Lounge - February 2016

About the word "scratch"

I've seen following speaches in many articles, that "make a game from scratch" or "making software from scratch" etc.. What do this "scratch" means?
[6 replies] Last: Making something from the beginning. (by cowbell)
by leo255
Picking a web framework - NodeJS vs Django vs Rails

Hi guys, Was wanting to start learning a web framework while I'm in school, and I'm trying to figure out a good one to start with. So far, the ones I'm inter...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks for posting that youtube video, was so helpful :D (by cowbell)
tic tac toe

// Tic-Tac-Toe // Plays the game of tic-tac-toe against a human opponent #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <vector> #include <algorithm> ...
[2 replies] Last: What is happening here... (by cowbell)
Tired of US sanctions against sudanease people

So recently I have been learning java to develop apps for android, the thing is I want to download Android SDK but since my country is a "State Sponsors of Terr...
[7 replies] Last: This is just incoherent. I have no idea what you're trying to say. T... (by admkrk)
ULTI Gui Library

Hey all, I'm working on a beginner friendly GUI library for Windows. Possibly including Linux through GTK/Wayland and OSX through Cocoa and if I find the time I...
[4 replies] Last: Honestly I would drop that term. I don't mind dropping the term, but... (by wizebin)
About Unity

How do You guys download unity standard assets.. I cant finding any link in https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/32351... I have a beta version of u...
[4 replies] Last: Can you show me a website like this? (by abtahi tajwar)
Changing vocabulary books

Does anyone remember those novels where there was a big dictionary in the back for nonsense words that replaced words in the story? By the end of the book you w...
[7 replies] Last: Well, I was very young. I have a very vague memory of them, so I don't... (by Duthomhas)
mobile app development worth it?

Apparently the median lifetime revenue for an iOS game is 3k. Not a lot of money, but if you consider that 90% of them are just "anime tits + sprite graphics + ...
[4 replies] Last: I was about to say I could of sworn this has been asked before. (by Cody0023)
OCD with coding (1,2,3)

Hey who else here is a little OCD when they are coding. I hear that you kind of have to be when you're coding just to make everything legible. Sometimes i'll de...
[41 replies] Last: Not OCD to the point I'll delete an entire project for aesthetic purpo... (by Yawzheek)
Wondering about if statements (1,2)

Hello Guys, I am making a text adventure game, that uses a lot of classes, and definitely if statements. So mu question is this: Is there a way to 'break' o...
[29 replies] Last: The title of this topic is "Wondering about if statements", and that w... (by admkrk)
by antron
Article review process

Hello all, I am wondering about the article review process on this website. I submitted a draft some months ago (November), but haven't yet gotten feedback. Wit...
[no replies]
GitHub Project

Hey so I am sorry that I deleted my other post on the lounge I didn't realize that anybody saw it. Anyway I just wanted some general feedback about my codi...
[10 replies] Last: Does anybody have any feedback? (by Hirokachi)
Where is the moon (1,2)

Hi guys, Where is the moon? I know this is a bad question, don't judge me, I'm 12. lol
[26 replies] Last: no duplicates on this forum? (by RUNNER PRO AGARIO)
The computer chip (1,2)

I have tried to GOOGLE on how a computer chip actually works, but I never really found anything. I smashed open a computer chip once and all that is in there is...
[26 replies] Last: Indeed, a lot of people fear new technology, sometimes, unfortunately,... (by Cubbi)
64 bit compiler for Windows 7

I know this question gets asked allot but mine is very specific. I have been using Codeblocks with a MinGW 32-bit compiler on windows XP and have recently upgra...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks NoXzema. I just discovered that there is a MinGW 64 bit compile... (by dominover)
by axtyax
Neural Network in c++

So I built a basic neural network in c++, but it was completely infested with memory related bugs, so I am starting the project again, hoping that I can learn f...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks I'll definitely look into those options! (by axtyax)
Advice on Ruby

I think of starting to learn Ruby language. Any books, sources, recommendations? I truly need advice on where to start and what to use for faster progress. I'll...
[5 replies] Last: You're very welcome (by RUNNER PRO AGARIO)
My favourite article so far!

I've just read this article and it's changed so much. I wanted to share it, I know it's on Hacker News but not everyone knows about that site. https://medium...
[5 replies] Last: @MikeyBoy .....? (by RUNNER PRO AGARIO)
Just how much work would throwing in an ssh library in my code be? else need creative help.

I have been given free reign to code any thing I like with a media layer library at uni, just so long as I can demonstrate a good knowledge of object orientated...
[2 replies] Last: oh no lol not an ssh game, either an ssh client like putty or a simula... (by devonrevenge)
Little off topic

Do anyone facing the problem with unity 3.5 game engine that the unity is not loading the 3d ground type grid when creating a new project?
[6 replies] Last: I did own a 5450. It's gonna work, I've been playing Rust in its early... (by S G H)
February 2016 Pages: 12
  Archived months: [jan2016] [mar2016]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.