General C++ Programming - September 2012 (Page 6)

Cross-Platform

Heyy everybody, I was wondering how i could get a program i made to work on windows (Im on mac). Everything should be cross-platform but since the executable i...
[5 replies] Last: You can run 32-bit apps on a 64-bit Mac just fine, it's the other way ... (by Computergeek01)
by iky
can someone take a look at this and help me?

when i run this program i am not getting an answer for the equations. i dont know how to put the program like everyone else does so im just gonna paste it and p...
[2 replies] Last: youre right. thank you so much. (by iky)
please i need help

im Rodney from South Africa, i need help with a C++ programming assignment, if you can help please send me your email
[1 reply] : This is a forum, so: Why don't you post your problems and questions he... (by Fransje)
Parameter Help

I made this loop, but how do I make it so it doesn't output numbers below 0 or over 10? It asks for a user to input a number 1-10 earlier and then randoms a ...
[11 replies] Last: thanks a ton for all the help guys. I got it to work! +1 point for all... (by skittlesaddictx50v)
Encryption: The Binary side of things... (1,2)

Hello. I am 'teaching' myself C++ (internet/forums, etc...) and have written some pretty nice programs. I have also written an encryption algorithm, and under...
[21 replies] Last: It's a ballot program, so it doesn't matter what encryption it has. I... (by helios)
2nd and 3rd place in my program

// Includes #include "stdafx.h" #include <iostream> #include <stdio.h> #include <conio.h> using namespace std; // Main Function int main() { char...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you, it works now. (by Reaper1)
Vector of C style strings

I really need some help. this is a simple program, its supposed to create a vector of c style strings. something is wrong though, if you look at the output, it ...
[12 replies] Last: Oops. Corrected. (by cire)
Please help

The Biggest Loser A new weight loss competition called The Biggest Loser has been initiated. The objective of this competition is winning by losing as much wei...
[1 reply] : http://www.cplusplus.com/articles/Ny86b7Xj/ (by helios)
rand

Your advise to change the range of the return value of rand() by using the modulus is not a good idea. You have correctly pointed out that rand() will be biased...
[10 replies] Last: //////////////////////// boost ///////////////////////////////// te... (by JLBorges)
by Feyy
Copy Constructor

I have some code like the following which is causing me some confusion: #include "OtherClass.h" class TestClass { public: TestClass(); TestClass(cons...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks Peter. I also found another explanation here after a bit of se... (by Feyy)
Fatal IO error 11

Hi All, I am getting an error during the execution of a program. XIO: fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server ":0.0" af...
[5 replies] Last: I didn't say WINDOWS: I said X-Windows. Google that term. The first ... (by kooth)
Making a command line argument function

deleted
[2 replies] Last: 1. You need to pass thru argc, and argv to foo(). 2. You shouldn't wri... (by kbw)
Translating entire program to goto's

Hi guys, Having some issues here. I am required to translate an entire program into SIMPLE C, (goto's for all loops) and then from there for our next projec...
[1 reply] : First - could you please use code tags - the <> button on the right. ... (by TheIdeasMan)
Weird errors when using .cpp file

I have created a header file for an application I am writing but now that it receives more functionality than intended at first, I would like to move the member...
[11 replies] Last: I am wondering why you have implementation code a header file. Norma... (by TheIdeasMan)
by iky
need help please!!!

hi. i have an assignment due tomorrow and i am a beginner and i need help. i started it and i think i have most of it done. i have to get statistics for 8 teams...
[2 replies] Last: Pleas use code tags - the <> button on the right. Have you heard of ... (by TheIdeasMan)
Displaying string and int using an overloaded << operator

I've got a class called Date, in which I have built several overloaded operators, including the << operator for cout statements. The date class takes three inte...
[5 replies] Last: All right, all errors are gone. Gonna test this and see if I can't get... (by AdamBomb89)
by dipgi
need help about serialize eigen::matrix class

Hello, I have used Eigen::Matrix class in my project and I want to serialize it using boost. Can someone explain how to do it. Thanks in advance.
[no replies]
Creating a GUI in Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Express

I have run into a problem, i have watched countless youtube videos and forums but i can't find information about how to create the GUI i need. I have create...
[14 replies] Last: Just search up QT tutorials on youtube. Itll be alot easyer than learn... (by Angeljruiz)
by iky
what am i doing wrong here?

i dont know what is wrong with this program. i am not getting any error messages. nothing is printing inside the for loop. if i remove the for loop everything p...
[8 replies] Last: dont worry i wasnt telling you to do it for me. gotta learn it myself ... (by iky)
Can any 1 help me this out..???please....

converting dollars to coins... conditions..:::: • Multiple outputs to the screen • At least one input • The use of integers and strings • Looking o...
[1 reply] : Here's a starting point: quarters = Cents / 25; Cents %= 25; dime... (by TheJJJunk)
September 2012 Pages: 1... 45678... 32
  Archived months: [aug2012] [oct2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.