Lounge - February 2013 (Page 3)

by modic
Software Survey (1,2)

Hello! Cave Johnson, here! I am taking a survey on which C/C++ programming software is liked more by you guys! Please don't hate. Just say your opinions on prog...
[24 replies] Last: For my IDE, use Kdevelop on Linux, or QtCreator for GUI apps. So far I... (by TheIdeasMan)
by CroCo
How to practice your c++ programming?

hello all, It is evident from the title. I would like to practice my c++ programming. I'm reading now in game console programming in c++. it seems cool and ...
[9 replies] Last: [quote=iHutch105]What I said was the console wasn't made for games. *... (by BHX)
Why does this work? :O

Ever had those situations? Where all of a sudden something just works, but looking at the code you're certain that it shouldn't? For example, take this linked l...
[6 replies] Last: In Java, you have nine primitive types. The 9th type is reference , w... (by LB)
My C Site

Hello world: I have created this site 3 moths ago when I finished my first CS course for C. I know this site is in C, but please check it out and hand out some...
[10 replies] Last: Ok guys, I moved my blog to a google site, where I added sections base... (by closed account 18hRX9L8)
Java - Null pointer exception

I hate Java, btw. I can never find where errors are happening because everything has to be abstracted in Java. Whatever, I guess it's good practice. Anyway, I c...
[5 replies] Last: There it was. That just got rid of the null pointer exception. I had t... (by ResidentBiscuit)
Why does anyone care about GPA (to an extent) in this field?

I know this is a highly debated question, but I really believe that GPA is more or less irrelevant to this field. It shows how well you can brute force memorize...
[4 replies] Last: ^^This. Unless you're a police officer, I can't imagine you need to me... (by ResidentBiscuit)
Personal Portfolio Website Suggestions

So a buddy of mine is letting me have some free hosting so I decided to spend $10 a year to keep up a portfolio website for myself. Was wondering if you guys co...
[8 replies] Last: Very nice design, I love that it is minimalist yet modern. My only sug... (by naraku9333)
Binary Post Count

As I post this, my post count will hit 1111. I've recently enjoyed the binary delight of 1110 too. Unfortunately, it's time for me to get off the binary trai...
[4 replies] Last: 1111 binary = 15 (by greenleaf800073)
Looking for beginner books.

Hello people. I'm looking for books that can possibly cover every single aspect of C++ on a beginner's scale, also serving as a reference towards intermediate l...
[2 replies] Last: are any of those books particularly smoothly explained (by devonrevenge)
Why are developers "scared" of writing their own operating systems? (1,2)

With the internet, endless resources, source, ability to study, look up knowledge, hardware, motherboards, specifications, instruction sets, even websites on th...
[26 replies] Last: There are other OS out there, like MenuetOS http://www.menuetos.net/ o... (by Oria)
how should I structure teaching myself maths for computer science?

Im going to UNI! :D so i need to brush up maths and the school level stuff is okay just i dont know what maths to teach myself and what to progress into, it wo...
[8 replies] Last: You need strong algebra skills above all else; if you struggle with Al... (by ascii)
I got some spare time before i go to uni, Ive been considering an internship! any advice?

Now i dont know much, Ive temporarily given up trying to install boost cant install sfml only know the basics and weak/n00b with c++ java and general computer u...
[4 replies] Last: Oh right, wow so even after a degree your still at the bottom of the d... (by devonrevenge)
Collisions in hash functions

I don't know how to determine the probability of collisions in a given hash algorithm. It must have to do, at least in part, with the input domain not mappin...
[1 reply] : I don't have time to go through the links, but at a cursory glance som... (by naraku9333)
Eclipse

Does anyone here have any experience with C++ programming on eclipse? I am having some issues trying to get it to work properly. I have the C/C++ installed ...
[2 replies] Last: I tried to program on eclipse, but it seems that it is only good with ... (by modic)
Want to make an encryption program! (1,2)

I want to make an encryption program that works like the banks(RSA), there is a public key and a private key to unlock the message after it is encrypted. The pr...
[20 replies] Last: FYI: Handbook of Applied Cryptography http://cacr.uwaterloo.ca/ha... (by closed account z05DSL3A)
self modifying code

I was wondering if it'd be possible to write self modifying code in C? I guess if you knew where the program is in memory it shouldn't be too hard to do, but ou...
[13 replies] Last: Nah, if anything google and IBM are working on skynet. Just not consci... (by Cheraphy)
by BHX
Steam for Linux == Headaches (1,2)

Man, I thought the Steam client for Linux was going to be a godsend, but after installing it this morning, I've only had headache after headache. If you use Ubu...
[21 replies] Last: Steam for Linux is now natively available, you can even install it usi... (by closed account 1yR4jE8b)
Hacking. (1,2,3,4)

Just out of interest if i wanted to hack websites and stuff what would be the best language to do so.
[73 replies] Last: When I said using phones to hack...just read the book "Icecore" (by greenleaf800073)
by rcast
Subnet Calculator

I wanted to test my knowledge - and create a useful tool for me and others in IT, so I developed over the past 3 days this subnet calculator, it works good. If ...
[1 reply] : // Get the network increment // int getIncrement(vector<int> decima... (by rcast)
Rating for Windows OS (1,2,3,4)

Hey guys, I want to ask something. What do you think of windows xp, vista, 7, and windows 8. Give a rating from 0-10 for each
[60 replies] Last: Windows 3.1 was best, everything after was just terrible! *snickers* ... (by BHX)
February 2013 Pages: 12345... 7
  Archived months: [jan2013] [mar2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.