Windows Programming - September 2014 (Page 2)

by wlock
Resume Ability for a simple Download Manager (C++ - WinInet)

Hello I'm writing a very simple download manager which just can Download - Pause - Resume, how is it possible to resume the download from the exact point of...
[2 replies] Last: Thx my friend (by wlock)
create service

Hello.I try to create a service. int _tmain (int argc, TCHAR *argv ) { SERVICE_TABLE_ENTRY ServiceTable ; ServiceTable .lpServiceName=L"My Sampl...
[11 replies] Last: [quote=Computergeek01]Services are weird, they're PE's but they can't ... (by modoran)
Need help with 2 linker errors

First /NODEFAULTLIB switch is on, /ENTRY:main is also set Platform is Windows 7 x86 but will also target x64 as well plus needs to support Windows XP for time ...
[1 reply] : Managed to resolve the issues, for those who have similar problems I'l... (by awsdert)
C++ DLL and CertFindCertificateInStore

I have been struggling to read a certificate in windows store from C++ DLL, but its not happening. from console application I can but when same code built as a ...
[no replies]
by tec23
Can I initialize Win32 structures array style?

I know a lot of people do this WNDCLASSEX wc; wc.cbSize = sizeof(WNDCLASSEX); wc.cbClsExtra = 0; wc.cbWndExtra = 0; wc.hIcon = LoadIcon(NULL, IDI_APPLICATION)...
[1 reply] : You can do this, but the first is more readable, so it's preferable in... (by denormal)
by TerryM
Seeking Advice/Guidance in Window UI development and tools

Hi, This is my first posting at codeproject.com, so I apologize in advanced for any mistakes. I want to develop a simple C++ applications which can run for W...
[no replies]
building a widnow driver

Hello all. I'm trying to build/install/run a driver. Visual studio 2008,wdk 7600,windows 7 x64. So I took this example I found on the web: #include "nt...
[6 replies] Last: Look at that, I had the answer bookmarked this whole time: http://msdn... (by Computergeek01)
Forcing an application to front

Hello I recently began developing a virtual desktop style application similar to "Dexpot". www.dexpot.de essentially my program offers the ability to dis...
[no replies]
Is there a Win32 version of itoa?

To be clear what I mean is does Win32 provide something like IntToStrA in it's api, for now I have a custom version but that requires added code (which I would ...
[8 replies] Last: I get what you're saying but that's a separate method altogether and d... (by awsdert)
c++ - win32 - my image class

i'm trying reading a ICO file an draw it: HDC hdcimage=NULL; HICON hicon; HICON hiconimage; hiconimage = (HICON)LoadImage(NULL, filename.c_str...
[9 replies] Last: now i'm trying draw the cursor: //create the transparent icon handle ... (by Cambalinho)
"Live Widget" service, test it now.

Hello, my name is Dor, and I'm the marketing manager of Miranor, a software company that develops products and services for programmers. We would like to invite...
[no replies]
What does it mean?

Error 2 error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals Error 1 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall Circle::Circle(class Point,int)" (??0Cir...
[1 reply] : I would guess you have a header file that declares a constructor for a... (by Zhuge)
c++ mutex header and windows header conflicts

Hi, When I try to include the header of mutex (#include <mutex>) after the windows one(#include <Windows.h>), all windows variables get destroyed, and the co...
[9 replies] Last: Thanks! That solved it! (by Gomitung)
by rasha
c++ simple code for source code analysis

i need to write simple code that can be used for static analysis for c++ programs. the code should revive the c++ code for any program. then extract input vari...
[3 replies] Last: I guess step one is knowing for sure that the code is actually written... (by Computergeek01)
Code::Blocks .c extension issue

Hello. I was recently testing out the "hello world" program in Code::Blocks using C. When setting the project up I chose C as the language, yet the file exte...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks Chervil, I see that now. (by Bogeyman)
by stfu01
Please help me how to do this output using "while" statement !

Develop a C++ program that will determine whether a department-store customer has exceeded the credit limit on a charge account. For each customer, the followin...
[3 replies] Last: I mean you hardly will find someone to develop to you even a very sim... (by Computergeek01)
Local Network Data

Using Visual C++ Windows Forms application I have written a program that is meant to store data anywhere from 30 minutes to 12 hours and runs in the background ...
[2 replies] Last: You setup a local network share with the netshare API. As for recogniz... (by Computergeek01)
WM_CTLCOLOREDIT and GetWindowText()

I use the WM_CTLCOLOREDIT message to set the colour of the text in my edit controls to a custom value when they hold no user-generated data. BOOL On_WM_CT...
[no replies]
Wrinting a function to a running process

I know the basics of capturing process info/handle so you can skip that, what I need to know is how I go about writing an executable piece of code to the proces...
[12 replies] Last: Never mind, I found a way to pass the pid to the process directly: /... (by awsdert)
The new 'Split Button' control style.

'Split Button' seems to have been around for quite a while, but there is very little concrete reference material on it that I could find - from a pure Win32 per...
[3 replies] Last: Ah I see! well in that case, yes you could handle the BCNDROPDOWN noti... (by duky)
September 2014 Pages: 1234
  Archived months: [aug2014] [oct2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.