Windows Programming - April 2013 (Page 5)

by mirec
win api

hi guys i read a lot about mfc that it is messy and i should not learn to work in mfc that qt is better. can you give me som ideas. i already started to work in...
[13 replies] Last: ... learning alphabets from reverse!! ... Looks a bit like it, right... (by plexus)
by Hotice
Pasting data to clipboard

I am working on a C++ program that allows you to paste URLs into YouTube comments/posts on forums where URLs are forbidden. It works by pasting the modified (po...
[4 replies] Last: None of them. //I have tried it on my computer (by Hotice)
WM_KEYDOWN or GetKeyState(...) for character control

Let say I have a windows game where the user moves a player with WASD... Would I place a switch case in WinProc(...) involving WM_KEYDOWN, or would I check GetK...
[7 replies] Last: Yes that is yet another time I have mistaken msg for msg.message... An... (by TheBeardedQuack)
by lmsmi1
Winsock - Trading Virtual "Items" From Computer To Computer

I would like to make a program that allows the user to connect to an IP and trade virtual "items" with the connection receiver. In Winsock, how would I go about...
[1 reply] : http://www.beej.us/guide/bgnet/output/html/multipage/index.html http:/... (by kbw)
MFC programming at Visual Studio 2005

Hi! I want to know if I can create MFC based applications with Visual Studio 2005 Pro Edition. I ask that because Express version does not include MFC and WinA...
[1 reply] : I want to know if I can create MFC based applications with Visual Stu... (by kbw)
Question regarding PeekMessage()

Hello all, I was reading through some code accompanying a book recently and came upon a use of PeekMessage() that somewhat confuses me. Hopefully someone can h...
[3 replies] Last: No problems :) As I said it has been many many years since I was worki... (by Zaita)
game sound suport

Hi I need to use a header file using sound for my game without using windows media player.does anybody know a sound header (and if someone knows could you give ...
[1 reply] : http://www.un4seen.com/ (by S G H)
Visual C++ Email Message Setup

Hi, I'm currently trying to make an application in Visual C++ 2010 that will include the ability to take a text file and put it as an attachment to an email mes...
[no replies]
Password Spammer

Hey I had this pretend password spammer program (which just outputted a cycle of many combinations) but after randomly browsing MSDN for a while I wondered if I...
[4 replies] Last: Just another thing: You may get some errors, due to CreateThread and a... (by S G H)
How To Start Another Executable.

I have some code here that is supposed to open cmd: #include <iostream> #include <windows.h> int main(void) { LPCTSTR lpApplicationName = "C:/Windows/System...
[5 replies] Last: Got it thanks guys. For those who want fixed code: #include <windows.... (by closed account 18hRX9L8)
how block traffic from certain Mac address

i have a problem in c++. i want o create a code to block received IP traffic based of the source mac address of the packet, but i don't know how to do this. ...
[no replies]
I have no idea on how to explain this or what it is called (Resizing position)

Again I have no idea how to really explain this or now what its called but here it goes. I'm using Virtual machine with seamless mode and it works great and ...
[3 replies] Last: ---blackcoder41 (1425) Apr 13, 2013 at 1:12pm ---Did you try to move ... (by Michael Lathberry)
Send Message to Other Program

Hi guys. I am the new. I want to make a program that changes the game score. I know address of game score. But I can't change. When I run the program, Program ...
[no replies]
I need people to aid me in my game!!!!

Hello everyone!!! I have idea of this 3D game an I was wondering if anyone out there would be willing to form a team and help me publish it. The game is an a...
[no replies]
Cant create a new object to a window

I am a beginner in MFC programming and I am trying to learn basic elements when I go to override InitInstance from CWinApp to create a new object window I get e...
[no replies]
by snig
Trouble with char* concatenation using SDL

My problem is that there is a function I need to use from the SDL library. I have to pass a message of type const char* usually like this function("message"...
[3 replies] Last: I like SFML. But There's a more modern version of SDL ("SDL HG" or "S... (by Disch)
Audio?

Does the windows.h library offer and audio control, if not then what library(built into Dev Bloodshed C++) can I use? If you tell me a library I have to downloa...
[1 reply] : Hey Guys according to that topic i think that the up tools C++ Library... (by markspend1)
problem with vs2010

why I compile the default Helloworld program of Win32 API always get: Link error 4075 LINK : warning LNK4075: ignoring '/EDITANDCONTINUE' due to '/INCREMENTAL:...
[8 replies] Last: Aren't VS12's C++11 capabilities the same of VS10's C++11 capabilities... (by S G H)
Why dose this not work?

Error message is: [Linker error] undefined reference to `PlaySoundA@12' ld returned 1 exit status Cunk of Code: case WM_COMMAND:{ ...
[3 replies] Last: As freddie1 said. You have to link your project/program to the winmm ... (by blackcoder41)
I was wondering.

Say I made a windows program, but I really needed to include SFML, openGl, OpenAl(etc), is this possible? If so how?
[1 reply] : Yes this is possible. Check the respective websites for documentation ... (by Zaita)
April 2013 Pages: 1... 345678
  Archived months: [mar2013] [may2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.