General C++ Programming - August 2012 (Page 28)

by dem7w2
Runtime error using cout after ifstream

I've been working on one little bug for the longest time (a few hours yesterday and I'm starting again today). I know the exact line of code my program crashes ...
[8 replies] Last: Thanks for the reply rapidcoder. I rewrote my loading functions and no... (by dem7w2)
Calling a function and Passing Data

I'm having some trouble retrieving the data from my void function calculations. When the program asks the user to enter the calculation type (switch function)in...
[10 replies] Last: Programming is a hobby of mine, but it acts as entertainment, and stre... (by Volatile Pulse)
Assigning one class object to another class object.

Hi, I have two classes derived from same class as below: class Base { //member functions }; class Derived1 : public Base { }; class Deriv...
[19 replies] Last: You are trying to assign a cat to a dog, ¿what the hell do you expec... (by helios)
average estimated time

while ( nummessage > 0) { // start time ptime t1 = boost::posix_time::second_clock::local_time(); // function Readlogs(start,incrementer,h,m_pathname);...
[1 reply] : Store the last X times in a deque or circular_buffer and take the aver... (by Athar)
Custom output formatting for built-in type

Hi all, I need to change the output format of certain (built-in) types - e.g., doubles - into a custom format (say a base64 encoded version respecting byte ord...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks for the super-fast reply! I went with the num_put facet and a g... (by C Plus Plus)
Help with this program?

Hey guys I'm new here and I'm sorry for bugging you all but I've had some problems with this program we are assigned to work on. This is the project: The ...
[1 reply] : I ran the program and it output: 1 123 2 134 3 122 4 128 5 116 6 96 7... (by dem7w2)
help me to converting a char (-) into an operator (+) (1,2)

Anyone help me.i'm trying to convert a char (+) inputed by the user into a c++ operator (+)
[33 replies] Last: Nope. Not a word... (by viliml)
changing directory and running linux commands in c++ code

Hi, I want to run linux commands from my c++ code. and before running these commands i need to change the directory as well. any suggestions how can i do it.
[1 reply] : Look at chdir(2) (by kooth)
need help in how to remove vowel from the string?

this is the program to remove vowel from the string. i am having problem in this code. It's not giving any error. and not working. can any1 help me with this co...
[5 replies] Last: it's a garbage value which generally occur due to memory leaks or impr... (by HiteshVaghani1)
generate list of random numbers without dup

I want to find any plain and efficient way, thanks.
[5 replies] Last: #include <vector> #include <cassert> #include <algorithm> #include <s... (by JLBorges)
spell-testing for VG prototyping

Hi all y'all C++'ers. I'm going to come right out and say that I don't know much of anything about programming. I'm a student of Video-Game Production, working ...
[1 reply] : something like that would take either a high level graphics API and a ... (by Zephilinox)
c++ pointers not being respected

Hi, I have a problem, I have a code with threads (boost thread group) and this pointer ppa::Node *root; is there, now the pointer is being created in the ...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks I found the problem, the address of the pointer was the same is... (by Pedro Alonso)
Need a bit of an explanation

Here's a class declaration. I spent too much time learning UnrealScript that I'm having a brain fart. This is declaring WavPlayerEditor which is derived from AE...
[8 replies] Last: It's possible to call a specific base class constructor when implement... (by TheIdeasMan)
Linking .cpp Files

Hi! I have made many small apps. A calculator, a game and many more, all text based. I want to make an app that lets you decide what app you want to use. So if ...
[9 replies] Last: u need the header: #include <cstdlib> (by soranz)
Quadtree - Finding the coords

I'm trying to make a simple 2D voxel quadtree engine that uses as little memory as possible i.e one bit per voxel, which I know can be done. The major problem I...
[1 reply] : 4 8 16 Those are powers of 2 So something like 2^(BranchNumber+1) I ... (by BrokenSilenceDev)
Opengl circular lighting

I have looked around and found lots of examples involving cone-sized flashlights and shadow handling, but I haven't seen much that simply explains how to create...
[2 replies] Last: Ok thanks for the advice, will try it out. (Pretty new to opengl so wi... (by Hippogriff)
by Puriel
World Maps for gaming

I am looking to create some fairly simple games in the Genre or Risk etc. Since I am pretty low level at writing code I wanted to ask about creating a world ...
[5 replies] Last: The API I was thinking of trying out for this kind of task is CLUTTER.... (by htirwin)
Computer Improved Guessing Inteligence

Why isn't this working? I know its not right but I thought it out and still not working. I'm trying to make it so if the computer has guessed a lower number tha...
[4 replies] Last: (rand() % max) = 0 to max (not including max) (rand() % max) + min = 0... (by Zephilinox)
DarkGDK Question

I don't know if anyone knows this but what do I need to include along with my exe and graphics/sounds to have my friends run my game on their computer. I know t...
[3 replies] Last: SxS came after my time, but you're supposed to be able to use sxstrace... (by Athar)
by sdj
C plus plus template inheritance

template <class Type> class counter { public : counter(Type N=0) { data = N; } void increment(Type D=1) { data += D; } }; template <cla...
[2 replies] Last: It is called that to pass argument N that is specified in the derived ... (by vlad from moscow)
August 2012 Pages: 1... 262728293031
  Archived months: [jul2012] [sep2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.