General C++ Programming - August 2012 (Page 28)

ceil() working improperly

The following code outputs 1 , which is incorrect... #include <iostream> #include "math.h" ...
[5 replies] Last: any time (by Zephilinox)
bitset vs own implementation?

Which would be faster? bitset<543> seq; seq >>= 25; Or... vector<uint64_t> seq (9,0); seq >>=...
[2 replies] Last: It will be about the same, unless the optimizer fails to figure out wh... (by Cubbi)
Why to avoid global variables

Hi, I recently finished a c++ class and the instructor mentioned this so many times, he insisted ...
[9 replies] Last: I do not see what you are trying to argue. The point is you shouldn't... (by kbw)
by dem7w2
Runtime error using cout after ifstream

I've been working on one little bug for the longest time (a few hours yesterday and I'm starting aga...
[8 replies] Last: Thanks for the reply rapidcoder. I rewrote my loading functions and no... (by dem7w2)
Calling a function and Passing Data

I'm having some trouble retrieving the data from my void function calculations. When the program ask...
[10 replies] Last: Programming is a hobby of mine, but it acts as entertainment, and stre... (by Volatile Pulse)
Assigning one class object to another class object.

Hi, I have two classes derived from same class as below: class Base { //member functions...
[19 replies] Last: You are trying to assign a cat to a dog, ┬┐what the hell do you expec... (by helios)
average estimated time

while ( nummessage > 0) { // start time ptime t1 = boost::posix_time::second_clock::local_time()...
[1 reply] : Store the last X times in a deque or circular_buffer and take the aver... (by Athar)
Custom output formatting for built-in type

Hi all, I need to change the output format of certain (built-in) types - e.g., doubles - into a cus...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks for the super-fast reply! I went with the num_put facet and a g... (by C Plus Plus)
Help with this program?

Hey guys I'm new here and I'm sorry for bugging you all but I've had some problems with this program...
[1 reply] : I ran the program and it output: 1 123 2 134 3 122 4 128 5 116 6 96 7... (by dem7w2)
help me to converting a char (-) into an operator (+) (1,2)

Anyone help me.i'm trying to convert a char (+) inputed by the user into a c++ operator (+)
[33 replies] Last: Nope. Not a word... (by viliml)
changing directory and running linux commands in c++ code

Hi, I want to run linux commands from my c++ code. and before running these commands i need to chan...
[1 reply] : Look at chdir(2) (by kooth)
need help in how to remove vowel from the string?

this is the program to remove vowel from the string. i am having problem in this code. It's not givi...
[5 replies] Last: it's a garbage value which generally occur due to memory leaks or impr... (by HiteshVaghani1)
generate list of random numbers without dup

I want to find any plain and efficient way, thanks.
[5 replies] Last: #include <vector> #include <cassert> #include <algorithm> #include <s... (by JLBorges)
spell-testing for VG prototyping

Hi all y'all C++'ers. I'm going to come right out and say that I don't know much of anything about p...
[1 reply] : something like that would take either a high level graphics API and a ... (by Zephilinox)
c++ pointers not being respected

Hi, I have a problem, I have a code with threads (boost thread group) and this pointer ppa::Nod...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks I found the problem, the address of the pointer was the same is... (by Pedro Alonso)
Need a bit of an explanation

Here's a class declaration. I spent too much time learning UnrealScript that I'm having a brain fart...
[8 replies] Last: It's possible to call a specific base class constructor when implement... (by TheIdeasMan)
Linking .cpp Files

Hi! I have made many small apps. A calculator, a game and many more, all text based. I want to make ...
[9 replies] Last: u need the header: #include <cstdlib> (by soranz)
Quadtree - Finding the coords

I'm trying to make a simple 2D voxel quadtree engine that uses as little memory as possible i.e one ...
[1 reply] : 4 8 16 Those are powers of 2 So something like 2^(BranchNumber+1) I ... (by BrokenSilenceDev)
Opengl circular lighting

I have looked around and found lots of examples involving cone-sized flashlights and shadow handling...
[2 replies] Last: Ok thanks for the advice, will try it out. (Pretty new to opengl so wi... (by James2250)
by Puriel
World Maps for gaming

I am looking to create some fairly simple games in the Genre or Risk etc. Since I am pretty low l...
[5 replies] Last: The API I was thinking of trying out for this kind of task is CLUTTER.... (by htirwin)
August 2012 Pages: 1... 262728293031
  Archived months: [jul2012] [sep2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.