Lounge - February 2013 (Page 2)

by kbw
Microsoft Updates

Has anyone else noticed a huge number of recent Microsoft Updates going back to 2005 or earlier? Is this related to recent publicized hack?
[2 replies] Last: I keep an XP box around for some reason. It's been installing updates... (by kbw)
by hinge
Hello community

Hi c++ community! I am new to the site and c++ language and i wonder who are the best answerers??? Who are knowlegable users???? I wish to post questions her...
[2 replies] Last: I agree with Specter, when posting questions regarding coding you will... (by closed account 3qX21hU5)
Who runs this site?

Who are the people behind writing the reference section, checking the articles, writing the documentation section, handling reported replies, etc.? I don't wan...
[15 replies] Last: No, but one man is approving or denying the contributions. The contrib... (by BHX)
How do I set the instruction pointer on x86 Intel to point to my instruction?

I am writing a super-simple bootloader, yet after reading tuts, I can't seem to get the idea here. I tell FASM I want 16 bit opcodes for P6 microarchitecture...
[10 replies] Last: Yes, TheMachineMaker was right; my mistake. I know that labels and me... (by chrisname)
Really random code

remember to include "concor.h". main.cpp #include <iostream> #include "concor.h" using namespace std; int main() { int array ; for...
[3 replies] Last: Why do you do this greenleaf800073? http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/lou... (by eklavya sharma 2)
Pray with me fellow programmers

Our Program who art in Memory, Hello be Thy Name. Thy Operating System come, Thy Commands be done, at the Printer as it is on the Screen. Give us this day our d...
[no replies]
How to Combine Visa Pre-paid cards?

I have quite a few of those prepaid visa gift cards they sell at Walgreens and CVS etc. I was wondering if there is a way to combine them to one card? Thanks!
[12 replies] Last: Heres one, coure the address is where they send the card to but thats ... (by devonrevenge)
-java chat client problem- threads

I actually tried to pretend it was a c++ problem but i couldnt post the code there, Im trying different kinds of synchronisation but just cant seem to get the c...
[5 replies] Last: sry, I forgot to mention it only works if a server is listening on tha... (by devonrevenge)
GO, c's younger copycat brother? (1,2)

i was bored so i started to learn go from http://tour.golang.org/#1. since go is google and ive never been unhappy with google i thought i would give it a try. ...
[28 replies] Last: Lots of things, it's a totally different language. Read this if you wa... (by chrisname)
by virk
need upgrade my laptop, any recommendations (1,2)

time to upgrade my laptop, I can feel it dying. I want recommendation from you guys. Any preferred laptops (mostly for coding). willing to spend around $800.
[27 replies] Last: It is quite simple, you get what you pay for. (by closed account z05DSL3A)
How were those old 8 and 16 bit games made in the 80s and 90s?

We all know the feeling (well, not all, but a lot). Playing Sega Genesis, 16-bit Sonic The Hedgehog, fighting Dr. Robotnik, enjoying the nostalgia of the great...
[4 replies] Last: I don't believe a 16-bit game like Yoshi's Island was programmed enti... (by Disch)
by rcast
C Contest Code (1,2,3,4)

Thought anybody would be interested in the extreme complexity and elegance(exact opposite of elegance actually) of a small bit of code, can produce something as...
[64 replies] Last: Lol. (by greenleaf800073)
To what extent do you believe this is possible? (1,2,3)

from what i understand, yes it is technically possible. however i dont believe it could be done. you would have to have a lot of time, patience, experience, ski...
[50 replies] Last: What was the original question??? nevermind after looking at everythin... (by supperpiccle)
Random code

#include <iostream> #include <cstdio> #include <cstdlib> using namespace std; int main(int nNumberofArgs,char* pszArgs ) { int myarray ; dou...
[2 replies] Last: It is probably supposed to make a multiplication 3D table (by eklavya sharma 2)
Code review for LZW version 3

Hello. I'm working on an article about LZW compression. This is the source code of the third program, as I want to take the reader through pseudocode, naive ...
[no replies]
Cplusplus Community Chess Game (1,2)

So recently some members of this forums decided to start up a new community project. This project will be a chess game with networking capabilities. So far this...
[31 replies] Last: I'm getting a 404 when forking. (by closed account 3hM2Nwbp)
Good PS2 to PS3 controller adapter

Does anyone know of a good and cheap adapter that has analog sensitivity?
[no replies]
How to distribute free software

For a long time I wanted an inorganic chemistry based software. I would enter some reactants and the program would give the final products, based on a list of s...
[7 replies] Last: It didn't come to my mind that people here would want to look at it. h... (by eklavya sharma 2)
Batch Coding! (1,2,3)

I made a new site! Its about batch coding. Here it is: http://batchcoding.wordpress.com/ EDIT: Please tell this to your friends. I want my site to be known a...
[52 replies] Last: Perhaps design and implementation discussion should be moved to anothe... (by closed account S6k9GNh0)
Is there maths in computer science? yes and maths is awesome

I hope any one google-ing "I want to code/program but im not good/bad at maths" comes across what i have to say first, I was afraid and I just been doing a few ...
[14 replies] Last: I do not have a "math team coach" or anything remotely like it. (by Script Coder)
February 2013 Pages: 1234... 7
  Archived months: [jan2013] [mar2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.