Lounge - October 2019

The US and Daylight Saving Time

From https://www.timeanddate.com/time/us/arizona-no-dst.html Most of the US observes DST, Hawaii and MOST of Arizona doesn't. The Navajo Nation, a semi-a...
[4 replies] Last: Whoever has to maintain the timezone tables gets to deal with that no... (by Cubbi)
I have an exchange student AMA

Pretty much on a whim the wife and I decided to house a foreign exchange student. She has been with us for a few months now and the experience has been pretty c...
[no replies]
Good programming forum for Java/JavaEE etc.

I started learning programming in school with C++. But, currently, I am taking Data Structures and Algorithm course, and it is only given in Java. I also have a...
[7 replies] Last: Coderanch is probably the best Java forum, very active and has some ve... (by adam2016)
Best Programmer Jokes 2019

Joke 1: What OS you are using? I using osuruk (osuruk in turkish means fart) what?? osuruk operating system a linux based terminal.. :z Joke 2: What your fa...
[3 replies] Last: Here’s a joke, if a bad one. Made My Day Day myDay = this.createD... (by highwayman)
Inscribed angle problem [ math/geometry question ]

Hey guys, I posted this on a math help sub reddit almost 6 hours ago, and after 6 hours of patiently waiting I think it's safe to say nobody can help me ther...
[3 replies] Last: thanks guys :) sorry about the late reply, hard drive failed so was of... (by adam2016)
by Ganado
I need help ASAP, if you can help it’d be greatly appreciated.

main.s .file "main.lol" .text .p2align 4,,15 .def __tcf_0; .scl 3; .type 32; .endef .seh_proc __tcf_0 __tcf_0: .LFB2250: .seh_endprologue leaq _ZStL8__i...
[11 replies] Last: exactly! (by jonnin)
Can I chinese mouse affect your health

Hi, I purchased a chinese affordable wireless mouse (zero reviews, found in "newest arrivals") from amazon.co.uk I'm not sure if it's merely a psychologic...
[14 replies] Last: Do you have the means to check everything you buy? Do you have the op... (by closed account E8A4Nwbp)
Do i needed start Modern Opengl? and why is hard?

Hi i was making a video game on glut. I using windows playsound to play sounds. When i port linux i use very limited sound library that only play mp3 files. But...
[1 reply] : gl is portable, but its not ideal on windows (windows has higher perfo... (by jonnin)
by helios
Challenge (1,2)

Write a constant time implementation of days_in_month(int year, int month) and days_since_january_first(int year, int month, int day). If you use a constant dat...
[31 replies] Last: Last one, again with polynomials: int month_days(int m){ int x =... (by helios)
Sometimes I like C++ just fine

And sometimes I want it to burn to a very nice crisp. That and everything it ever touched. Just hit this ADL problem: https://quuxplusone.github.io/blog/201...
[19 replies] Last: I certainly prefer to use auto very judiciously. I'll use it in pla... (by MikeyBoy)
by Ang
Load Beast

Hi All, Angi back again, and this time with an app that showcases my companies skills in high performance development. Anybody looking for a load balancer can ...
[16 replies] Last: @Furry Guy Do you really think that there is actually something worth ... (by coder777)
Ring topology

Yes. Yes it was.
[3 replies] Last: IIRC, it was a rascake sockpuppet that was reported. *shrug* Yes, I ... (by closed account E8A4Nwbp)
Psychological benefits of online games with GamesBX (1,2)

Well, I was about to click "submit" on the report spam dialog, but... I couldn't bring myself to do it. Somehow it is just too shiny to summarily dismiss... W...
[26 replies] Last: Nice update, Duthomhas, honestly. :) (by George P)
I need some pencil and paper games

I found the google play store lacks plenty Pencil and paper games in one app. I was about 2/3rd through my app when I thought NIM would be nice aswell. Making t...
[4 replies] Last: Found a good site actually http://www.papg.com/show?2XMX (by closed account E8A4Nwbp)
Another project died (My engine) :( + Source code

If you dont want read all text and just want code get here>>https://github.com/iedxgamengine/IEDX My engine not worked correctly in my hands but maybe its hand...
[9 replies] Last: My approach to making own framework is this: implement only stuff you... (by malibor)
What framework should aspiring c++ mechanical engineers learn

Hello, It is highly advised to learn c++, should you wish to enrol in a mechanical engineering career. However, what framework should you learn at the very l...
[4 replies] Last: for visualization ... the 'big' stuff, your tools on your job likely p... (by jonnin)
by zapshe
Would You Ever Date A Stripper? (1,2)

I'm asking for reasons that might be obvious. She says she enjoys her work, and it's definitely not prostitution. It's nothing very serious at the moment, just ...
[28 replies] Last: Surprisingly in a few ways, it went really well. I had a few ideals I ... (by zapshe)
is everything written in C? (1,2)

hi guys, so fun thought, is everything written in C and C++? straight away you are going to say duh.... no, many languages exist. Some for handling web devel...
[23 replies] Last: I will stick with what the <random> library has to offer, my needs are... (by George P)
if (x in xs) ...

A few years ago on SO someone asked for a “Compact way to write if(..) statement with many equalities”. https://stackoverflow.com/questions/35984196/compact...
[15 replies] Last: Very nice, but wrapping a class with leading and trailing operators is... (by Duthomhas)
by zapshe
Useful Programming Languages? (1,2)

Hey guys, my CS class is dangerously easy so far, I've coded all the assignments within a few hours of him uploading. The way he sets up the assignment PDFs mak...
[34 replies] Last: Looks like @rascake is back ... Yes it is me, I simply had to ask th... (by closed account E8A4Nwbp)
October 2019 Pages: 12
  Archived months: [sep2019] [nov2019]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.