Windows Programming - November 2012 (Page 4)

Win32 Line Drawing using C++

Hi Guys Desperately need help. I'm currently attempting to get Win32 Console Application to draw a line in the window...and for the life of me I cannot ge...
[3 replies] Last: Also from YouTube.com Console Tetris http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=... (by andywestken)
Pthreads in windows?

Hi! I just got a new laptop that came with windows, always used linux prior to this. What do I need to get to be able to compile and run pthreads in c/c++ on...
[3 replies] Last: Yes. But there's the more-or-less port, POSIX Threads for Win32, to ... (by andywestken)
Did the server receive my send?

If this is in the wrong forum I apologize. I'm working with winsock to send a request to a server via the send command. I'm then supposed to receive the respons...
[11 replies] Last: Well, it working and I'm almost positive my problem isn't C++ related ... (by librisrouge)
by h4344
ofstream .open() wont open a file

Im trying have have a user specify a filename that they want to open but for some reason it wont allow me to put a simple string varible in as a param for File....
[1 reply] : Passing a std::string to open is allowed in C++11. To concatenate two ... (by Peter87)
How to get my own IPV4 address

Hi, I am an learner in C++ Network programming anyway i want to find my IPv4 address but not 127.0.0.1. Please help.
[12 replies] Last: If you have a working example of getaddrinfo(), would love to see it,... (by andywestken)
DirectX player States help

Hi, I am in the middle of working on a game right now utilizing the DirectX9 library. I am working on my player first and was doing good with the button presses...
[7 replies] Last: Glad to hear it helped reptilenut77. Yes, if you intend to have "fire"... (by Ogoyant)
registry removing

hi everyone :) Ive got problem with func RegDeleteKeyA(). Ive created some registry but when I try to remove it with this dunc I get error, returing 2, which...
[5 replies] Last: oh thanks, now I understand. I got some mess in my registry knowledge ... (by julof26)
How to make connection between two different networks.

Basically, i have my code for connecting server-client on local network, but how do i make them to connect over different networks? I using udp btw.
[3 replies] Last: It's not an application issue, nor a TCP/UDP issue. It's an IP routin... (by kbw)
Getting a borderless console window. (WS_POPUP?)

So what I'm trying to achieve is a borderless console window. The simplest and most obvious thing I could think of was to use SetWindowLongPtr(hWnd, GWL_STYLE,...
[5 replies] Last: Just tried it. Doesn't change a thing. (by closed account 4SEvC542)
by h4344
EnumProcessModulesEx Not Declared In This Scope?

Not sure why but im getting 'EnumProcessModulesEx' was not declared in this scope. This is what i have #define LIST_MODULES_32BIT 0x01 EnumProcessModulesE...
[8 replies] Last: Use Mingw-w64 from http://tdragon.net/recentgcc/ as your compiler, th... (by modoran)
Time zone information of other countries

Dear all, Could anyone tell me how to get time zone information of other countries rather than the timezone of the program running? I know how to get the ...
[1 reply] : You may need to modify for daylight savings time changes /* gmtime e... (by SamuelAdams)
by heepoo
I need header files for designing my program

Hi all i have gtk and it's not fun for me if you have any header, please upload it for me or give a link thank you.
[2 replies] Last: I don't fully understand the question. Can you not find the header fil... (by Torin)
system("cls") in windows forms

Hi i want a function like system("cls") for windows forms Thanks for your help
[4 replies] Last: Thank you (by andrewsaad)
Adding Items to Combo Boxes via WIN API

I successfully created a combo box using the CreateWindow function. However, I can't figure out how to add items to it. After searching the net, this is what I ...
[2 replies] Last: guestgulkan, You are right on the money. The height of the window was... (by dominicanjb)
C++, VBA and Shell comand problem

Hi, I know this is sort of off topic but I have not been able to find a answer anywere I have looked. I have written a little program called SSTe.exe. When...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks webJose, this actually got me to a working solution. Even thou... (by benbehr)
Where to start?

Hi friends, I'm a newbie here. I don't know 'm asking this in the right place. I am now almost familiar with c++ console programs (classes, array, pointers et...
[2 replies] Last: I've posted some material here, including a relatively painless introd... (by freddie1)
Loading and unloading WinIO64.dll

So currently spent 2 days on this and developed a migraine as well :) (yay). I have found in my program loading the DLL (LoadLibrary) and initialising it wo...
[9 replies] Last: Interesting If I just don't call ShutdownWinIo() everything works. (by banburybug)
MBR display

hello.How do I display information about master boot record.help me.
[6 replies] Last: http://www.codeproject.com/Questions/279229/Code-in-C-to-Access-the-ma... (by guestgulkan)
by TTT
List Box

Hi, I have List Box and I wonder if I can set distance between lines of list box ?
[2 replies] Last: I think I should do it in WM_DRAWITEM but don't know how to do it (by TTT)
by h4344
Trying to use keyboard space input if a condition is met

Im trying to auto press the space key on the keyboard if a certain if statement condition is met. Its really that simple i just have no idea how to go about doi...
[1 reply] : You could send or post yourself a WM_CHAR message; Example: PostMes... (by guestgulkan)
November 2012 Pages: 1234567
  Archived months: [oct2012] [dec2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.