Beginners - March 2013 (Page 82)

by DELB
Linked List Help

Hello, I'm working from this example: http://www.cprogramming.com/tutorial/lesson15.html However, I'm not sure how this works; if ( conductor != 0 ) {...
[8 replies] Last: I tell ya what would be useful... if someone could expand on the code... (by DELB)
c++

what is mean by try and catch in c++?
[2 replies] Last: Control reaches the try statement by normal sequential execution. ... (by prem waghmode)
Script to download sources, make, and build

I've been working with SFML and SFGUI lately and I would like to keep my libs up to date with the latest sources from their respective repos. I'm using mingw an...
[1 reply] : So after spending most of the day googling and reading I've come up wi... (by Deftwun)
Add string value to array

Inside a while loop, I have an array of CAPACITY = 32, and 16 string values/elements in the array. When I add a string value via if (current_size < CAPACI...
[1 reply] : give us the rest of the code so that we can see the whole thing like w... (by kohlh)
getline?

Okay, I have tryed to solve this problem for some hours now but can't get it correct. I still don't get the function getline to work. The last couts will appear...
[1 reply] : #include <iostream> #include <windows.h> #include <conio.h> #include ... (by vin)
Need help with very simple C++ program

Okay, this is a very simple "Calculate the area of a triangle" question for an intro to Comp Sci class. The program works fine. I added a loop to ask the us...
[2 replies] Last: Uhgh. The program is working fine as is. It was the Dev C++ debugger... (by AARRGGHHH)
hashtable question

for an open-adressing has table using linear probing for collision resolution, what is the average time complexity to find an item with a given key? also sam...
[no replies]
getline() doesn't end input

string str, temp; char c; cout << "Insert the character that ends the input:" << endl; cin >> c; cout << "Insert the string:" << ...
[no replies]
string.getline() doesn't work

I wrote: string test; getline(cin, test); I should be able to put into the string "test" a whole line of input, am I right? However, it doesn't ev...
[7 replies] Last: Still the same problem. I mixed up the extraction operator ">>" with t... (by fpiro07)
Mysterious variable assignment

Hello. As the title suggests, I'm having this weird bug where an int var is being assigned a number that I didn't specify. It's on a Maze game project I'm makin...
[1 reply] : for (int count=0;count<3;count++); { ... (by Chervil)
Finding the min and max

Hello all. I wrote a program that gives me 100 random values from the range between -100 to +100. How am I supposed to find the minimum, maximum, and average of...
[1 reply] : If you can't use arrays then you just have to implement checks for the... (by MrHutch)
Question about deleting Node by value function.

So I made this function to delete node by value. But if the value of the node that I'm trying to delete doesn't exist, it crashes. Does anyone know how to fix t...
[2 replies] Last: Even after doing that, it crashes. void deltarget (int value) { ... (by Jas Singh)
How does the whole process really work?

Hi! I'm currently on lesson 8 of this C++ tutorial series: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dViOxoQu64k I was very curious, as my dream job is being a game en...
[1 reply] : how do games really work? This is a very broad question so it's har... (by Disch)
by Ratzer
Ball stuck in movement

So I am making a game of pong. I just want to make my ball bounce around the screen. I can get it moving fine if I put this code in if(iPongBallX + iPongBal...
[3 replies] Last: Need help on something else now though. How would I add to that code t... (by Ratzer)
by skace
Sine rule problems.

Hello, I am trying to make a program that can use the sine rule to calculate the missing side of a triangle. However, the program keeps returning incorrect answ...
[10 replies] Last: Thank you! :) (by skace)
by Arayil
multiple source files

Hi, I've been seeing people declare a class in a .h file, then define it inside a .cpp file. I thought that seemed like good style so I tried to so it as well b...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks, Framework! (by Arayil)
by Foxy
Help

Hello, I don't know how to find the sentence with the least number of words, I figure out how to count the words, but I don't know how to use strlen and strc...
[no replies]
terminate after std::out_of_range, what erase();

In my code there are three uses of the erase function in my procedures. But I keep getting the following error message. terminate called after throwing an inst...
[11 replies] Last: Thank you @Cubbi that worked great! (by ecburges)
...stuck on a book problem

This one is from Prof. Horstmann. I just can't put together the idea he has set up as a programming book excercise. I hope that there is somebody out there who...
[2 replies] Last: Yeah, it would seem as if he dumped out all the parts, leaving but jus... (by marecrisium)
by moot1
idea

can you guys please give me a program idea that will take me a couple of hours to do not simple but not advanced like it can use loops and stuff thanks
[2 replies] Last: try making a question answer program, or if your that bored like a rid... (by no names232)
March 2013 Pages: 1... 8081828384... 87
  Archived months: [feb2013] [apr2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.