Like: BOOL CALLBACK MyFunc(HERP derp) { return 0; } HWND ...
[5 replies] Last: :O (by S G H)
June 2013 Pages: 123456
  Archived months: [may2013] [jul2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.