General C++ Programming - May 2014 (Page 4)

Give the error does not show out put what is my mistake!

#include <iostream> #include <string> #include <fstream> #include <cstdlib> //Header Files #include "Car.h" /***********Class String of Cars********...
[9 replies] Last: Aww Thank you . I look at and you really really help me. I have nothi... (by sarak786)
Game Development

Hello , i am programming for a year i have started with PASCAL , then i moved to C++ , i have bought a book , i have started with console applications , now...
[3 replies] Last: programming is not all, need to learn vector maths as well. (by DeXecipher)
Linked list using templates issue

I decided to make a linked list program using classes and templates. I implemented my linked list and added some basic functions, everything worked just fine. ...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks for that. (by GaiusBaltar)
Multi-threading performance hits

Hi. First post here and sorry if this has been asked a thousand times already. I'm just starting out with multi-threading and I've got it working but performa...
[14 replies] Last: What exactly are you trying to measure here, anyway? (by Disch)
SoundFont 2.04 specification question

I'm reading the specification and implementing it in my emulator. I notice that about the IGEN/IMOD chunks it is said: The size of the IMOD sub-chunk in byte...
[no replies]
fstreaming

So my problem is that I cant open my file stream. In one part of the program says the record was created but when i open it, it always says, record does not exi...
[3 replies] Last: If the file exists, it will open; however, the data might not be what ... (by closed account j3Rz8vqX)
Casting non pointers

Hello. In http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/typecasting/ you find the following example for casting a pointer. Base * pba = new Derived; Deriv...
[7 replies] Last: > Base pba = Derived(); http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Object_slicing... (by ne555)
File handling vs shared memory

In interprocess communication(IPC) when processe have to share data among each other,why cant they all connect to one single file and share data with help of ...
[3 replies] Last: Since the file operation mostly take place in memory, performance is n... (by coder777)
by MaxC1
Binary Tree Maze

Hi guys I am working on a maze project where in a binary tree maze is generated by a text file and then recursively solved. I know the theory behind recursively...
[no replies]
unusual problem - variable decrements itself

I'm completely confused about this error. My global variable which i only use once in the program and increment it is getting back at one point and i don't know...
[3 replies] Last: It is not defined what happens when a value is stored outside the arra... (by coder777)
Socket Programming and Server Browsers

Hi all, I've recently done some socket programming and I'm wondering how to write a server browser for a game or application ( on a local network ). I'm a...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks for you thoughtful response, sorry my if my clarity wasn't up t... (by SuperStinger)
#include-ing data structure problem

I'm getting the "missing type specifier - int assumed" error on this line: static FilterResult FilterInput(const InputType&, const Player& plr = Player()); ...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks, that does works. (by dleanjeanz)
gamecreator function does wierd stuff

hi, I have made a game generator whitch links wo people from a database to play a game but for some reason it decided to not work. it compiles fine but when ...
[2 replies] Last: @helios in the first or the second version? for the first I was think... (by p33n kenan)
by KCWS
Calling header file from a centralized folder

Hi Seniors, Scenario as below: I have two module, A and B Module A: - A.cpp & A.h Module B: - B.cpp & B.h and then for these two *.h file...
[3 replies] Last: The headers are in a folder the compiler/preprocessor doesn't know abo... (by coder777)
Please help me to build a polygon.

Solved
[1 reply] : can we take input edges from user??? Sure. Use cin http://www.cplusp... (by coder777)
how to input two variables from the same line?

how to input two variables in the same line? like when i type 12 and press enter, 1 must be assigned to a, and 2 must be assigned to b. I want it to be entered...
[5 replies] Last: yessir (by Pindrought)
access violation and pointers question (SDL)

Hi, If I have any more than ten pointers to ten different sprite sheets i get an access violation on any pointer after that. Any help would be appreciated. ...
[5 replies] Last: @Lachlan Easton--- It's the size of a single frame on a sprite sheet (... (by mhouse777)
Need help with my code please!!!!

I'm using a test driver to run my program and Part II (convert to infix to postfix )failed!!! Student gives the right values. infixToPostfix() returned ...
[2 replies] Last: Yeah, your right. I fixed that. (by claudilla)
Sensor values reading worng

I am only receiving the correct temperature value. The other 3 values are reading wrong. My format string isent matching the variable list. Can anyone tell me w...
[3 replies] Last: Well, the number and type of format specifiers need to match exactly t... (by coder777)
Need help in 'remove' function to a dynamic array

I have posted the code below, it is an assignment for class I am supposed to have working. He updated the code, and when I tried to follow it, I found that I ca...
[6 replies] Last: Well I deleted the line delete &DB ; and the code ran, however, it d... (by Bonster)
May 2014 Pages: 123456... 31
  Archived months: [apr2014] [jun2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.